For Sale - Momo Prototipo Vintage Steering Wheel 370mm | FerrariChat

For Sale Momo Prototipo Vintage Steering Wheel 370mm

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by Rory J, May 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    I have a vintage Momo Prototipo steering wheel that I'd like to sell. This is the larger 370mm variety as would have been commonly used in production-based Porsche, Alfa Romeo, BMW and Ferrari road race cars of the late 1960s and early '70s. Modern reproduction are smaller, at 350mm and with a different style font. It would look perfect in a vintage 911 912, 2002, 3.0 CSL, Dino, Daytona, GTV or GTA, etc.

This wheel was recently recovered at considerable expense by Workshop 5001, an LA-based high-end Porsche restoration shop and the leather is of excellent quality and nearly identical to Momo spec. The stitching is very well done in a light grey/off white color so as to better match the lovely patina on the spokes. All in all, it's a very carefully restored item that doesn't have an overdone or brand-new look, making it feel right at home in a lightly used classic.

I have put maybe 100 miles on use on the wheel, but I recently sold the car it was installed in and don't plan to own another suitable car for the wheel any time soon.

I am asking $850 for this classic Momo Prototipo.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Chris77 likes this.
  2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Very nicely done resto, and thanks for putting the Shop info out there, on who did the work!

GLWS!

Rory J likes this.
  3. Chris77

Chris77 Rookie

May 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Chris Clarke
    #3 Chris77, May 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2018
    Hi Rory,

I’m interested in your steering wheel. Would you be able to send it to the UK?

Thanks
    Chris

Feel free to email me to discuss further - [email protected]

4. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    This is now sold, thank you Chris.