Minnesota Ferrari Club | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Minnesota Ferrari Club

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by rtpetrick, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    My first time seeing one locally. The car probably doesn't get out much. Almost positive it was a 575. Not too many late-model Ferrari's have a large hood-scoop, hehe. It was pretty easy to spot.

Thanks for the welcome.

2. 1 BAD BURB

1 BAD BURB Karting

Oct 14, 2004
    Minnetonka, MN
    Full Name:
    Aj ....
    vibrant, im also in bloomington, right on bush lake!!! i drive a black burban on 22's, seen it??? also i have a 01 gixxer...seen me???

we should hook up sometime! im like right down the street from S.A and mr. movies.

but yea, i've seen this Red 360 spyder. i was crusing along side of it on my bike one day on 100N... whoever the owner of this is, do u remember me???

i wanted to ask u some questions...

vibrant, pm me and let me know where u are!
    Aj

3. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN

Yeah, we're pretty close:). I'm just a bit ways down right off 101st and Quebec off Bush lake Rd. I'm where the star is on the bottom map. Seeing as how you're off 96ths and yukon, we're fairly close. So which one of the freaken mansions do you live in:p. Those houses right off the lake get pretty darn big, lol.

I don't know if i've seen you pimpin your blinged out burban :D, but i may have seen your bike. I used to drive a vibrant red Mustang GT, but now drive a sports gold mettalic camaro z28. I may have seen you, but my horrible memory is keeping me from recalling it. Maybe you've seen me??

4. Rosso308

Rosso308 Rookie

Oct 20, 2004
    Hello everyone..

I'm a new member as of Today. Anybody around the Minneapolis area?

5. 4RECCCXLVIII

4RECCCXLVIII Karting

Oct 10, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Im in Minneapolis right now, but my F-car stays in NC. Too cold up here for a targa top. Anyway, saw a red 355 the other week parked across from the giant Target downtown - right in front of it was a really nice classic Rolls, any of you guys?

6. 1 BAD BURB

1 BAD BURB Karting

Oct 14, 2004
    Minnetonka, MN
    Full Name:
    Aj ....
    hey Vibrant

nah, i think i saw u in the stang... but not the Z28. i sent a pic of my bike and truck to ur pm...

yea, i actually have a buddy right down the street from u. he has a red chevy PU and a red saturn. his mom's got a black chevy pickup and a buick i think... they live about 2 blocks down from u... my buddy also has a bike, its like a maroonish suzuki bandit... i've strolled down that road numerous times...u may have heard us...

anywho, ttyl
    Aj

7. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    I'm in Hugo. Not a F-car owner though hopefully a Lotus will be parked in the garage sometime soon.

8. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I hear a bike gun down Quebec more than half a dozen times. He managed to set my alarm off once:D. Probably your buddy.

Also heard bikes ripping through that straighaway down the hill a couple of nights as well. Sounded like somone was having a little late night fun. You guys? Either that or it was some 4banger Honda with a really loud exhaust.

Enzo, looking at an Elise? I used to drive by downtown Jag/Lotus all the time and seen them through the showroom windows. Sweet machines. Good luck on the purchase.

9. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

Actually an Esprit An 88 Turbo from another F-chatter

10. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nice. Good luck with the purchase.

I hear "turbo", and i think "mods":D. Any planned? The factory boost setting was a relatively mild 9 or so psi i believe. Some room to grow on.

11. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Yeah I'm not too sure. I have just started to really get in to the Esprits. I have always loved them and seem a better fit for me right now in price and maintenence then an F-car

12. 1 BAD BURB

1 BAD BURB Karting

Oct 14, 2004
    Minnetonka, MN
    Full Name:
    Aj ....
    hey Vibrant...
    uhm..no that wasn't us on the str8 away... ;-)
    but yeam ur prolly hearing my buddy ripping it down ur road...he's not the brightest bulb...i always wonder about him...

Enzo:
    Downtown Jag is a good place to look. i went there to look at a new Espirit for my dad, but we didn't end up gettin that. he didn't like the styling. ended up buying a Maserati Quattroporte.

but dude, u'll love the elise!!! i have only heard good things about it performance wise..not much for interior comfort...
    Aj

13. Challenge360

Challenge360 Rookie

Aug 25, 2004
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Erik

Don't mess with the boost on it, just drive it. The only mod one needs to make on a car like that is the intercooler, if it doesn't already have one. Easy to fit, noticeable gains. You will absolutely love that car if you get it, the best styling, the best driving Esprit ever made came in the late 80's.

14. mn_germman

mn_germman Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    I saw an Esprit on Main St in Stillwater tonight around 8PM. Was that you Enzo?

15. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Nope not me atleast not yet. We still have 1 final hurdle to clear before mine becomes a reality and is in my garage. Soon :):)

What color was it?

16. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I don't think the 88's had an intercooler.

Unless the engine isn't capable of handling a little extra boost, why not play with it? Or upgrade the turbo, heads, fuel system, etc... to some of the later-model factory stuff which'd give him some nice gains in the process. Guess i'm just a Hp junkie who's never content with driving a stock car, even if it is fast from the factory:). But that's just me.

Least toss on an intercooler and exhaust. That should give him some nice gains while boosting the overall efficiency.

17. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    More than likely for the first year I will just drive it as is and then maybe look into a chargecooler or something like that.

18. Challenge360

Challenge360 Rookie

Aug 25, 2004
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I guess I also know how much it costs to do a lot of that stuff, and unless you have the means to do it yourself, the price can get a little out of control. I'm a horsepower junkie as well, but a Lotus is so quick out of the box, and fairly reliable, why mess with that?

19. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    yeah, the price to mod/upgrade can get hairy in these higher-end cars. Guess i'm just spoiled by the cheaps cars i'm always playing with:).

It's definitly a car that'll keep one satisfied performance wise, stock or not.

20. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I just registered on here, been off and on the Flist about 5 years or so under same name. Live west of Twin Cities out near Buffalo. Bought a 77 308 GTB this summer and have the motor out and am rebuilding it as well as attempting to restore the body. Dont know what all I will have done by spring. Nice to see so many people around the minnesota area.

21. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Just wondered if anyone was out there anywhere in Viking land

22. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    I'm here. It is always quiet in the MN section most of the people that have been here in the past for some reason have decided to stop posting. When I first joined there was atleast 2 or 3 members that would post quite a bit but have dropped off for one reason or another.

23. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    So Enzo, did you buy the Lotus??

24. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    I wish. I went to look at it and test drive it (which now I'm sold on it) but the buyer on my Lemans backed out or I haven't heard from him so I'm guessing he is out. Now I will have to wait until spring to sell which might be a good thing (I should be able to get a little more money for it then).

25. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    So, how much $$$$ does an Esprit go for, like the one you were looking at?