Midwest Spotter's thread | FerrariChat

Midwest Spotter's thread

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by mchferrari, Jun 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Share whatever you spot that's note worthy to you. This includes any spottings in any of the midwest.

Yesterday, I-35 in front of Aristocrat in Kansas City, Black 456M with shields. Almost didn't even notice it it's so understated in black.

Also Aristocrat has a Carrera GT and a Gallardo (with orange rims) for sale.

2. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I've never actually gotten to aristocrat... need to sometime...

and I need to get you guys pictures of the Unimog that runs around.... too cool.

3. mchferrari

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Aristocrat is a cool place. They let me sit in the Carrera GT. :)

4. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    sounds like the BMW dealere here, I have a, good, relationship with them....

they had a Z8 Alpina thing in the showroom with a big DO NOT TOUCH sign on it...

I was sitting in it, fiddling with controls.... salesmen were saying that they didnt ever get to do that! hahaha

but they do tend to lack cars of aristocrats calibere... although they had a CL65 last time I was out there IIRC...

5. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Can't remember if it was Thursday or Friday of last week (June 9th or 10th) but I saw a red '84 Testarossa headed south on 69...

6. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    69 = metcalf?

7. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    well, it was on the Overland Parkway thing that goes from I35 and meets back up with Metcalf south of 119th street....

8. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    ah, ok. gotcha.

9. mchferrari

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Red Hummer H3 in west Topeka. First one I've seen on the road. Don't know how long they've been out.

10. atomstrange

atomstrange Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2005
    Lenexa KS
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Apparently eddie kennison got rid of his lambo and now has a hummer and a gorgeous new 640CI bmw with 20+ giovanna rims. It stopped traffic all night long.

11. atomstrange

Jun 3, 2005
    Lenexa KS
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Ohh, the beamer is black and the rims are all black too.

12. lngjon

lngjon Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Blue Springs
    Full Name:
    Johnathan Long
    Aristocrat used to suck back when Horst Schwab used to own it. At one time they had a ferrari distributorship but it got yanked. Word was that it was due to crappy customer service. They used to keep them in a locked off side showroom and were really snotty about it.
    I was there last week and saw the Gallardo (hideous color, though) and the Carerra GT... everyone was quite nice.
    Since Ernie Turminia took over it's much improved. They even gave me Janet JAckson concert tickets once when we were shopping for a benz wagon for my wife, although that day my Bentley broke down in their lot so maybe they were feeling sorry for me...

The nicest guys I've dealt with in this area (MO) are certainly the guys in springfield. (Motorcars and Team Motorsports).

13. lngjon

lngjon Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Blue Springs
    Full Name:
    Johnathan Long
    How could you tell it was an 84? I didnt think they brought the Testarossa here until 85, with the big mirror. An 84 would be a real rarity in the states.
    There's some cat out here in Blue springs with a early 2000's Diablo in dark red I see sometimes on 7 hiway, and the guy across the street has a black Arnage green label. Makes me wish I still had my Turbo R but I guess the Mondial will have to do...:)

14. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    It may have been an '85...

15. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Saw a silver Maserati Coupe yesterday by the state capitol, the most beautiful MILF was driving it.

16. mchferrari

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    3:15 today in Lawrence,
    Red Testarossa on Iowa near K10. I've seen this one a couple of other times. Was on my way back from a weekend vacation to Branson, which of course included a stop at the Springfield dealers. Awesome cars.

17. atomstrange

Jun 3, 2005
    Lenexa KS
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Yes aristocrat used to be very snotty about the ferrari room. And yes, ernie has done a very nice job in cleaning up that dealership. The only negative I have heard lately about aristocrat was trying to get service on an sl600 that was not purchased from them. They tend to get very uptight about that. She tried to buy one from them but they quoted 15% more than sticker.

18. EndymionMKII

EndymionMKII Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    James
    Ferrari 328 spotted in the Old market area in Omaha.

19. mchferrari

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    When did Aristocrat have Ferrari?
    I knew they recently tried to get Aston Martin but couldn't because it had to have it's own showroom, which is interesting because now they are building a new Jaguar/Land Rover showroom.
    I also heard they were trying to acquire Lotus instead but failed to or something.

20. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Spotted a Red Lotus Esprit (I think it may have been an S4) at the new Carrabas (sp?) on Mur-Len, just south of 119th street...

21. Tom Larkins

Tom Larkins Formula Junior

Saw an F430 spyder at the Lodge of 4 Season Marina/Lake of the Ozarks on Saturday. License said "Yummy1"

22. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    saw a yellow maserati cabrio the other day.... guy driving is was NOT hot.... :D

and come on people, snap some pics!

23. atomstrange

Jun 3, 2005
    Lenexa KS
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I would say aristocrat had ferrari in late eighties early nineties. I know there is a ferrari service place out south near metcalf now and I had heard the tech from aristocrat owns that now, but no sure if thats correct? Maybe someone can let me know if I am correct? Why wouldn't they just give aston martin there own showroom, Who cares? Its aston martin. The land rovers just sit outside anyway?

24. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Autosport Gallery is located at 206th and Metcalf in Stillwell, KS.

Chris Hill is the General Manager, he has been a Ferrari tech for over 30 years, he has had his own shop and was origionally at Ferrari of San Francisco.

The shop is privatly owned by a prominent KC business man, Chris Hill does maintain a miniority ownership interest.

The quality of the work is just incredible................

He can work on anything from 166 to 360's....

25. Capone

Capone Karting

Mar 29, 2005
    Midwest
    #25 Capone, Jun 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017