Mille Miglia 2004 pictures! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mille Miglia 2004 pictures!

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Harry-SZ, May 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well Harry-SZ you're a lot closer, to start with!!

I meant once in MY lifetime. LOL!

Do you watch, or have you driven the event?

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes I would have had a heart attack too if my 1935 8C Alfa Romeo was involved in an accident. This man had owned this beloved car since 1955 ... and it was his life (as it would be mine, family excepted). Apparently it was his dream to take this car to the retro MM ...

Pete

3. Harry-SZ

Harry-SZ F1 Rookie

Dr etceterini : http://www.gummen.org/images/album/MM2004097.JPG
    (with "_s" is the small picture)

@Speedy : you are right. :)
    And I would really like to drive there but I don't have an eligible car (yet) and even then you need some luck to be chosen to enter the event. It's not easy. Every year 1000 people want to enter the race, but only 380 are chosen.
    You need to have a special eligible car or a car that has actually participated in one of the old races (<1957). So not everyone with a BMW Isetta can participate. :)

But seeing the cars and enjoying the whole atmosphere is great too!!!

4. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    The easiest way to get in is with an "etceterini" (Siata, Stanguellini, Ermini, or the like). The problem is that these cars have gone from virtually worthless to $75,000 or more in the last 15-20 years for a Fiat Topolino based car of 750cc.

The Fiat Topolinos were only a side valve and later an OHV motor of 569cc with 13 horsepower and 2 main bearings, but companies made 3 main bearing bottom ends, DOHC heads and all kinds of trick parts. Bored and stoked to the class limit of 750cc, and with a twin cam head an two 2bbl Webber side drafts (usually 38mm), they got up to 80 horsepower! Many of these cars have tube frame; some built by Gilco, the same company that made the Ferrari frames up to 1958!.....All in a car that weighs only 800-1000 pounds "dry"! They aren't exactly slow.

5. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L