Mille Miglia 2010 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Mille Miglia 2010

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 275gtb6c, Oct 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Harry-SZ

Harry-SZ F1 Rookie

Congratulations guys!!!

I will try to take some pictures in Brescia.

2. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
  3. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Phone call from Ferrari Classiche this morning. Piero Ferrari held a selection meeting regarding the MM Tribute yesterday and it seems my 330 would be deemed worthy, if I can send over some pics of the chassis number, engine number, and gearbox number. Should be no problem with my car. The quote was "we want to select your car, but we need to make sure that the car is original".

Can't pop the champagne yet but things are looking good. You know, I'd half given up on this. But I'm getting all anxious all over again! Final decision to be made in 5 days or so.

Onno

4. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Fantastic Onno, you seem to be getting there!

Gr. Martin

5. pueche

pueche Karting

Oct 5, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jaime Pueche
    Dear Onno

I´m glad you are going to be accepted on the tribute, and I understand the excitement, but I can´t stop myself from saying here that this is a full mistake.
    Why Ferrari tribute and not Jaguar tribute? Or next year the two of them plus Volkswagen tribute? Then we will be able to see 1000 cars beginning 4 hours before the Mille, or all night long around Rome...

It´s ridiculous. This year is going to be my 6th Mille, so I know what it´s about. I just don´t even want to imagine if a modern Ferrari over excited has an accident and stop the already overcrowded roads for an hour. It could be a total mess.

If they are doing it as a pure business reason, could be understandable and respectable. This new team has risked a lot of money, and at the end they have a business, but all the rest are excuses. To be accepted on the Mille Miglia, and to do it, is something difficult and with a bit of mistery, so don´t make it easy...

Jaime

6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Which basically translates into "We have to CERTIFY your 330 GTC". Have fun and don't forget to bring lots of cash........

Marcel Massini

7. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #82 Marcel Massini, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    Peter

0314 M is not a 250 MM but a 166 MM/53 Spider Vignale.
    See also my article in Cavallino magazine issue #56 of April 1990 when I first found this car. After it was stolen 28 May 2000 during the Mille Miglia in Brescia I was personally involved in the recovery of the remnants, found in Italy near Piacenza on 8th March 2007. The insurance company had hired me and I later sold the remnants (totally nude body, unpainted, zero mechanicals, no engine, no gearbox, no seats, no instruments, no suspension, no rear axle, absolutely nothing, not even the doors or hood and trunk lid found), just the totally naked body and the chassis frame to England. That was in March 2009. DK Engineering has since rebuilt the car.

Marcel Massini

8. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I've made my point about this abundantly clear in the past. I didn't vote for the MMT to be on the same day, but I do not think I need to throw myself on a sword for participating either. It's Ferrari, it's Italy, it's their country, it's their event, they can do what they like. You got selected for the MM 6 times, there are plenty of people with an eligible vehicle that never got selected. Sometimes you are the windshield, sometimes you are the bug. When you see my 330GTC, come and say hi. It really is not an eyesore. It even has carbs...

Quote from Classiche: "this year certification is not mandatory". What that holds for the future, I don't know but can guess.

Onno

9. pueche

pueche Karting

Oct 5, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jaime Pueche
    Onno

Dont missunderstand my words. There are already thousands of classics sorrounding the race through the route!!! I love a 330 GTC, it´s a great car, wouldn´t mind owning one, I´m just saying that if they continue like this it will end in something totally different on what the MM is supposed to be! I will of course come to say hi and we´ll have a beer together!!

10. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Onno, you have all my simpathy and best wishes, and it will be a pleasure for me to say hello to you in your 330GTC in a few weeks. I might also add that if I was not fortunate to own a MM car, I would try to get in with my 330 GTC (#11385) in a flash, just like you did. I do hope they accept you, and I have no doubt you will have a truly great time.

That being said, and admitting that if I were in your shoes I would do exactly the same thing, I have to agree with Pueche.

Cheers,

Julio

11. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I agree that the introduction of the Tribute could materially change the MM. Let's see what comes out of it after this year.

Onno

12. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Hello Onno,

Great news! I think you are in if they ask these questions. You are lucky with your beautiful 330 GTC, as with a 308 it will be quite difficult to enter, about the same as a 356 Porsche for the MM.

Of course (see my first posts) I am with Pueche and Julio about the tribute but as they say, I would do the same as you.

For now my car is still in pieces.....I am working hard but blue collar labour must have been very cheap in these days as the engineers came up with impossible solutions. I think a gynecologist is better capable in getting the brakes assembled than I am.
    ciao
    Oscar

13. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005

Oscar, that is a very interesting statement. I look forward to seeing you soon in Brescia, and to hearing your perspective on the relationship between brakes and genitals.:)

14. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Ever since they started charging you with manslaughter if you went off and killed 12 Spectators it's just not been the same.

15. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    #90 bernardo66, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    F1 is not dead!! It's just in a coma. ;)

16. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Pues el mio no te lo vendo...:)

17. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    :D

Onno

18. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Four weeks left!!!!!!!

How are preparations going? Onno are you ready? Oscar is the 212 back together again? Will I make it to the finish this year?

As for 0217el, the clutch has been rebuilt with great improvement, and a new mechanic in Switzerland seems to have finally nailed the tuning. Things look good, for the moment of course...

This is the only time of the year that I welcome insomnia... My nights are crowded with roaring crowds, twisty mountain passes, and smooth gearchanges!

Manca poco per la corsa piu belle del mondo...

19. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Hello Julio,

We are working hard to get things ready. I got some minor set backs, but that seems te be normal with old bangers. Major set back is Marianne with a sore back....

How is your small shaft? and temp? I changed the other shaft as a precaution and did some other improvements (a.o. new tyres, the old ones were from 1984.......) but I will post these soon. Why is the entrees list so late?

ciao
    Oscar

20. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I think so - not sure what I need. The car is up for it, see a little video shot last Monday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ0qeKA7BI8

She's been driven quite a bit the last couple of days and running very sweetly indeed.

The Tribute organisation has given zero information since February, it's all a bit of a mystery. They tell me I might need a chronometer - what sort of time keeping is used on the real MM?

Is there anything else I need to think about?

Onno

21. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
  22. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #97 Napolis, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes make sure that you're prepared to fend off the hordes of young women who will climb over each other to get into your passenger seat...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    :D:D:D

Gr. Martin

24. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    *after reading that article*

Maybe add an UnGo box or a hidden kill switch!!???

(To the car....)

25. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Hi Oscar,

I hope Marianne gets better in time.

I share your surprise and dissapointment regarding the absence of an entry list.

Small shaft is new, temperature is now fully controlled (new core), and electrical problems have been adressed by the addition of a perfectly modern and large alternator. When originality (dynamo) leaves you repetedly without lights or even sparks at 1 am on the way to Ferrara, I say originality be damned! The clutch rebuild has also considerably improved driving. We shall see...