Mike Tyson down to last few bucks | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mike Tyson down to last few bucks

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by wax, Feb 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Guys, there is a GREAT article in the Feb 2004 issue of Cigar Afficionado about the impending legal battle between Tyson and Don King. Tyson is suing King for $100 million and King is counter-suing for $110 million. Don is never one to be outdone. It is a fascinating read and is very well balanced I think, even has a lot of input from Teddy Atlas about the early days with Tyson as a 16 year old with Cuss D'Amato. I have followed boxing since 1974 and all I can say is: Don King is without a doubt a CROOK !!! He has left a trail of broken, broke fighters along the way and actually thinks that it is the fighter's fault !! If you are a fan of fighting, pick this magazine up if you don't already get it. Tyson made over $300 million and if filing bankruptcy !! WTF? I know, ordinarily you would think, as is the case with most athletes, it's because HE BLEW the money. But I honestly believe in the case of Tyson, it was KING that BLEW the money. The article goes on the detail all the family members of King that were being supported by Tyson's money and Iron Mike HAD NO IDEA !!! Don King Promotions actually had a vernacular for it: when in doubt, CMTB (charge Mike tyson back)

The articles details outright thievery to the tune of MILLIONS by Don King Promotions. Don't forget, King actually pistol-whipped a lifelong friend to death in the 60's over a $600 bet !! And he has met, in person, 3 sitting Presidents !! ONLY IN AMERICA !!!

2. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I was told when I was in Italy there is a shop there that has two brand new 550 Barchettas owned by Tyson that have been sitting for a couple of years. They are sick of storing them but can't get Tyson to have them picked up.

3. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    OK, so Mr. Tyson can't be bothered to pick up his two 550s from Italy. In that case, I will have them.

Just give me the keys.