Mille Miglia 2013 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Mille Miglia 2013

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by The Red Baron, Dec 15, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Would love to make it to this event this year.

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I think real Enzo era cars running The Tribute is great.

Fake 250 Tour de France's and FF's iMO aren't much of a Tribute to anything.

3. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    I'll go along with that.

4. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    a disaster in the making. the mm organizers and mac for tribute truly detest each other. i predict mass chaos

5. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    i am not sure what to think of the tribute.
    as a competitor i would not be pleased as the tribute gains additional traffic.
    as a spectator, what i will be this year, its one more interesting event for me.
    lots of pics to make and s/ns to collect there.

6. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #56 ME308, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013

from now on, MAC is completely out of the game in Brescia/Desenzano
    both MM and Tribute are organized by the Brescia Automobile Club
    (they can take in an additional $1.5M US and let the cars use more or less the very same infrastructure with not much additional cost - so who can blame them ;) )

in the first year everything worked out fine because the whole tribute thing was new and drivers drove accordingly, where cautious, responsible, followed the rules and avoided too close contact with the cars of the historical MM

problem of the last two years was, that tribute drivers did not stick to their schedule, especially on the third day...simply "forgot" the reguliarity character of the race, slept too long in Rome, had breakfast too late ...and then started out to - partly recklessly - chasing the MM ...chaos startet between Siena an Firenze and further up to Bologna and Modena when they overtook the MM cars

at least, it seems like the Brescia Club has learned something and will change the rules this year in a meaningful and more rigid way (incl. possible expulsion from the race on the spot)

http://www.ferraritribute.1000miglia.it/attach/Content/Interna/21/o/20130131_ferrarimoderncars.pdf

we`ll see ...

7. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Not a fake but a "Riccarozzata" Jim and an enjoyable event too.

8. Umbertino6

Umbertino6 Karting

Feb 18, 2011
    Belgique
    Full Name:
    Umberto
    Does anybody know when the Tribute list will be online?

9. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
  10. Umbertino6

Umbertino6 Karting

Feb 18, 2011
    Belgique
    Full Name:
    Umberto
    Thank you Warren

11. TZ 750

TZ 750 Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2009
    Where will the MM and the FT
    overnight on the first night ?

Scott

12. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    MM: Ferrara, FT: Ravenna.

Gr. Martin

13. michael platzer

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    i have seen interesting pics from the Mille 2012 with the cars on dirt roads in tuscan landscape. does anyone know, where these have been taken? i think there are not many dirt road stages. i would like to take pics there.

14. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Dirt roads? That is surprising. Wouldn't be very happy to drive my classic Ferrari on them. Not very happy being a very big understatement. There were no dirt roads in 2010. 2011, I wouldn't know because I never made it to Tuscany. :(

Are you sure they were taken during the rally? Perhaps some people just drove up and down a dirt road for some pics?

Onno

15. michael platzer

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    it was part of the rally. i think that not the full stage was run on dirt roads. it was probably just a small part. but the pics looked spectacular. i try to find them on the web to post here. saw the pics only in a magazine.

16. michael platzer

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    #66 michael platzer, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    here is one:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Well, very cool pic. Hopefully someone else knows more.

Onno

18. michael platzer

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    #68 michael platzer, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Another pic of that stage: a friend of mine with 0150A. He does not remember where exactly this pic was taken. it shows a little more of the tuscan landscape than the first pic.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Yes, that was a nice part, the third day. We had to wait quite some time and it was also a TC.
    I dont know the exact place anymore but somewhere between Rome and Firenze..,IIRC

ciao
    Oscar

20. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    From memory it was just before lunch the last day, so has to be way before Florence that we reach around 3 pm normally.
    I did it twice, so means went there in 2011 and 2012, have pictures of both..of course for a 100 points car, little bit stressful,,,but as Jay Leno said on e, all those events are a nice way to bring back a car from 100 points to 90 ,,,while paying for it...

21. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Both Rene and Peter Singof would know, they were there and I have their pictures!
    But you better have a tele lens if you don't want to inhale...( dust of course )

22. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    :D:D:D

Gr. Martin

23. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    From the feedback I am getting on a regular basis the organizers want to get this years event as good as it can get.
    In many respect I well understand that as it is the beginning of "there" event for the next number of years.
    Being an optimist it should be a good one.

24. cobby

cobby Rookie

Apr 21, 2013
    I am hoping you won't mind a request from a fellow Georgian, and a Porsche owner who has at least driven a Ferrari. We are going to be in Italy for the Mille Miglia this year and hope to find where the lunch stop might be for May 17. I know this was in Sansepolcro last year, but I have been searching for this year's info for weeks to no avail. Any info or advice you might share would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Jim Cobb, Athens, Ga.

25. bellabarbas

bellabarbas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2008
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Corrado
    Of course, lunch in Sansepolcro on Friday. The route is identical to last year because the new organization came late and had a few problems.
    The official website is very poor and it is much worsened than in the past.
    http://www.1000miglia.eu/attach/Content/Interna/251/o/2013_19_04_programma.pdf
    Among other things, increased the members who were already too many, for this is how the original MM: every year more participants and more problems, a great popular festival with big confusion. It was better half of cars and less repeated cars.
    But business are business, sorry, entries are business.....