Mike Tyson | FerrariChat

Mike Tyson

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Mickey, Jul 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I don't approve of his behaviour outside the ring.

But I am a boxing fan, and I like him as a boxer.

He is a living legend, one of the most exciting, explosive, hard-punching boxers ever live. No doubt about that at all.

It really breaks my heart to see a legend fall like that.

If he was to lose, he should have lost to someone of better qualify.

But not this Williams, no way !!!

I am hugely disappointed.

2. kfm

kfm Karting

Jul 19, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Unfortunantly, Tyson hasnt been in the legend catagory for at least 10 years now. He's a washed up, out of shape 38 year old who is at best a middle of the road boxer at this point. But you're right about it being sad, nothing in life is worse than seeing totally wasted potential.

3. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    It's about time this punk gets whooped!

4. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    I heard he was also going to fight in K1 against Bob Sapp, or was that just a rumour?

Anyway if he does fight in K1 (for big $$$) and he gets Ernesto Hoost or Remy Bonjanski against him, he will get his a$$ kicked BIG time !

5. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Who's you daddy now Mikey??? Williams whooped him good

6. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I agree with Mickey...I love the guy in the ring as long as he is throwing punches and not biting. Love him or hate him there is no denying he was the baddest and most feared fighter when he was in his prime. His old highlight clips will be watched for years to come. It's sad to see him lose but I do believe he has began to change his ways outside the ring and that has affected him as a fighter. He fights now more for the money to clear out his huge debt than to fight for the sport I'd say. Someday maybe someone will come along that hits as hard as he did but I am glad to have seen him perform when I had the chance.

7. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Ya, about $40M in debt. Think he can box away this amount of debt?

8. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Tyson..............

He is one dangerous guy. I think he would have been in the system by now had Cus D'Amato not brought him under his wing. He was a great fighter when he was young and listened. Now, as tragic as it is, he's just a street bully that is getting outskilled and he can not handle it in the ring or out. Nothing would have made me happier then to see him rise to the level he once was capable of, but he is his worst enemy. In fairness to him, he has gone through a lot in life and trusted poeple he shouldn't have. I just hope I never run into him. I think he is a ticking timebomb.

9. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, Cus D'Amato. One great man he was. Too bad he died so soon. He would have loved to see Tyson knocking out Trevor Berbick and went on to become the youngest heavyweight champion.

Too bad, there are people like Don King, Robin Givens around. And Bill Jacobs should have been around for a bit longer.

He trusted too many people he really shouldn't have trusted. If there was anyone around to give him some sort of proper lessons, he would have retired a rich man like Surga Ray or Holyfield.

Actually, I wouldn't mind running into him. Running into Tyson is surely much better than running into Michael Jackson. After all, Tyson is a REAL MAN who has never pretended otherwise. For that, I will give him due respect ! and I'd love to meet him in person.

10. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Yep, but I'm pretty sure I could take MJ if I needed to...lol. Tyson on the other hand has a rep of street fighting (MD & NY) and I'd bet on Tyson if it was me..........

11. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I will beat him .......... in 20 years time.

12. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    yall' think he should fight again?

13. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Sure, if he can make the money and protect himself. Why not? How else is he going to make money?

14. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

I heard he's got $1250 cash in his pocket and owes somewhere like 44 million, let's assume he gets 30 mil for the last fight. He is still in 14 million in debt..

Time for another fight and he'd better do good this time before it's all over.

Or is it over already for Tyson?

15. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    fight or not fight, it's up to him.

what I am saying is - it's sad to see someone you respected so much (as a boxer) to beg for money (after twenty years of boxing) and then get knocked out in 4 rounds.

He should have a better ending.

16. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    True, personality aside. To me Tyson is a true fighter caught in frustration.

17. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ahem ....... I only got $120 cash in my pocket !!!

No, it's not over for Tyson, he is only 38.

Remember, win or lose, people will be queuing up to see him in action.

18. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto

Boxing is a young mans game

he sure can't be a spokes person for any product like ol' George.

the big russian brothers would cream him now as would Lennox or any of the under 30 hungry guys.

Yes he was the best in a generation best in his time but not the best ever. I still have a big soft spot for Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard for best ever titles.

Granted Sugar was a Welterweight but still damn that man could BOX

19. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    HIS BIGGEST MISTAKE (MY OPINION) WAS GETTING CAUGHT UP IN THE DON KING PLAYHOUSE..........IF HE LOVED AND RESPECTED HIS EX WIFE (ROBIN GIVENS AND SAID NO TO DON KING)..HE WOULD BE A BETTER CHAMPION RETIRED WITH MUCHO $$$$$$$$ IN THE BANK

MY OWN OPINION.............

20. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Robin Givens was sucking blood from Tyson, just like Don King.

She deserved no respect whatsoever !

21. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    YEA NO RESPECT...JUST KEEP HER AROUND SO MIKE CAN USE HER AS A PUNCHING BAG...I GUESS YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR WOMEN, WHATEVER HER FINANCIAL TACTICS WERE..I DONT KNOW, BUT TO BE HIT.......C,MON

22. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    It is sad that Mike has ended up this way. But anyone that bet Mike would win should have known better. :D

Mike Tyson is a classic story of money, fame and status getting to one's head. He would have achieved much more had he remained focused.

23. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I was visiting NYC when he was in his "prime". What is that real hard-core radio sports talk show ? WFAN ?

Anyway I was painting an apartment for my dad. It had to be around 2AM. (Years ago) I heard them talking about Tyson. They had no idea who could possibly challenge him in the immediate future. They concluded that it would have to be someone, who was currently in their diapers.

24. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    News I saw said he owes $38mil, earned $8mil for the fight, of which he must pay $6mil to creditors. The article also said his asking price is likely to plummet from here. He and his lawyers had been hoping of course that this would be a big comeback and he could fight his way out of debt in not too long a time.

I've forgotten how old George Foreman was when he came back in but it had to be 50 or so. Tyson is only 38.

25. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    The question I have is:

How do you earn approx. 300 milllion dollars and blow it ALL? What he hell did he spend his money on? Certainly Don King screwed him over, but my god.....300 million dollars? Where is the real estate, the yachts, the Ferrari's and Lamborghinis? How can you have no assets after earning 300 frickin million dollars? I am dumbfounded.

He owes 38 million dollars in taxes. I see no way he pays this off. He got 8 million for this last debacle. There is no way he earns this much next time. How long does he kid himself and the world that he has anything left as a fighter, and does he go to jail if he fails to pay off the debt in a prescribed timeframe?

I do feel for the guy. I think people took advantage of him after Cus died. he got bad advice, and worse friends. But 300 million dollars? Mindboggling.