Mission E getting out in public.... | FerrariChat

Mission E getting out in public....

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by tritone, Oct 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
  2. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
  3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    They should've kept the door handles (also with suicide rear doors) and lack of a true b-pillar...that would've been nice. Like the Eldorado Brougham.

INTMD8 likes this.
  4. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    It's always a disappointment when that sexy concept car arrives as "business as usual".....in this case sort of a junior panamera....
    But I like the concept so I'll still be a buyer......

5. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    Not ugly, arguably better looking than the panamera. Nothing like the concept, though...

6. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
  7. Bill in Atlanta

Bill in Atlanta Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2004
    LOL

"camouflage"

Let's wait till the actual car is unveiled
    And whatever it looks like, it will be better than the Panamera

8. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    Just placed a deposit on one.... I never liked Tesla's= prius on steroids. But PORSCHE makes a huge difference with their credibility in engineering and proven know-how in race/hybrids designs. For a few hundred bucks reserve cost, why not? Deliveries for 2019 or earlier per my dealer.

9. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    I put a deposit down on the mission-e 4 months ago. There were already 3 people ahead of me.
    I do like the concept car better than the mule, but i predict the finished product will look great.
    If not, I can always get my deposit back!
    I too, feel the Tessla is not an appealing looking vehicle.
    Not exotic enough for my tate.

10. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I had been on the list, to get on the list with my P-dealer since the first pictures of the Mission E Concept became available in the Panorama Magazine/or E-Brake email. However, just last month I got the call from my dealer to make a deposit which I did and got an real allocation for the level 3 sedan. But nothing yet can be ordered – no information on colors or options etc. I did find out there will be three levels of performance of which the top level is the only one that interests me. Also there will be a regular sedan as well as the "Cross Turismo" model. I did tell the dealer when making the deposit if the car is just an electric Panamera I am not very interested as I already have a Turbo S which is pretty quick for a 4 dr DD.

That said the new pictures of the Mission E “Cross-Turismo” are not nearly as appealing as the Concept vehicle. So I will have to wait to see what the final sedan rendition works out to look like.

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    So they announced the Taycan as their first full electric car, but news article are incorrectly calling it the production version of the Mission E. I think they meant Mission E Cross Turismo. This car's ride height is nowhere near the Mission E mule so it is a separate car. It's not that attractive looking imo: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/porsche-mission-e-taycan-first-drive-review/

12. lambchop

lambchop Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    Oddly, I love the cross turismo and it appears fairly production ready body wise, i.e, not a completely bonkers prototype. Exciting times.

13. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James