Minor mirror vibration 458 Exterior Mirror | FerrariChat

Minor mirror vibration 458 Exterior Mirror

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by docf, Oct 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Mirror vibration on 458 Exterior Mirror equipped with photoelectric option

2. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    My 458 Itala (2015) has recently developed a minor vibration on the drivers side Exterior Mirror with closing the door. Neither stalk nor housing appear lose. The car is equipped with the photoelectric option. Comments welcome as how to resolve this issue.

3. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I have a 2014 with same issue. Service was made aware of it on the 1st service, they put a piece of foam per Ferrari which dampened but still persisted. So next annual service they replace the bracket that holds the mirror and that resolved it. Force them to do the bracket, the foam sticky was useless.

4. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Thanks for the reply . How much was the service to replace the bracket or was it covered under warranty? Did they have to take the whole mirror apart? My car is a 15.

5. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    My repair was done under warranty and it was my understanding they just pulled off the actual mirroe and replaced bracket without having to remove the housing. As long as you have the warranty still in place they should be abletotake care of it.

6. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I believe I still have the extended warranty in place. What Dealership did you use. I called the dealer and they said they would ck with Ferrari,but doubted it would cover the mirror & would cost around 2 grand.

7. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    It was wide world in NY

8. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Thanx for sharing; interesting because it may come to each of us in near future ...

Can you tell us more pelase ? Were you present at the repair ?

Is it easy to pull the mirrorglass out (yourself) ? Installin a bracket cannot be too difficult imo ...

9. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Unfortunately, I was not present for each repair. I just made my complaint about them and was told what was authorized by Ferrari to repair. I've not tried to pull off the mirror myself so can't comment on how easy/difficult it would be to do that. I've repaired a broken wire in My MB GL and was easy to pull mirror right off and easy to pop back in so agree that it can't be that hard. However, the service center at the dealer will likely state its probably not that simple for job security.

10. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    :)