Mille Miglia 2010 | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Mille Miglia 2010

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 275gtb6c, Oct 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    You're welcome! Thank you for using these cars like they should be. And , of course for your great stories!

Ciao,

Maarten

2. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    I love those pix of drivers searching for the apex with those rumble strips. I'll bet a few nuts and bolts got loosened up a bit on those old crocks!

3. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    what s/n on the TDF - pic 1?

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Experts - pardon me going Off-Topic for a moment - If you respond to or keep abreast of this side-subject via the link to epic thread - Any Singapore Ferrari owners, that will be appreciated by all.

Apparently, the flag of Singapore has yet to fly in Mille Miglia. Sure, there are alternatives, but . . . it is Mille Miglia, and you can help make it happen.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=139590794#post139590794

5. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    #206 Julio Batista, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
    The Mille Miglia passes through Maranello and the Ferrari factory installations.

Slliding on the cobblestones of St.Peter's square in Rome might provide some of us with the height of spiritual wonder, but passing through the Ferrari factory gates and driving in front of Enzo's house throws you directly into spiritual communion with our undisputed automotive deity, Enzo Ferrari.

My brother and myself felt the presence of our late father as much as Enzo's. Here our dad had come, two or three times a year during the late 50's, to visit the great old man and pick up a new car. In fact, we were right then driving his first Ferrari, 0217el.

Hearts beating, palms sweating, and throats constricted, we followed the Mille Miglia signs as in a dream. And the dream took us to the Fiorano circuit, where a gentleman handed us a timing card and told us we were to race the full circuit in 2 minutes and 40 seconds, at the exact average speed of 56 km/h (IIRC).

Fine. Out comes the chronometer, we rapidly calculate the speedometer correction factors, and off we go, doing our best to maintain the correct speed.

Until we pass the first curve. Then we both look at each other, not a word is exchanged but everything is understood. The chronometer, the average speed, the race and the penalty points are all forgotten, having no place at all in our dream.

Foot down, 12 cylinders screaming, gears crunching, tyres screeching, 0217el went round the Fiorano circuit like a bat out of hell, giving us the biggest Ferrari orgasm of our lives, and leaving us exhausted, panting, and laughing like children.

We heard our Father and Enzo laughing with us.

6. Italian Lover

Italian Lover Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2006
    Full Name:
    Italian Lover
    Julio,...that is sublime poetry. Beautiful. And of course, a belated congratulations on your MM 2010. w/ smiles Jimmy

7. Ferrari_250tdf

Ferrari_250tdf Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    A fake based on 1069GT. One wonders how this car could have been accepted.

Matthias

8. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    It was accepted in the Mille Miglia "tribute" organized by Ferrari, not in the Mille Miglia itself, which is perfectly strict on the matter of fakes.

But one still wonders...

9. JesperD

JesperD Rookie

Mar 11, 2010
  10. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    #211 JazzyO, May 14, 2010
    Had a chat with the owner, and he is also interviewed in a video about the start of the Tribute on the Ferrari.com website, in which the car is claimed to be a 1958 original (well, to be fair, it is implied not said). I had no reason to doubt the story.

I had to prove that my car was legitimate before I was accepted, I would be surprised if the TdF was a fake. Anything is possible I suppose but as I said, absolutely no reason to doubt the story. The car had proper patina and looked right.

Onno

[EDIT: Here's the video: http://www.ferrari.com/English/Ferrari_TV/Pages/FerrariTVPlayer.aspx?serverId=15868&c=Video&cat=14] - 3:50 onwards]

11. bertdeboer340

bertdeboer340 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert de Boer
    Hello John and Maarten (and hopefullt more people)

Could you sent me some high-resolution pics of these photo's?

PS, John, it's 275S in stead of 250. Last year I was lucky to join some laps at the Nurburgring with this car.

PS Maarten, I have the Ferrari 1947-1953 here, so if you want to see it..

Bert de Boer

[email protected]

12. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    #213 JazzyO, May 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OK, I wasn't quite sure where to post (bits of) this, but these are some shots I took before the start of the Mille Miglia. These are cars that interested me, mostly old Ferraris but some are from the MM proper and some from the Tribute, and then there are some lovely other cars that I hope vintage Ferrari lovers will enjoy too.

Onno
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Thank you, Onno. Some staggeringly beautiful cars there.

14. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Hi Onno,

great pix, and quite some nice cars at the Tribute (driving a 250 LM through ancient city centres must be cool, but very uncool for the engine....)
    Sorry I did not see you and your beautiful 330 in Italie, but we got you the part you were missing.
    cusoon

ciao
    Oscar

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    +100

Pete

16. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #224 PSk, May 14, 2010
    Don't they all look good with dirt on them :). Like the family dog after a wash and his/her first roll in the dirt, sort of still clean but now oh so much happier that he/she is one with the elements ... you can almost see these cars tongue waving in the air from all the fun they have been having.

Pete

17. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    #225 JazzyO, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017