MLB 2022 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

MLB 2022

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheMayor, Mar 2, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Phillies Stink

2. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
  3. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    It's the Yankees, nobody cares....

And it's Houston, who will only be known as the greatest cheaters of all time, few care.

4. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    All teams in professional sports cheat. Several recently retired professional athletes have mentioned the widespread cheating.

Texas Forever likes this.
  5. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I keep trying to educate people about 'Spygate' and 'Deflategate', but they are steadfast in
    their opnion that only New England did that, even though EIGHT other teams were also
    doing the exact same 'Spygate' stuff, and a few other QB's have also said they like to
    adjust footballs as well.

TexasF355F1 and ralfabco like this.
  6. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #56 ralfabco, Aug 2, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    Soto and Bell traded to the Padres. Good luck with the financial sustainment. The Padres farm is now depleted.

You need cheap good players to augment a number of stars.

Ask the Angels about a roster with a # of stars and little else to support the players.

7. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I’m a Nats season ticket holder. I will not be renewing. We have a Padres series in 2 weeks. Those will be my last games for a while. We have just not signed or put realistic offers to our superstars for 5 years in a row. Stras will never pitch again in the majors.

8. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I disagree.

A realistic well planned rebuilding process is an exciting time to be a fan.

If the team is going nowhere it is beneficial to burn down the house and re-build from scratch. This is the best long term approach. Throwing dollars at a trophy does not always work well in the long run. Pool a bunch of blue-chip prospects together and augment the group base with a few free-agents. This will take years to put all of this together and see results. Not all of the prospects will reach the majors and a number will never reach their floors. I followed my team with three 100 loss seasons. True - Juan Soto is not an old vet who is on the decline. Soto was offered nice money to sign and stay in WA. The Nats farm system has been re-stocked and with beneficial drafts the team will be a young monster in a few seasons.

I abhor bandwagon fans (not implying you are).

9. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #59 ralfabco, Aug 3, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10044252-nl-exec-padres-in-danger-of-entering-angels-territory-after-juan-soto-trade

You cannot keep them all.

Yeah. It's a good move if they win it all over the next season or two. If they fall short of their goal the front office will set the franchise back seven years. Padres attempted a similar move on a smaller scale a few years ago when they brought in Wil Meyers and a few others. The move to accelerate the time table to unveil a competitive team proved to be a failure. Manny Machado is now on the wrong side of thirty years old. Tatis' pay-day will also soon arrive. Soto needs his mega contract as well. The Angels vision to build a contender is heading south, to S.D. The Padres farm system has been picked up by the NATS.

Nationals now have an amazing core of young talent to build around. Additional young talent will be infused into the system with future draft picks.

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The Dodgers have won 26 of their last 31 games. Just beat the Giants for the 7th straight time.

Passed the Yankees for the best record in Baseball.

11. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    yankees are heading to mediocracy which is where their roster should be. record setting start was absurd on pace 130 wins. every player was playing best ball of career at same time with zero injuries and thats not sustainable. starting pitching is bad from top to bottom and will be their downfall. i doubt any of the deadline picks will help much either. has benitendi gotten a hit yet? they will finish well behind houston and lose in 1st round (unless they get twins again),

Texas Forever likes this.
  12. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #62 ralfabco, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    I believe it is beneficial to enter the post-season with positive production. Remember the Angels were hot during April 2022. Where are the Angels at the moment. The GM should worry about the overall condition of the club from month to month. Nobody had any idea Atlanta will win the entire thing when entering the 21 post-season.

Honestly it is a toss-up when the final four teams enter the post-season. Some players come out of nowhere and step up and others disappear in the bright post-season lights.

It remains to be seen if S.D. will move the needle enough to win deep into the post-season. The price for quality players carrot-dangled by GM's was often outrageous. Rival GM's are looking for an over-pay where your team will sacrifice it's future. nope. forget it. hard pass.

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The Dodgers have swept a 4 game series with the Giants --- TWICE in less than a month.

14. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #64 ralfabco, Aug 5, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    Only in Anaheim: Angels hit 7 home runs, manage to lose 8-7

Two of the long balls came from Shohei Ohtani, continuing a back-to-back MVP campaign for the Japanese phenom.

https://sports.yahoo.com/only-in-anaheim-angels-hit-7-home-runs-manage-to-lose-8-7-005913460.html?ncid=facebook_yahoosport_l0w2dc1068w&fbclid=IwAR3vPUTC0PeedbaB4ilA43Oe-oJcD0a8umYWfW4CpKWDfgRJftuPX2N2qAE

Should have burned everything down and moved Ohtani for prospects. Trade the Angels mascot. Not sure anyone will be interested in picking up Trout's contract. Last season the owner could have traded Trout for an entire excellent farm system that is loaded for prospects + their team's mascot. The ship probably sailed due to chronic back issues. The owner has made serious mistakes by micro-managing the GM.

I do hope Trout can overcome the medical issues and return to form. What a talent!

TheMayor likes this.
  15. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Phils made a lot of moves at trade deadline. If they are still in it around Labor Day when Harper returns, they might make some noise

16. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I think Mets or atl have div covered. If degrom can stay healthy (and he cant) Mets are very dangerous.
    I don't know what to make of him regardless injuries. He's phenomenal fantasy player with absurd stats but mets don't win his games. Id rather have a randy Johnson, curt shilling type who always wins the game. His free agency will be interesting. I would not give him anything past 3 yrs

17. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Kansas City figured out they can just get lucky once in a decade or three with cheap players,
    but just like in football, as soon as you win the championship, guys want to be PAID.

This is why we won't see 'dynasties' anymore - I mean where a team will be a SERIOUS contender
    for 6-8-10 years. We saw it with Pittburgh in the 70's, SF in the 80's and 90's, Dallas in the 90's,
    and I am not so sure NE is a 'dynasty'. The Yankees are a different animal: they can afford anyone
    and everyone, and they suck half the time. Look at the Lakers, they are a joke.

As soon as current contracts are up, in about 2 years, the Rams will struggle to be .500, and the next
    team to time it right with the magic potion will do well. Cleveland Browns COULD have done well, they had most
    of the pieces, but they screwed up in the HC area. I think Baker at QB could have gotten it done, but in the next
    year or two we will see 2-3 stars leave, and that is all it takes. Ask Seattle where their 'Legion of Boom' defense went.

18. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I do not follow football all that much. In baseball the smaller market teams can only win approximately every thirty years.

TheMayor likes this.
  19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #69 TheMayor, Aug 7, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2022

Its much easier for a crappy football team to become a winning football team in one year. Maybe not the best team but a good team. They get a lot of new players from College at a high level so turn over is high. I think the average football career is less than 3 years. Its much harder in baseball. And its easier to fall. Look at the Giants this year.

Building a good baseball team takes years. And because of the number of games some luck when it comes to key player injuries. Baseball is a grind.

ralfabco likes this.
  20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Dodgers sweep the 2nd place Padres MkII with Soto.

Now 15 and a half games ahead of them and 5 games over the Yankees for best in the league

21. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    What in the world happened to the Washington Nats?

22. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    The average NFL football career is 2-3 years - for the non-starters.
    They turn them over in hopes of finding new blood (from college usually)
    to step in, if they can't, they get released in a year or two.

But back to the subject of turning an NFL team around - who was the Bengals starting QB before Burrow?
    How about the Chargers before Herbert?
    Cardinals before Murray?
    I could go on and on.....

Cinci SUCKED before Burrow got there, and he's going to break the bank when he signs his next contract...
    I am not sure Cinci has the bank for it...

23. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    The Dodgers suck…

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!