Might be looking for my first F-CAR | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Might be looking for my first F-CAR

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ara, Oct 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    We must NOT forget this. Someone check Rickster's temperature please!

;)

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Notice I did not say when...LMAO

3. ara

ara Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westmount, Quebec
    no doubt the z06 and viper are the fastest and best handling out of all the cars, i love the z06, had a lot of time behind the wheel and find the car quite addicting, never driven a viper. I'm just scared of peoples opinion if i buy a ferrari and people talk in my community, i don't want to have people know what kind of car i have, only close friends, i don't even want my parents to know. lol

4. Dadspeed

Dadspeed Karting

May 3, 2005
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    www.ooley-blackburn.com has a nice white one, i dont know if you are into white ferraris, but take a look at it

5. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Hmmm , a Gallardo, Murci, SLR, 575MM, Enzo, 430, Saleen...I think you are wrong here my friend, still many cars better.

Seems to me you made up your mind, so why pose the question in the first place.

What type of answer were you looking for on a Ferrari Fourm ?

6. ara

ara Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westmount, Quebec
    i meant the best in handling and performance out of my list, i know not the best out there, i am getting opinion because in the end it's not like i'm getting the ferrari to track, i'm driving and having fun where 1/4 and g's don't matter, i am just weighing the pros and cons, and seeing what others would pick to get a better idea.

7. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Just get a nice mint 348 TB or Spider. A nice little rocket indeed with killer styling. But I suggest you try it for a fit. Oh and be carefull if you come across a "Speciale" (Not that they are everywhere) some have the super- tight arsed F40 seat option. I sat in a black Speciale 3 years ago at my old work place and I swear they had to get the jaws of life to get my fat Portuguese arse out of there. But oh did that 348 TS Speciale sound nice with the Tubi's. Black on Crema *droool*

Vasco

8. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    whoa - are you lying to yourself ARA? if you're not comfortable with the brand on the bumper and what it represents to your family, maybe you're not ready. It's a small world and everyone will know after time.

Much like other's here, I took two years to find what I wanted - and $80 isn't going to get you a 348 spider - can't import them from the US until they're 15 years old, nor the 348ts/tb. I have a soft spot for 348tb's and there's lots of room inside, although some of the seats are narrower than others. Seats can be fixed and changed, I wouldn't stress about that unless you're into concours and resale.

If you buy a really good one, you likely could keep to few $k/yr except for the major years, and be prepared for a possible $20k bill (synchro's/engine - whatever). Assuming you're using a quality independent shop or doing the work yourself. Dealer's will charge more.

Personally, I wish I did it sooner, and the heck with what other people think. (I'm 41 and bought my 1st in February).

PS: be very careful about buying crashed and poorly maintained Fcars! Money spent up front with a professional independent PPI is so very well worth it.

9. ara

ara Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westmount, Quebec
    thanks, i'm surprised we can't import the 348, just looked at the customs website, i thought you could, oh well, if and when i buy, the car will have to have all service done, i want a headache free car for a while, won't keep it a long time because an opportunity to invest will show up shortly, this is also why i want a car that has reached the bottom of the depreciation curve so i can get my money back quite quickly. Some might say im a little young in age to drive a ferrari, i am quite mature and i know how to handle these things, i just don't want the stigma, if there is such a thing.

10. RAISIN

RAISIN Karting

Sep 9, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    BACK IN BLACK
    Rick has no vision and buying an oil leaking car that spends most of it's day at Tom's garage is not my idea of fun. (since you want to make fun of my plastic car)

A sports car driver is a sports car driver. Don't b.s your way into saying a Ferrari owner is special. Please. Owning a true sports car that everyone claims them to be and i am talking about the professionals is a joy to own.

Claiming yourself or all Ferrari owners as different is very arrogant.

You are obviously thinking that you are better than anyone else if you own a Ferrari.

Thank heavens some of the other guys are down to earth and that is why i will probably buy an F.Car. But if i was to base it on your comments above. Never in a million years.

11. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    ara,

A young person in a rather flashy car, whether it be a 348 or not, will definitely attract attention. Good luck in avoiding people in your community, your parents, and the stigma attached to owning an exotic.

It's going to be pretty tough.

12. ara

ara Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westmount, Quebec
    to tell you the truth, i am weary of all the cars, usually here, people who have nice cars, it's daddy's money, i earned this money and want to spend it, another part of me wants to invest all my money, but i have no idea what to do. Oh well.

13. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    You will only be the age you are once in your lifetime. And you will only live your lifetime once.

Worry less about what other people think of you. Be much more concerned with finding your own happiness.

If you really want the car, go get it and don't look back. Who cares what anyone else thinks? The permagrin on your face will tell the whole story.

14. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

Explain to me where I am arrogant?

No, a sports car is not a sports car, even though the driver might be the same. They all have different applications. Reread my post...slowly...I have not said I or any ferrari owner is better than anyone else.

Ferrari owners my freind are different owners than a Porche, viper, vette owner.(if they of course only own one car). No different than a hockey fan or a soccor fan. They are still fans but enjoy different sports.

Apples and Oranges Raisin...Apples and Oranges.

Thinking about the fcar eh....hahahah...lol....would love to have you and see in one.

You know thats where you belong brother...why fight it?.....its your destiny !!!

Come on, lets go shopping

15. RAISIN

RAISIN Karting

Sep 9, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    BACK IN BLACK
    Save me sum!!!!

16. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    Get me a 2006 Gcar with the spider rims and clear bonnet and ill be happy forever...Do it...

17. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    My quick $.02 (and I hope I don't offend anyone):

- If its between a 348 or a Z06, I'd take the Z06.
    - A 355 or a Z06, I'd take the 355 no question.

Perhaps like Rick said, you should look at a Testarossa, that might fit your budget.

18. ara

ara Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westmount, Quebec
    i don't like the testa, too aged i find, it's nice, but the 348 has that lightweight look which i like.

19. chevalcabre

chevalcabre Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    i have a 348 1991 with 35 000 kms.... red / tan... as good as new...all books,tools... it is 10 min. away from westmount... 66000$ cad buys it !

20. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Steve, that's a sweet deal. Does it have the majors done on it too? I so, gotta pass by your place when I am back in Montreal!

Vasco

21. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Major? original clutch? please email me at [email protected]

22. ara

ara Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westmount, Quebec

hey steve, thanks, will come check it out this week if you don't mind, or the next, i'll call your number on the website. Thanks again