Mobile OBD Scanner / Logger - iPhone / Android - 360 / 430 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mobile OBD Scanner / Logger - iPhone / Android - 360 / 430

Discussion in '360/430' started by FerrariDublin, Nov 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    #26 whatheheck, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Hi Greg. I too scratched my head about the P0030 and P1135 codes so I had to do a search. I learned that P0000 are generic codes and P11XX are car maker specific codes.

You are right, P1135 is not listed in Ferrari code sheet. My search yielded it points to precat O2 sensor. I will try Facile again and read and compare pulled fault codes as I received an eMail reply from the programmer that engine has to be running in order for Facile to read both ECUs.

I can return the OM580 from Amazon if the fault codes pulled are not accurate. I will post updates here. Thanks!

2. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Greg,

Finally getting a chance to chime in here again and provide update.

For OBD Facile - Engine must be on in order to pull fault codes.
    OBD Facile pulled the same codes as the OM850. They match. Its P0030 and P1135 which points to O2 Sensor on bank 1.

I decided to just order all 4 O2 sensors and replace them all at the same time and hope the CEL goes away. If not, I will take it to the dealer.

It appears OBD Facile is a better OBD reader as once I finally got it working it provided more details than the OM850 code reader I bought from Amazon.

I will soon return the OM850 back to Amazon as it doesnt work well on Ferrari's.

Dan

3. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thanks for the follow up. Hopefully the news sensors will cure it.

As you say, even the mobile apps (versus computer based systems) offer quie a bit more than a basic code reader. Glad you've got one of the working anyway.

4. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Greg,

Check Engine Light issue fixed. I replaced both Pre-Cat O2 sensors.

I created a DIY write up hoping I can help the next guy and make the job easier for them when they encounter the same problem.

My post here:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430/483629-diy-how-remove-replace-oxygen-sensors.html

All the best to you always,

Dan

5. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
  6. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    You're welcome Antonio.

Dan

7. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Nice one Dan. Hopefully that troublesome light stays out as you put some miles on it.

8. Skipro

Skipro Karting

Aug 14, 2006
    Que,Can//Naples,FL
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Nice write up Dan. Well done.
    Note: OBD Fusion is not compatible with Bluetooth, and it even states as much in the App description. I (dumb) missed that and purchased a bluetooth scanner and it would not connect. After realising my error amd obtaining a Wifi tool, ODB fusion connected first try and works works great. Thanks to everyone for their input.

9. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks Greg and Richard!

Dan

10. Agent7

Agent7 Karting

Jan 30, 2015
    Tokyo, Japan
    Full Name:
    Just Bob
    #35 Agent7, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    car runs but chasing down the slow down light, CATs are NOT glowing red. Since it does run, I assume both engine ECUs are functionng.

using the ELM and EOBD-Facile app, I now only see 1 ECU. In the past, I have seen two ECUs.

I am currently seeing ECU 0X014 bank 2 cylinders 5-6 (according to aldousvoice). I am also a little surprised that my CAT ECU would be bad. It appears to have been replaced with one made in June 2014.

Is there a way to test them?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    Is your immobilizer timed out? I find I can only see one in OBD Facile if the alarm LED is blinking.