Miura, the original supercar | Page 654 | FerrariChat

Miura, the original supercar

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by joe sackey, Dec 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Ciro Izzo and em42 like this.
  2. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  3. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    joe sackey likes this.
  4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thank you

5. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
  6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    It's one of the best opportunities at an early Miura I have seen in recent times, and the pricing allows you finish the restoration to the high standard it deserves.

The Miura is automotive art in it's purest form, so an authentic restoration to original spec is the most respectful, rewarding and prudent way, the latter an important consideration as completely restored this'll be a 7-figure car.

Part of the work is done and all of the engine components appear to be present, so this looks like a nice project

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud likes this.
  7. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Doesn’t look like they are selling a complete car? Just the chassis engine and some suspension components?

Olivier NAMECHE likes this.
  8. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    #16333 Lemacc, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018

For me it seems like hell of work, must difficult part will be to find interior and trim parts!
    Futhermore if you go into details, this car will be never like it was finished by factory.

IMO there is a reason why someone sells a project in this state...

9. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010

would it even be possible to find original parts for this?

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Correct, plus battered hoods etc

Of course, any restoration is a lot of work which takes focus, commitment & resources, that said, no risk no reward.

People sell half-completed restoration projects all the time, in fact I can think of at least another Miura that is currently available half-completed, the owner has simply lost interest and wants to do something else. In the past I can recall personally selling 2 different half-completed Miuras, both of which are completed cars today restored to concours condition to original spec. I can also think of a couple of Ferraris that have won @ Pebble Beach after coming back from the dead from much less than this! IMHO there is no reason why the car cannot be completed like it was finished by the factory, if someone is determined to do so. Some people take great pride in rescuing automotive works of art, however, that process is clearly not for everyone.

Yes, it might take time but with a good network in Italy it can be done

11. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    hopefully that happens and we get to see the final product.

on a side note, anyone know the history of the Miura "SVJ" that BC (on instagram) is having restored? i think its supposed to debut for one of the big california car shows in a year or two or something like that

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfSD0F_BZe0/?taken-by=bc

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  14. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
  15. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    One that “was fully restorated 8 years earlier” no less

375+ likes this.
  16. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
  17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The current work being done may be driven by the new owner's desire to return the car to it's original white livery, you'll also note from his IG page that BC appears to appreciate white cars

SVJs have always been controversial, with debates ranging from whether the particular car was purpose-built on the production line or modified after initial completion as an SV, and whether it was built during Miura production or just after production had ended etc.

If you're in the market for one of the factory SVJs, you simply do your homework and decide.

I know a couple of SVJs that have changed hands recently.

18. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    My dream Mira was the SVJ #4860. I had the privilege to broker it to Japan in 2000 in a very funny deal.
    I test drove it flat out on the German Autobahn together with the Japaneese representative of its next owner, who went nuts co-driving with that speed! HAH! BAAAANZAI!
    The other car I brokered twice was #5054. It was in lovely original condition, was only driven by the then time 2nd owner G.S. (Germany) and myself for about 400 km. When I saw it unused 4 years later the car needed a full restoration...
    I brokered the car to its 3rd owner D.H. (Germany) who started the resto but sold it little later...

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    4860 with Hubert Hahne in its earlier guise of Nero/Bianco, it just changed hands going to a passionate Miura enthusiast recently

Image Unavailable, Please Login

wbaeumer likes this.
  20. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    joe, i dont know if it was posted earlier but do you have the chassis number for the green one that was at the NY auto show this past month?

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey

FWIW this is an SV we rescued & restored @ 18 years ago, it remains just as restored, and has lived since 2003 in a prominent collection of mostly Italian race & vintage cars

Image Unavailable, Please Login

375+ likes this.
  22. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Joe,
    is it still in the land of the rising sun? EU? USA?

This car in flashy silver looked fantastic!
    It lost its rear bonnet when owned by the widow of Blatzheim, the 2nd (?) owner. She drove it and the rear bonnet opened and was taken away by the wind. It was transported to the factory where it got a new rear hood.

23. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Nice video like always done by fellow Harry Metcalfe presenting a lime green Miura....

24. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    awesome. the only Miura i've ever seen in person. Pretty amazing. Not sure green with blue interior would be my first choice but im glad i finally got to see one

25. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Originally white/white with side marker lights, the last US version Miura.