Momo steering wheel | FerrariChat

Momo steering wheel

Discussion in '308/328' started by yelcab, Nov 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I have a Montecarlo now and I want a beefier thicker steering wheel. I used to have it on my GT4 (non standard) but I cannot remember what model. Does anyone have a suggestion of a thicker Momo wheel?

2. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
  3. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    No, my old GT4 never had that silver steering wheel. In its place, someone replaced with a Momo wheel, all black, much thicker for a better grasp, and I liked that. I don't know what it's called. I replaced my stock 328 one with a Monte Carlos but it is not thick enough for me.

4. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    Couldn't you just get your Monte Carlo re-wrapped in new leather with thicker padding? If not Momo will probably make something custom for $$$. They have some people here in So Cal you could talk to.

5. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Where did you buy it? I want one!!! Web link pls?

Dom likes this.
  6. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Believe it or not, I ordered it from Amazon. Did a search for Momo Prototipo, and it came up from an amazon seller. I imagine ebay would be a source as well.

7. AlfaGreg

AlfaGreg Karting

Dec 28, 2003
    Saint John, NB Can
    Full Name:
    Greg Gormley
    Beautiful cockpit!!

Dom likes this.
  8. outlaw_singer

outlaw_singer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 23, 2015
    If you are talking about the grip, there is one momo famous for how it feels in hand and that would be the Jackie Stewart signature edition. Google for Jackie stewart momo and you'll find pics easily. It is a legendary wheel but being 35cm, i'm not sure if these were popular mods to Ferrari's. If that turns out to be the wheel you are looking for, feel free to send me a message. I've gathered over 10 of these so lots of options... :)

Matto likes this.
  9. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I had one of these on my 246. I just replaced it with the more correct silver prototipo that I bought from ebay. The Jackie Stewart is in average condition (fully intact but with wear) and is available.

Matto likes this.