Minnesota Ferrari Club | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Minnesota Ferrari Club

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by rtpetrick, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    88's go for around 14-18k depending on the condition

2. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hmmm, I didnt realise they were that inexpensive. Is that a turbo 4, or a V-8? They put V-8's in them didnt they?

3. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    It is a Turbo 4 they didn't start putting 8's in until 96 or 96 I think.

4. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'm sure it would be a fun car, but keep your eyes peeled for a 308, you might be surprised at how inexpensive some of them sell for.

5. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    I originally thought that but to get into a nice one you are still talking 8-12k over what you can get for a really nice Lotus

6. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I could have bought a 80 GTSi last summer for $16K. The car was clean, had brand new tan interior including the seats, man it looked awesome inside. The car was red, the paint looked good, and the car supposedly ran and drove well, although I never got to see it as I procrastinated and someone else grabbed it. The car was on Ebay for sale about 3 weeks later and sold for $27K.
    The reason I didnt just jump on it was that it had 100K miles on the car, and the fact that it was a GTS and injected. In hindsight I should have grabbed it. I don't know what your looking for, obviously if you want a straight clean low mileage turn key car they certainly cost more, and if you will farm out the work elsewhere its quite spendy. But, if you were willing to do your own work, there are projects out there and plenty of spare parts around to put one together. There is a 76 resin 308 rolling chassis listed for sale in the ads, some guy up in Toronto. I havnt asked him what he wanted for it but those are spendy 308's these days in restored condition, and a damned fast car to boot because they're light.

7. BAM

BAM Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    im new to this forum and i think its great to see that there are so many f-drivewrs in town. i myself do not own a f-car, but they have been my lifes motivation to work ever since i saw my first one. i seem to be lucky when it comes to sightings, this last summer i saw a few 355's, a f-40, and heard rumors of an enzo..but i think the were just rumors. i too have seen the 550 around town in the past. again, ferraris literally make me weak in the knees and am glad to hear of such a club in mn. I will be a local on here for sure.

8. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    I didn't know there was a F-40 in town.

9. Lsand007

Lsand007 Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Lee Sanders
    Pat and Others:

The only wild, uncaptured Ferrari is a Black/Dark Blue 550 Barchetta, which I cannot seem to track down. There is no F 40; one 550 Maranello, 1 575M, 3 Boxers (2 for sale), 2 Lussos, 3 Daytonas (no real Spiders), 2 SWB's, 2 275 GTS's (although 1 is/was for sale), a host of Testarossas, 3 275 GTB's, 1 365 GTC, 2 330 GT's, a flock of 328's/308's, a California Spider, 4 Dinos, 1 330 GTC, 3 Mondials, 2 355's, 1 348 and multiple 360's.

If you can add a Ferrari to the list, advise of the owner's name and the Telaio.

Lee

10. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Wow I would love to spot the 550 Barchetta! I do know that there is more than 1 348. I think John still has his and I have seen another in the Maplewood area

11. BAM

BAM Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    i know what i saw. red f-40, i stopped and gave it the one over. not a kit or replicar. real deal. it was at oakridge country club in minnetonka/hopkins. so maybe there is another wild, uncaptured pony...or "stallion" rather, in town. i nearly rolled my jeep on my u-turn back after i drove past it!

12. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Add a TdF, 275 4 cam, 365GTC/4, 512M (at least these were there a few years ago when I was flying back to do warranty work). Saddly the 330GTS, F-50 and a host of others have left town over the last few years. There is an F-40 that is trying to make its home in Mn, but has not made the move just yet.
    Dave

13. BAM

BAM Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    it breaks my heart to know there was a f-50 in town that I never saw or knew about. it might of caused a need for new pants.

14. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    A Daytona and a Dino reside currently at Sears

15. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

If it is a red Daytona then it has been there for years. There was a red one when I was there last year.

16. milstanselnino

milstanselnino Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jon P.
    I just checked the Sears web site; no Ferraris listed???

Is this the Sears on 394?

17. Just-Us Racing

Aug 19, 2004
    Big Lake, MN
    Full Name:
    Adam Bauer
    I was in Sears a couple of weeks ago as they had a F355 Spyder in there I was going to look at and I did see the Daytona and the Dino, they are both still there.

18. Just-Us Racing

Aug 19, 2004
    Big Lake, MN
    Full Name:
    Adam Bauer
    Yep, the store next to Morries Mazderati dealership.......;-)

19. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Wait till you see that Spider! If it can be thought up, that car has it. Flip down rear lisc plate with flashing strobe lights behind it, strobe lights in the front, tack and nail dispenser in the rear, smoke screen generator...... This is one of the cars we fixed here and recently return shipped to Sears.
    I real eye catcher.
    Merry Christmas to all of you folks in the Norweigen Rivera
    Dave Helms

20. jjstecher

jjstecher Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2002
    Rochester Minnesota
    Full Name:
    John Stecher
    The 355 was in GTCars when I was there a few years back. I rode in it with Amit (old owner or at least claimed he was) and it was a very interesting ride to say the least. I think it had every self defense mechanism known to man....some of which I remember Jeff at GTcars didnt know what buttons did so we didnt touch them. :)

Dave did you work at GTCars? I am pretty sure that Jeff has talked about you a few times.

John

21. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Amit did own the car. I had to rebuild the entire F1 system for the car. Jeff is a smart guy, I am with him on not pushing all the buttons! Who the hell knows what might stick up through the seats? When I found the switch for the lighted seat beading I quit pushing them.
    Yes, I did do a stint at GT Cars some years back and worked along side Jeff. Very sharp guy that can be trusted to the end.
    Dave

22. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Can you please post this website URL and/or have the address? I am in the Minnie area often on business and have been told about this dealer.

Thanks,

RocketBoy

23. milstanselnino

milstanselnino Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jon P.
    I am not too computer literate, but I have found their website simply by doing a search for "sears imported autos"

Problem is that the cars discussed here do not appear in their website inventory.

24. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    When I saw the Daytonya it was next door in a big garage along with a TR and some other cars that they don't advertise very offten

25. John_G

John_G Rookie

Dec 27, 2004
    Canton, TX.
    Full Name:
    John Gislason
    Don B. had one for sale a few weeks ago.

As I recall, it was a Mondial.

Sears has them from time to time, as does Hecker. I agree, Sears keeps them in the garage next door to the main dealership. I've seen as many as 4 in there at once.