Mike Sheehan - The Ferrari Curmudgeon | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Mike Sheehan - The Ferrari Curmudgeon

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Texas Forever, Jun 9, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

IT definitely fits the bill. At 42 I'm over the hill, and 16 years experience counts for nothing. When this gig goes away, there's no way I'll match it. That's why I'm already working on plan B

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

Maybe we should start a thread...."mlambert890--the economy curmudgeon."

:)

3. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    That's funny.

But we should start a thread about Mike Sheehan.

This thread abandoned the original topic a long, long time ago.

4. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    +100

You are right on the money with this post.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    THIS is GOOD!!

*golf clap*

6. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I turned 40 on Monday and have just started to hit my career potential, of course my field did not really exist, or at least was not taken seriously until 10 years ago come September. It will be another 10 years before I expect my income to really level out, and that is about the time when many of my investments will come to fruition. And not to be morbid, but I have many older baby boomer friends that, while not trust fund babes, received nice inheritances over the last few years, a few of which went toward classic vehicles like muscle cars, Dinos and 911/356's. Would like my parents, and all of our parents, to live a happy life until 120, but it is not going to happen. Maybe it is the optimism all my years in politics, but I still see the American economy as robust and the light at the end or the recession economy tunnel approaching quickly.

7. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    The latest article on serial numbers specifically says to stay very far away from F-Chat.

I thought that was interesting.

8. Infidel

Infidel Guest

Jan 19, 2011
    Southeast, USA
    This post is so full of inaccuracies, oversimplifications and unsupportable conclusions, I just don't know where to start.

Suffice to say that, as the old saying goes, "If you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right."

9. JR.

JR. Karting

May 12, 2006
    lake forest, IL
    i am a longtime subscriber to SCM. most of the SCM writers know more about what they write about than i do. Mike Sheehan is one of those guys. Most of what he says makes sense and i generally share his thoughts with my associates.

i haven't purchased a car or sold one thru Mr. Sheehan but i have talked to him regarding a prospective purchase. I appreciated the time he took to speak with me and respected his input. i am not saying he is perfect, but he KNOWS Ferrari's and i look forward to future articles.

as always, time will tell.

10. brettgagnon

brettgagnon Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Brett Gagnon
    I have recently purchased a car through Sheehan and I can say:

-I was treated fairly.
    -Mike & Co. were up front about the defects on the car and the history.
    -I was provided with digital copies of service work in advance of purchase.
    -I was presented with the original documentation at time of transaction including service records.
    -The car was delivered as expected and in the condition of the PPI and test drive.

Basically dealing with Mike was a good experience, he is knowledgeable and no nonsense when dealing with. I am sure over his long history in the business there have been some oops and some oh #$@% but my experience was 100% satisfactory.

Take it for what you will.

Brett