Mille Miglia 2009 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Mille Miglia 2009

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Julio Batista, Nov 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alebart3

alebart3 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    I hope to be able to see you, even if you will pass enougth quik!My be I found somehing to catch your attention..something like:"Go Oscar go!"
    However it will be a pleasure to discuss about Mille Miglia, if you have time to e-mail, this is my : [email protected]
    Ciao

2. pueche

pueche Karting

Oct 5, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jaime Pueche
    Hello gentlemen.

My name is Jaime Pueche, and I am a good friend of Julio Batista. He, as always, with brilliant ideas. It´s really interesting to have the possibility of sharing experiences about this fabulous race in this chat.

I´ve done it 4 times now, and this are my comentaries:

- I did it in 2004 and 2005 with a 1928 Alfa Romeo 1500 S, in 2007 with Ferrari 250 Europa and 2008 with my Alfa 1750 GS. I was lucky enough to find and be able to buy 2 years ago this amazing car. It is the car that was in 1931 5th overall on the Mille Miglia, so I think I can be accepted again !!!!!

- Totally agree with the fact that the lower number the better. With the Alfa´s I was number 25, 50 and 49, and with the Ferrari 275!!! It is a huge different, basically because with the first 200 hundred cars there´s much more espectators, food when you arrive to the eating points, you arrive early to Ferrara and Rome (and believe me, you dream about going to take a shower and sleeping a little bit), but more than anything crossing at low speed the city centre is more fluid. The year of the Ferrari I had some overheating problems entering Siena. There was a huge line to pass trough the Piazza Grande, so I had to turn round and leave the traffic jam and it was a pity because it is a lovely experience!!

- I also agree with some comentaries about doing it on a pre war car. This are the cars I like, and for me it has nothing to do driving a Bugatti 35, Alfa 1750 or Bentley Le mans than a 1950´s Ferrari no matter how good it is! (please, don´t shout too loud...).

- Regarding the weather, I personally have been lucky. Only on 2004 it rained the first night and half the second day, and 2008 the last 100 km. By the way, I didn´t see a single car with the hood up. Pure Mille Miglia spirit!!!!!!! The rest of the years it was sunny and probably too hot.

- And the last thing. The italian people. It is impossible to describe. Pure passion, thousands of people everywhere shouting, specially if you drive italian cars, of every age and condition, all mad about the race. When driving an old Alfa or Ferrari you see a 90 years old woman with a Ferrari flag, at the same door and with the same flag she was 55 years ago when she was young...it´s undescriptible!

I just hope my friends the Batista´s and I are accepted this year and we can share three amazing days in Italy playing with the toys. Good luck!!!!

3. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Manific pictures Jim!

4. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #54 geno berns, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
    Please excuse my ignorance, what criteria, specifically the year of the cars accepted in the MM and Targa Floria? I always see cars from the 50's and older in these events.

After reading Bill Noon's post on the MM, 20 minutes later I was surprised to watch an hour special on the MM on a cable channel. What a coinsurance! Has any one seen this great program on this historic event? I had a very hard time falling a sleep after Bill's write up and the TV program. It's a quest I want to fulfill one day.

Thanks,
    Gene.

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Both events are a bit political and there are rules but they are applied differently for different people. The good news is that I am the only non Sicilian member of the club that sanctions the Historic Targa Florio I can help a lot with entry. In 09 so far we'll have at least 6 FCHAT participants.

Best

6. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #56 geno berns, Dec 25, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
    Jim I would love to participate and thank you for your offer to help. What is the criteria for entry in terms of type of car allowed to run in the Historic Targa Florio? What are some of the cars entered by the 6 FCHAT participants?

Marry Christmas!

Regards,

Gene.

7. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    if anybody needs a cohort for the mm, i am available. i may not be schumi, but i know how to drive. i speak italian well enough to get around, and i have lived and travelled throughout italy. i will pay my own way, wash cars, carry gas cans, get coffee, shine shoes ;)....whatever it takes.

8. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I'm away until Jan. 5th. PM me and we'll talk then.

Best!

9. fastjon

fastjon Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    After watching the documentary, I have decided to come see everybody in Brescia. Can someone please pm me a place to stay for the 13-14 with a good view? Thanks ;)

10. Harry-SZ

Harry-SZ F1 Rookie

Don't wait too long with choosing a hotel, because a lot are already booked for those dates.

11. fastjon

fastjon Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Thanks, I figured it out already through family that lives in Milan.

12. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    In a few days we will know if we have been accepted... Is anybody as nervous as I am?

13. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    yep, counting the days, since the 20th of december......
    saturday night at 24.00 we will know. Not much communication whats going on between the deadline and now from the organisation.

ciao
    Oscar
    ps julio I send you a PM some time ago.......

14. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Well, I'm rooting for ya! Fingers crossed.

Onno

15. alebart3

alebart3 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    dear Sirs,
    I hope you will be able to came in Italy.
    I will cheer all of you from the side of a street of Florence!
    Alessandro

16. 8-Ball

8-Ball Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2006
    Sussex
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Good luck with the entries guys. :)

I'll also be in Florence trying to cheer you on, do you know what route it takes through the vicinity yet?

Cheers
    Adam

17. biz5300

biz5300 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    n h
    ill be there but in a press car following you guys around... My Fiat 1100SMM isnt ready yet.... again....

We should meet somewhere for a beer and to put faces to names....

Nik ( biz5300)

18. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Oscar, I thought I had answered. Maybe I missed it, sorry. I am currently on one of my monthly round the world trips, so I do get a bit distracted. Can you please resend?

I hope we can all post on monday and celebrate! I really look forward to seeing your 212 in Brescia...

Cheers,

Julio

19. alebart3

alebart3 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    May be a nice idea find some of the Ferrarichatters in Florence, make a happy group with big stendard, insigna and cheer the MilleMiglia drivers?
    Let me know if you like it!
    Alessandro

20. 8-Ball

8-Ball Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2006
    Sussex
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Maybe some Vino Rosso to cheer them on with as well :)

21. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MM 2009 here we come!

22. Serenissma

Serenissma Formula 3

Apr 12, 2008
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Magnus Andersson
    Congratulations

Magnus

23. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    212 Export Vignale coupe 0128 is participant in the MM 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champagne is gone already, but we are a go!

Brescia and Rome here we come

Ciao
    Oscar (and Marianne!!)

24. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    It will be accompanied by 212 Inter Vignale coupe 0217EL

Julio (and Pablo)

25. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002