Mille Miglia 2010 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Mille Miglia 2010

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 275gtb6c, Oct 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. elads

elads Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    israel
    Full Name:
    elad
    HI
    Thanks for all the useful color and info.
    Im doing the check in/scrutinizing at 5 pm wed. do we get a hotel assigned for wed night?

My number is 288

elad

2. pueche

pueche Karting

Oct 5, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jaime Pueche
    Uppssssss!

You might have a problem here!!!!!

The only hotels included in the price are thursday, friday and saturday. On the web page you have the chance to ask, at your own cost, for them to book a room for you for wednesday. I asked for mine months ago, I doubt they have rooms available for wednesday in Brescia any more!

I suggest you call them inmediately, otherwise you will have to sort out yourself somewhere around.

Good luck

Jaime

3. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I have a question about the starting times and car numbers. Are they still related? For example, if the first car starts at 12 o'clock, when will car number 373 start? Thanks.

4. pueche

pueche Karting

Oct 5, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jaime Pueche
    The first car , number 1, starts at 7.30 pm. From there a car starts every 20 seconds, 3 cars per minute. That´s how it works.

5. ColdWater

ColdWater Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2006
    bicoastal USA
  6. amadei

amadei Rookie

Aug 2, 2007
    Modena Italy
    Full Name:
    Luca Amadei
    Anyone knows what's broken in n°319 Ferrari 750 Monza Griesenbach/Lichter ?

7. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Weather looks a bit tough.

8. richardowen

richardowen Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Easier in a Le Mans Berlinetta, or maybe a 212/225 Vignale Coupé.

9. cuoghi

cuoghi Rookie

May 29, 2006
    Pueche,los tifosi españoles esperamos la cronica de las andanzas de los "nuestros"

Saludos...Cuoghi

10. dgrperformance

dgrperformance Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2005
    Oceanside, CA
    Weather was perfect, a little rain at times but just enough clouds to make the scenery even more beautiful. Now if only they keep the aiports open so I can get home.

Zac

11. Alan Guerzoni

Alan Guerzoni Karting

Dec 27, 2006
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Alan Guerzoni
    I was in front of Ferrari factory entrance saturday to take some pictures.

The most memorable scenes were when each one driving a classic car or amoder supercar of every marque tempted to enter factory.

I saw every type of car: Lamborghini Gallardo, Porsche 911, Audi R8, old Fiat 500, Mercedes 300sl, but also some Ferraris (mostly 360-430) out from Ferrari tribute. Everyone was invited to exit by the security :D

Only a car was able to pass: an old mg spyder, because of a distraction of the security. But I must say that it was very difficult to filter all the cars when they arrived in groups of ten-twelve each time!

Alan

12. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    It was glorious, awesome, and I enjoyed the 2010 MM more than any rally I have ever run.

And we finished! With no brakes on the right side, with clouds of blue smoke coming out of the left bank, and with a headlight broken in the Bologna traffic by hitting a DB2. But we finished, after two hellish and unsuccessfull attempts in 2008 and 2009.

I trust Onno, Oscar, and Sociebon did well and enjoyed it as much as I did.

My fears and reservations regarding the Ferrari tribute were totally unfounded; I think that the "modern" Ferraris actually provided a great introduction for us oldies...

I will post pictures and stories, and I hope the others also post. But first I need sleep! We slept 2 hours the first night in Bologna, 3 hours the second night in Rome, and another 3 hours the final night in Brescia because we had to DRIVE back to Madrid in a rental car when we found out that all flights from northern Italy were cancelled because of the ****ing volcano. So after another 16 hours driving I am back in Madrid, and beginning to wonder if I am not getting a bit too old for this....

Cheers!

Julio

13. pueche

pueche Karting

Oct 5, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jaime Pueche
    Good morning everyone!

Back to real life, just to let you know that we had a great Mille Miglia. The weather was great. When we arrived on wednesday afternoon to Brescia, it was raining as I had never seen before, and that with the weather forecast made everybody feel like as if we were going more to swim than to drive. Tremendous!

But then thursday started as a great sunny day, and again we had a great day in Brescia, with all the cars parked and thousands of people around. Great atmosphere.

And the race started, and still no rain till Bologna.

Friday saw a good day also, with sun and clouds, so not too hot, which helps this long drivings. I prefer cloudy than sunny! Only when up to the Terminillo the weather changed, with rain, foggy than you couldn´t see further than a few meters, and very cold. Needless to say that the hood on my 1750 GS Alfa stayed down, pure Mille Miglia spirit! When down the mountain everything got better, and we entered Rome with no trouble at all.

After a nice but short sleep, heavy rain on saturday morning leaving Rome. After an hour it stopped and no more for the rest of the day.

As always, great cars and great italian public. Just amazing to see so many people everywhere, they have the cars in their veins!

And yesterday, to finish, the second Mille Miglia. Brescia to Madrid, due to airports closed and cancelled flight, on a rented Renault with five of us, in 13 1/2hours!!! That was a long long drive!!!!

Just to finish, my warm congratulations to my friend Julio and Pablo Batista, that after two failed attempts they could finally completed the Mille Miglia on their lovely Ferrari 212. They really needed to, otherwise they would have suicided!! Well done boys, next year more!

14. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Hi Bert,

Wouter and I met the team at a gas station when they were lost. We guided them back to the Imola stage. We should have some action pictures. Wouter was taking pictures out of my car's window on the highway, which caused our toll ticket to fly out! Fortunately the toll booth attendant was very cooperative and we were allowed to pass (only paying 2 euro). :)

15. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    I can't wait to see the pictures. After some sleep for you poor guys. It sounds as if everyone had a fun, safe time. Well done!

George

16. Alan Guerzoni

Alan Guerzoni Karting

Dec 27, 2006
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Alan Guerzoni
    #141 Alan Guerzoni, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
  17. Sports Car Digest

May 1, 2010
  18. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    #143 Yquem, May 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    La 1000 Miglia?
    La corsa più bella del mondo?

Believe me, it's true. It really is.
    Words can't describe.... and, no one ever is too old for it. Think about the cars...
    Fantastic, thanks to everyone; drivers, spectators, organisers for making this possible.

Cordiali saluti
    JR
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    #144 Yquem, May 10, 2010
  20. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
  21. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
  22. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    #147 Yquem, May 10, 2010
  23. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Dear All,

We are just back and it was fantastic....Julio, we had way too little time to talk (as with Jaime, Pablo, the Dutch gang and so on). The weather was fantastic, pretty much dry and not too hot (for the car), we had some minor problems as no starter and some alternator issues, but the engine revved as never before (also thanx to 105 oct I had the first 70 liters from Goodwood fuel).
    As the rest our flight was canceled but luckily we had a comfy LR Disco to drive back, although the steering wheel felt a little awkward after 1500 km in the 212 export (no it was not 1600! this year).
    Will post some pics soon, but unbelievable experience.

Thanx to everybody, especially the 1 million people (and no thank you to the Porsche Carrera club that think it is special to break out a 1951 car with their 2007 Porsche with 16 caliper double ceramic disk brakes....)

ciao
    Oscar

24. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    So Glad You Had A Great Time!!!