mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 81 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    Regardless of what they call it, put a deposit on one with Kerbeck to get on their list….. Hopefully they'll build the car while I'm still young enough to drive it...

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #2002 TheMayor, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Why would you do that? They are going to build 30,000+ of these a year.

Why would you limit yourself to one dealer?

No specs. No photos. No price. No delivery date. No options = no deposit.

Put some pressure on Chevy to caugh up the goods.

rdefabri likes this.
  3. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    IMO Kerbeck is pulling a scam to steal sales from other dealers.

Once you send them a check you’re going to feel like you’re married and afraid to get a divorce or lose your place in line

“Yes we can get you one but only with the expensive options and features”

4. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US

As far as I'm concerned it's a no brainer. If I don't like the car, the price, the engine the available options..I get my money back. But if it's love at first sight they will actually get me a car, without having to deal with all the bull of dealing with the local dealers. I've dealt with them before and it was a pleasure. I tried to buy a Grand Sport a couple years ago from a local dealer who promised they had an allocation. Long story short 2 months later my order still was not confirmed and Kerbeck had 34 Grand Sports sitting on the lot.
    When the car is coming, who knows, but the few dollars interest I lose is not an issue. I normally don't like to buy first year model cars, but at my age "time waits for no man".
    I just hope I have better luck than my first year McLaren. You remember that story...

5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    ^Fchat irony.

We complain about how Ferrari deals with its customers and then end up doing the same thing with Chevy— voluntarily.

6. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    Sad but true..

7. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Patently INCORRECT. The $1,000 deposit is refundable, your place in line is set and you order the car as YOU want it when the time comes. And, as Donatella pointed out, Kerbeck, because of their success selling Corvettes, will likely get a car as fast or faster than any other dealer. You seem obsessed with finding a monster in the closet. ALL Corvette dealers are NOT created equal (as you well know).
    I get it that you have some weird issue with the process, but do us all a favor and don't just make stuff up.

And I'm pretty certain NO Corvette dealer has ever made someone buy a used Corvette or a new Impala for the honor of buying a new Corvette, so how this is remotely close to the Ferrari buying experience is beyond me.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I got a car from another dealer FASTER than Kerbeck because everyone RUSHED to them and put down deposits. To bad for them.

Sorry, that is the truth.

And putting down a deposit means you are tied to them. Yes, you can get the money back but you have to get the money back

I have NO PROBLEM with deposits. My problem is Kerbeck is selling something it doesn't know anything about and cannot even guarantee there IS a C8! So, if you want to put money down on something that you don't know what it looks like, what the specs are, what it costs, and when you might get it go right ahead.

Kerbeck is trying to suck up all the quota from GM and use its own customers money to do it.

This is NOT going to be a "rare car". Chevy will pump these things out by the thousands. Many will just end up on dealer's lots before you get your car.

9. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    This.

Chevy expects to manufacture 40,000+.

10. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #2011 jimmyb, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    First, Kerbeck cannot "suck up all the quota". Allocations are based on PREVIOUS model year purchases of Corvettes from GM. A dealer doesn't get a big allocation because he "says" he's got deposits.
    Do you really think Kerbeck (THE largest Corvette dealer) doesn't know anything about the C8? Really? I would bet MONEY that Kerbeck management has SEEN the C8, knows it's specs, knows it's approximate price, approximate release date, etc... These guys don't sell 1,000+ Corvettes a year by playing fast and loose.
    Kerbeck, Mike Furman, Rick Conti KNOW a lot about the C8. They cannot TELL what they know. If you doubt that....
    Loose lips sink ships and all that.

jm2 likes this.
  11. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Where did you get that number from?

12. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Early docs implied it. May or may not be true or realistic, but I suspect with Ford’s success with Mustang in Europe, they are probably considering flat / slightly higher numbers in US, opportunistic growth from Europe.

13. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    No deposit=waiting longer
    I chose to order my 2014 C7 locally. My dealer is a mid size Corvette seller. There is NO doubt I could have gotten my car faster going with Kerbeck/Furman/Conti/etc...
    And BTW, I put a deposit on my C7 3 months before I could actually ORDER the car. My dealer told me what their allocation was, I understood that it would be a longer wait, but as it turned out, it wasn't that long. Here was my time line.
    1. I put a $1,000 refundable deposit on the car in June 2013 for my 2014 convertible (this would be the dealer's first convertible allocation)
    2. August 7, 2013, if I remember correctly was the first day convertibles could be ordered and we spec'd the car out that day and the car went into GM order system at status 1100 (order placed by dealer)
    3. GM started producing convertibles the first week of December 2013, if memory serves.
    4. My car went to status 3000 (order accepted by GM) in late January 2014 with a TPW (target production week) of last week in February
    5. Car was delivered to my dealer the 3rd week of March.

of2worlds likes this.
  14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    jm2 likes this.
  15. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

k wright and of2worlds like this.
  16. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

I would say most porche buyers dont know what Gt3 is either, other than its the more expensive one. With the Zora name which sounds different and therefore stricks in the mind, Gm can build a marketing story, the same way any other car company reprises old names and the past calatlogue wraps a new product in some history for "authenticity". Its why Vw bought Bently and Ford Aston Etc.

Chevy is selling a "performance story/history" and Zora is the story they have to sell.

k wright likes this.
  17. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
  18. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

I get that time wits for no man. First year anything not a great plan. A completly new car and new layout from Gm.

19. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

All true, but if you simply have to have the first year car, this is a likely way to get tit.

20. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Yes, the only way the old guys can get tit is with a new vette. :)

polishhammer83 likes this.
  21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON