Mille Miglia 2011 | FerrariChat

Mille Miglia 2011

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 275gtb6c, Nov 8, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    #1 275gtb6c, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The tradition continues: we just subscribed for the 1000 Miglia 2011......
    We go for three in a row, but for now some changes:

- Marianne is changed (again) for Pieter, but she will most likely join me in the Tour Auto 2011
    - We will buy some Digidit (or so) that every top 10 entrant uses
    - Will skip the laptops and GPS......(see foto)
    - this year we will practise...goal is the top ten! (does somebody know the airtube timer company?, we want to make a test set up....)

Ciao
    Oscar

PS Julio are you and your brother in again??
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Good luck to you Oscar! See you in Brescia along with a few other Dutch people :D

Gr. Martin

3. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I hope to be part of it too, Oscar. I'm test driving a car next Sunday. More news soon, no doubt.

Onno

4. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Great to see you guys in Brescia or sooner! It seems that the Dutch are outnumbering the rest during the MM...

Great! Very curious what car and what year. Keep me/us posted and a pre-MM frimibo* will be organised.

ciao
    Oscar

*sorry, the Dutch will understand....but every entrant is more than welcome

5. Cris Bertschi

Cris Bertschi Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Full Name:
    Cristián Bertschi
    See you in Brescia!

Did you mean Digitech?
    Digitech Bora is the best option in my opinion.
    It has extremely good quality quartz that a notebook lacks.

Regards.
    Cris.-

6. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    couple of guys from Melbourne are running there Austin Healey 100S

7. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    The organisation just informed on their website that 1470 subscriptions were received, so the crisis is over.....

Quote:
    The Mille Miglia keeps growing! Over 1470 requests this year were made to enter the Mille Miglia 2011. "Registration has just closed, and it is with great pleasure that I confirm that the interest and the passion that the Mille Miglia has instilled among collectors throughout the world, during all these years, just continues to grow" commented Alessandro Casali, President of the Organizing Committee of the Mille Miglia, upon the close of registration for "the world's greatest road race". The Minister for Foreign Affairs, Franco Frattini, also expressed his pride in the strong growth in registrations: "It is very satisfying to learn that the requests for participation in the Mille Miglia - arriving from all over the world - have increased in such a visible way. This is also because the Mille Miglia has become such a great symbol of Italy". Sandro Binelli, the Secretary General of the Organizing Committee of the Mille Miglia added: "It fills us with enthusiasm to see that this year as well, the legendary Mille Miglia has attracted such a great number of registrations - almost 1500 requests, of which more than 400 are from foreign countries including Mexico, Australia, South Africa, Japan, and Argentina."

8. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    When The Revolution starts the DOW will be at it's all time high...

9. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Oscar, Onno, I hope to see you there!

Julio

10. FerrariMC

FerrariMC Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2006
    Allentown, PA Area
    Full Name:
    Mark C
    How are you all? I'm not an owner YET and I also live in the USA, but I wanted to offer my services as a "co-driver" to anyone that needs one. I've never been out of the country and the Mille Miglia is absolutely a MUST for any tifosi. I just finished reading all of your posts and it's just awesome that some of you have had the opportunity to run the MM multiple years in a row. BELLA!! I would DIE to join you, but either way, have a great time!

Mark

Philadelphia, PA, USA

11. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    #11 JazzyO, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Mark - naturally co-driver positions are filled by people that the drivers know. It is very hard to get in with your car (or a rented one) and you never know if you'll be able to do it again, and then you need to spend a couple of tense days in an old car; not to mention that you just want to give a friend or relative the amazing experience of this crazy event. It is also not a cheap weekend. So I rate your chances of finding a co-driver seat at less than zero. Sorry to put a damper on things. But....

Instead, I urge you to hop on a plane to spend a couple of weeks in Italy - even as a spectator it is a fantastically memorable event, and there are several other fantastic events around that time (such as Villa d'Este or the Monaco Historic GP) which you can go to, or just enjoy the fantastic culture, food, architecture and above all people of Italy.

Join us! You won't regret it, I promise you.

And next year, perhaps you can rent a car and enter yourself!

Onno

13. pueche

pueche Karting

Oct 5, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jaime Pueche
    Good luck Onno! Did you buy it or rent it?

I triad agrian with my 1931 Alfa Romeo 1750 GS. Fingers crossed till Feb 1st!

14. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Participants will be anounced on February 1st?

Gr. Martin

15. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Rent. Although it's a lovely car, it's not the car for me to buy (if it was for sale, which it isn't).

Onno

16. pueche

pueche Karting

Oct 5, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jaime Pueche
    Yes. February 1st the people who tried get a response on their file in the web. About 3 weeks before the rally all the cars are announced on the web, including pictures, so nervous till then!

17. pueche

pueche Karting

Oct 5, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jaime Pueche
    Considering the picture of the car taking part in the original Mille Miglia, I´m almost sure you are in. Good luck and hope to see you there! A nice car anyway.

Jaime

18. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    Hi, is there a link to this years event, dates ect? I would like to go watch and would like to know were the best places are located. Is there a web site?

19. pueche

pueche Karting

Oct 5, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jaime Pueche
    Sure! www.1000miglia.eu

20. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    Great, thanks for taking the time:)

21. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    #21 JazzyO, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
    The start or finish at Brescia is great, as well as scrutineering the day before the start where you can see all the cars up close. Rome is also fantastic, and of course Firenze and Siena. A slighly less obvious choice but very nice would be San Marino. If you want to see the cars in action, the Futa and Raticosa passes north of Firenze are very cool, or the Marche between San Marino and Sansepulcro.

The whole route is nice! :)

Onno

22. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    Thanks onno:)

23. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Thank you Onno. Fingers crossed. I do believe that with that car your chances of acceptance are 100%.

Julio

24. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I'm going with 90% but I'm conservative. :)

Onno

25. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    While I do own a Fcar, I am not able to bring it over from the USA.

However, I have made arrangements to be there for the Mille Miglia and are looking forward to seeing all the great cars. We will be ariving in Milan and staying for a couple of weeks to see Tuscany and hopefully a Factory Tour.

Does anyone know if there is a way to attend some of the Mille Miglia events as a spectator. Does Ferrari have any accommodations for owners?