430 - Modern Ferrari 430 Tail Light - Possible GROUP BUY? | FerrariChat

430 Modern Ferrari 430 Tail Light - Possible GROUP BUY?

Discussion in '360/430' started by TommyTheV, Nov 3, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Clear or Smoked

1. Clear

2. Smoked

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Moderators: This isn't a For Sale or Wanted thread. Hope I am not breaking any rules here =)

Hi guys,

I've been researching ways to modernize the 430 tail lights for about 2 months now, and I was about to pull the trigger on getting a retrofit job done for about $2K until a fellow member showed me this link that he came across.

Disclaimer (NOT Affiliated): (https://www.ebay.com/itm/225230857137?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=5rP1SvNHSkm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=5rP1SvNHSkm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY)

Yes, it's "eBay". I was a skeptic myself but because it closely resembles was I am going for without cutting into the OEM lights, I reached out directly to get more details. Connected with the co-owner Allan who manufactures these from scratch in his factory. There is a language barrier so it's a bit rough but I managed to collect that it does come with a 3-year warranty, and it is 100% plug-and-play. No error codes, and no fitment issues.

Their current listing has a different video that is more detailed on how it operates. Before was more of an infomercial and questionable. I tried to convince him to offer the clear lens version but with just a handful that MAY potentially want it clear, don't think he'll bite since they purposely want to "modernize" by replicating the look of the 488 GTB:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Anyways long story short I would like to see if we can get enough interested USA buyers so I can set up a group buy with them? I convince Allan if we were to get (5)+ sets shipped to 1 designation - I used San Diego, CA - that the price I originally dealt with him will be honored.

Each set will come out to be about $1,650 landed vs the current listing of about $2,600 landed so that is pretty much $1,000 in savings if we can establish a group buys of at least 5 units. *Price is subject to change if the shipping price goes up by the holidays or 2023*

Even if you aren't close enough to me to pick it up, I am sure shipping to you could still save you lots of $$$ than buying it solo.

I've initiated group buys before with my other hobbies so everyone can save, and it's usually a LOT of work so unless the savings are great, I hesitate to lead it.

Again just want to put this out there: I am not affiliated whatsoever with that listing. Here to share what I found out and possibly establish a group purchase to capitalize on the savings and hope that isn't against the forum rules.

Attached Files:

mwstewart likes this.
  2. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    #2 colorfull, Nov 3, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    holy s--t, those are FIRE

I am VERY interested in these @ $1650 and you can count me as a buyer. I'm in NJ so would need to also have them shipped.

Although it seems on their site they are $2300 + $100 shipping, nevertheless, still interested in being part of this.

just a suggestion, I would also ask him if it is ok to post a pic of the F430 lights from their site, less confusing than showing the 488 pic, and would show what they actually look like, they are beautiful.

TommyTheV likes this.
  3. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Right? Beats the pain of retrofitting :)

Yes, it is $2300 + $105 shipping + tax that eBay collects. Mine is 8.75% so I am estimating it's about $2,600 for me landed but I am sure it could be slightly less on the tax for other parts of the U.S.

Once received, shipping shouldn't be too much to other states since it won't be in an oversized wooden crate that came from overseas on the initial order. I'll keep the foam that it'll come in and find the appropriate-sized box w/ insurance. Will show all receipts to participants, and keep things 100% transparent along the way. That's why I say it's a lot of work to organize. Haha

Never hurts to pay it forward in the end because I've benefited much from other group buys I've participated in the past too :)

nchhotu likes this.
  4. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    I can't believe I've never seen these, I love 'em and yes, beats trying to figure out how to retrofit. I was considering the Novitec black lens, but they are too dark for me. With a Grigio Silverstone, these will be the bomb as is with the smoke center.

Can't tell you how much I appreciate you putting in the effort to get this done, yes, group buys are a lot of work.

I hope we can get 3 more!!!

nchhotu likes this.
  5. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Hi guys,

Per the recommendation of a fellow member, I will post photos of the lights below. Pretty much saved them from the eBay listing which is why I didn't post them initially since figured anyone who would be interested to just click on that link and be able to see the video as well. :D I don't know how to embed that video here

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I purchased a set Monday and they are on there way and should be here by Tuesday. Will keep you posted.

colorfull likes this.
  7. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Do these have a reverse light? If not, is that legal?

8. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Ahhh! That was you Nick? When I saw that 1 "sold" on their listing for Oct 31st I was like I wonder who that is! Now found out that is a fellow member? Small world but really cool. Yes please update us.

nchhotu likes this.
  9. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Kent if you watch their updated video on the listing you can see it has fog lights also.

The reverse light is a white color - which I LOVE - and appears pretty bright too ;)

10. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Yes. It was a gamble but if it is plug and play like advertised then a really good option for F430 owners. I can be the test. Will take pics and video of the process.

colorfull likes this.
  11. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Thanks for the link. That's pretty cool with all the lighting options!

12. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    @nchhotu - sweet!!!

if I may, a question, the black surface that the aluminum support attaches to, is it metal or plastic?

13. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Appears to be photos of the pre-shipment. Please let us know when it arrives Nick.

Literally just asked Allan your question and he said it's a strong plastic o_O

nchhotu likes this.
  14. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Thank you Tommy, did he mention if the little hex cap button screws are going into an embedded threaded metal insert? I have to assume they would be, as opposed to going directly into the plastic?

15. mb5

mb5 Karting

Nov 11, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Are these compatible w 360s? Don’t the two models have exactly the same lights?

16. tmvatlanta

tmvatlanta Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2017
    Covington GA
    Full Name:
    Tam V.
    Price sure did went up fast. When Allan posted in my “F430 Owners Club” FB group, they were $1899+shipping. And most owners think that was pretty high.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    I have a hard time trying to explain to him what a clear lens vs smoke lens is and how members want it clear so I'll doubt he'll know how to respond to how it gets screwed on.

We can only rely on Nick now for the true "fitment" testament of how it is advertised and how it really is. Thanks for being our test Nick! ;)

nchhotu likes this.
  18. GogglesPisano

GogglesPisano Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2022
    East Bay, California
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Well, they seem to be better reinforced. Wondering if they ship with rubber o-rings to mount them instead of metal to metal. I'd count on using some type of buffer if not.

19. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    360s are different and are available by another manufacturer.

mb5 likes this.
  20. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Yup! That is why I wanted to initiate a group buy because even at $1900 when I checked on 10/31, I was thinking it is a little high because of where it got made and the description is vague. The language barrier is there but due to constant messaging and so many pictures sent is where I built up the confidence that quality is there.

21. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Good point. I could reuse original o-rings or can easily buy them on line.

22. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Thanks for testing it out for us, Nick. ;)

You bought it at the old price, right? How much did yours cost landed (if you don't mind sharing)?

I feel like the recent $400 increase is only going to discourage more solo buyers...

23. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Fair enough, let's see how it goes. Glad you were able to get the conversation as far as you did!

24. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    I don't know details, but I looked at the ebay listing, if you go into the detailed description, it does say the 'pre-sale' orders are sold out, so maybe there were only a couple at that price. dunno.

They're not inexpensive, that's true, but they do seem to be quite feature rich, well thought out, very well made and a very modern look. the ones @ $1200 for example for the 355/360, while very modern looking are not as feature rich as these, nor do they have as good a look.

I think you really have to compare them to a 488 taillight price-wise, which are about $400 on Eurospares, not an F430 taillight as you are getting something much closer to the 488 light and from what I can see, may be even better.

I will miss the fact that my car shares a part number with the Enzo, that is absolutely very cool, but I feel like I will get over it the first time they light up