mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 91 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    ^^^ I wonder why the news release went out under cadillac.com and chevrolet.com but not gm.com?

jm2 likes this.
  2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Image Unavailable, Please Login http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/04/mid-engine-corvette-c8-r-could-fall-under-faster-gte-plus-regulations/?fbclid=IwAR3nI9bKI4fbc5Qp1U9JCGSeik78be7OA0QgNJkGpWJF8wcuxNdrYpU1oS8

FerrariF430boy and of2worlds like this.
  3. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    thecarreaper and jm2 like this.
  5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Looks like someone went to Home Depot and bought the supplies for that one :eek:

NbyNW, Ak Jim and of2worlds like this.
  6. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

#2256 NbyNW, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Interesting headline and article. Honda has been mentioned here and the team building the NSX was/is hand selected to build the car. Yet GM hires 400 hourly workers. Is this implying limited benefits and limited skill sets? I hire hourly workers for yard work, not for assembling the latest and greatest car.

Edit: And this is in no way criticism of the workers in BG... just a poor press release by GM. Tons of extremely skilled workers are hourly mainly not by their choosing.

7. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    ^^^ Maybe the new car is more complex to assemble and takes longer to assemble and GM is going to need two shifts to meet existing demand and hopefully increased incremental demand?

Widowmaker likes this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I have zero experience in sales and marketing but I predict the C8 will be a huge success, a turning point for Corvette and may rival the impact the ‘65 Mustang had.
    Yep...I said it. :)

VAF84 likes this.
  9. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  10. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    jm2 likes this.
  12. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Why in God's name would they do the logical thing?
    That would be too obvious!
    Let's drag this out for as long as possible.........

anunakki likes this.
  13. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

What car launch is out there that would crash their party? Someone has to be thinking about it.

14. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    July 18th....I'm first on my dealer's list for a C8 convertible and I'm not as BOTHERED as some of you guys who aren't going to BUY the car under any circumstances anyway...:rolleyes:
    Talk about a first world problem:
    "What's bothering you today?"
    "Those jerks at GM won't take the camo off the C8 so everyone can see it's ugly, thereby proving how RIGHT I was...."

15. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Nearly my entire career has been marketing, and while I don’t think the C8 will rival the Mustang, I will say car manufacturers in general are quite adept at marketing. I have no doubt that at launch, this car will be a huge hit.

Over time, not sure. The number of license drivers in the US is up, but it seems demand for cars is far lower than trucks / SUVs and that will surely impact sales.

Once GM has a hybrid C8, they’ll look to make inroads in Europe. If they can sell 5000 C8s in Europe (no small task), the program is a huge success IMHO.

On the subject of looks, from what we can see - it’s polarizing. However, more than a few people have compared it to the McLaren GT, so maybe GM is on to something.

Personally, I can’t wait to see it. Not sure I love what I see looks wise, but I’m sure the car will be a blast.

LARRYH likes this.
  16. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Gettin' kinda used to the look - wonder what the take rate would be on pre-launch livery?

LARRYH, jm2 and of2worlds like this.
  17. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  18. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Someone should have theirs painted in the test camo or maybe it's a 4K option.

19. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    GM just announced the C8 is being unveiled in Orange County, Ca...
    Need you guys from Southern California to get some good pictures..

of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  20. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Just curious, but can you direct me to where GM made this announcement?

21. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    More than the styling or performance, I am wondering whether we will get to page 100 of this thread before the cammo comes off.

I am sure like all moderns it will handle well.
    My personal order of priority is.

1. Weight. (thats a question mark)
    2. Handling dynamics/feedback/steering feel. (vettes have "handled" for a while, but on limit dynamics, feedback and tactile feel have not been a strong suite)
    3. Styling, thats somewhat subjective and excusable if points 1 and 2 are stellar. Its unlikely to blow us away like a LAf or hurrucan. But that C8R looks kickass to me.
    4. Build quality, yes its built to a price. If the upper versions are 100k+ there should be 100k build quality and materials. Not critical but id hyundai can do it.
    5. Power, this is a given with a vette and I have no qualms here.

For me, points 1 and 2 are critical. I dont expect ver 1.0 to be the best. Vettes tend to evolve well with time. I fear though its going to be a big car, irredemably heavy. Comepnsating with lots and lots of power and a dct, great for the street where you cant really got hat fast anyway, but questionable elsewhere. I am happy for some z06 version to prove me worng. The C8R looks kickass, if they can get the weight down for a road version of that and good build/feedback, whats not to like.

22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    We’re a little more than two months away from the mid-engine C8 Corvette’s debut, but expect Chevrolet to continue dishing out tiny details along the way. The latest bit of information comes from an e-mail invitation sent to media, which the Mid-Engine Corvette Forum published on Tuesday.

In the invite, Chevrolet names Orange County, California, as the location for the mid-engine C8 Corvette‘s debut. The location puts to rest rumors of where the car will debut, though we heard months ago a standalone event was highly likely.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/05/palm-trees-and-a-sports-car-mid-engine-c8-corvette-to-debut-in-california/#ixzz5mg8mP4Wn

jm2 likes this.
  23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  24. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004