mine scud lacks power soo much when coolstart | FerrariChat

mine scud lacks power soo much when coolstart

Discussion in '360/430' started by joeyzhou, Oct 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joeyzhou

joeyzhou Rookie

Jul 30, 2016
    china
    Three things : 1the throttle is not sensitive during the cold start , rpm won't go right up when full throttle.
    2: The scud is lack of power soo much , first gear full throttle, the rev goes up soo slowly, by the time to change second gear , FT86 by my side has pulled full car length ahead of scud
    3: the car has its full power when the water temp reaches 80+

Is my scud normal? It can't be this powerless during the cold start right?

2. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I don't believe this is normal.

You may want to bring to a dealer or independent with a SD3 to reset the ecu parameters. If the ECU does not know the correct parameters (ie for a given ambient temperature, the timing, airflow, fuel etc should be a desired value) you will notice severe performance problems.

I doubt the fuel system is your issue since you have full power at a given temperature.

3. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    No power during the cold start procedure is normal, therefore my recommendation: Don't drive the Scud while the engine is in its cold start program!

We talk about a highly developed and demanding sports engine. Always wait until the engine reach a round and stable idle! If you do it anyway it may be that the engine does not come out of this program for a longer time and the car drives like with a broken engine (no power, not a normal throttle response etc.). Then the only reasonable solution is: stop the car, turn off the engine, wait a few seconds, start the engine from new and wait for at least 30/45 seconds until the car falls into a round and stable idle.

4. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The ECU is likely protecting the car from your abuse. Do not drive the car hard until the oil is up to temp.

ideloera likes this.
  5. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Why would you want to rev or command full throttle with a cold engine? Don’t do that...

6. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Stop beating the crap out of the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Make sure the battery is fully charged when you start the car. I had my scud in for annual service at the dealer and forgot to tell them that I'm using a lightweight battery that should be on a trickle charger. When I started the car when I picked it up, there was very little throttle response. Once I drove the car around the block and got some charge in the battery, it worked fine. Could just be a coincidence, but I suspect it was a matter of misfiring because of little or no spark in some of the cylinders.

joeyzhou likes this.
  8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Just wow.... :(

Afonsolaw likes this.
  9. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Based on your lack of knowledge of the Scud, please sell it and get yourself a Nissan GTR. You'll be MUCH happier and Ferrari will thank you for it.

Afonsolaw and mkzhang like this.
  10. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    :yikes:

Keep doing this and your engine will die a painful and very expensive death....
    It could be normal (as Mark says to prevent abuse) but I’m not sure many will have tested it!

Revs below 3-4K until the oil temp is on the gauge.