Milwaukee, Wi - Ferrari Repair Shops | FerrariChat

Milwaukee, Wi - Ferrari Repair Shops

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Cooly0, Aug 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cooly0

Cooly0 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Milford
    Full Name:
    Jozy
    Looking for a decently priced shop to take my '80 308 to. It needs
    1. I believe I need rings and seals as it was burning some oil.
    2. Also the Dashboards leather cracked.
    3. A sping that attached to the Clutch pedal broke and now the petal has no pressure.

Any idea what kind of prices I would be looking at for repair?

2. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Milwaukee area??

Take it to GT Motorsports to Alan Pinkowski. Take it anywhere else (and I mean ANYWHERE) in the Milwaukee area and you will deserve all the bad things that will happen to your car.

If you were interested in going to the Fox Valley area, you go to Wayne Obry at Motion Products.

If you are interested in Madison, you take it to Cory at Collector's Choice (my mechanic).

But for Milwaukee alone, you go to Alan. He is in Pewaukee and charges a very fair rate. Same as you would pay at a Ford dealership...... Expect to see another 3-4 Ferraris in there when you go.....

3. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    By the way, most Ferraris burn oil. Unless it is insanely smoking, I don't know that you need to replace them. But don't take my word for it. It won't be cheap, I can tell you that......

4. Cooly0

Cooly0 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Milford
    Full Name:
    Jozy
    You'd have to define what cheap is and what it isnt.

5. Cooly0

Cooly0 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Milford
    Full Name:
    Jozy
    Also, the only GT Motorsport I can find Is in Racine? Any more info?

6. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    GT Motorsports is in Pewaukee. Don't know the number off hand. If you post looking for the number, Alan might see your post. He is on here now and then......

He could better answer your questions. Don't know how much. Maybe $3000 for the rings?? Who knows?? That is just an absolute guess......

7. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Hmmm. At some point I will have to look into GTmotorsports. Never heard them mentioned.

I would think that replacing the rings would be ungodly expensive. Anyone ever done this? The machine work/honing/etc/etc/etc.

Its interesting that ferrari actually lists acceptable oil loss in the owners book. For the testarossa I believe its 1-2 liters per 600 miles. (It may be 1/2 a liter. The book shows "1" + "old symbol for division" + "2". :)

8. Cooly0

Cooly0 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Milford
    Full Name:
    Jozy
    Before I lost my job and got the new one, I remember it just using a bump of oil. As in like it would be down alot on the dip stick after I ran a Tank through it

9. staceman

staceman Karting

Sep 23, 2003
    At Home
    Full Name:
    SGT
    Al Pinkowsky at GT Motorsports can be reached at: 262.695.4238. I second the comments in the earlier posts. Al did the belt change on my '91 TR this last fall. I was and continue to be very pleased.

10. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks for posting that. I have his number and card at home but am in California for work.

I have heard Al is the "guru of Testarossas". That is the words I have heard used to describe him......

11. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Just came across this thread and wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth - I had a coolant leak repaired at GT Motorsports and was very pleased. As far as I can tell from my dealings with him, Al is a nice guy and loves Ferraris.

I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up my car - first, that my wallet wasn't vacuumed clean of its last penny, and second, Al had cleaned up my car very well after the coolant geyser mess. I was expecting to have to do that myself.

12. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    How ironic I see this thread.
    I drove past this place (not knowing what/ who this place is) Wed afternoon and saw a red 355 and a pearl slantnose 911 in thier parking lot while going to one of my jobs suppliers right down the road from them for the 1st time! I've never seen or heard of them before, but I intend on visiting
    520A Capitol Dr
    Pewaukee, WI 53072

13. Schwerty

Schwerty Rookie

Jul 18, 2005
    Mequon, Wi
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Al at GT motorsports is great with the cars and he is a very personable guy. He truely treats your car like his own.

14. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

That widebody 308 that he had (don't know if he still has it) is pretty cool too as long as we are talking about "his own car".....

15. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    He still has it, he brought it over to our shop when we had an open house earlier this year. Nice car. Al's a good guy, too.

16. GT MOTORSPORTS

Aug 30, 2007
    Pewaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Alan Pinkowsky
    Jeff -- I work on exotics, sportscars and other imports. Give me a call and we can talk about your 308. Or, stop out -- just west of Brookfield: I-94 West, Exit Hwy. 16, Exit Capitol, Left on Capitol for a block. I'm at the end of the white industrial building. Coincidentally, another 308 just showed up yesterday.

Thanks to all with the great feedback -- made my day! -- Alan Pinkowsky (262-695-4238)

17. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Alan, just sent you an email.

Bo

18. rstenson

rstenson Rookie

Jan 12, 2007
    Alan did the clutch on my 355. He did a great job,got it done right away, and is reasonably priced. Great guy to work with, a real enthusiast.
    Randy

19. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I'm sorry to say it, but if the repairs you think the car needs are correct, the cost will probably approach the value of the car.

If the engine needs rings and seals, you'd be looking at a total rebuild. Sure, you can pick up a rebuilt 308 2 valve for maybe 7k, then add on R&R of the engine and you might as well do the clutch too. And heaven only knows what else!