For Sale - Mondial 3.2 cabriolet, 1987, Red/Crema, 9500 miles, NJ, $40,000 | FerrariChat

For Sale Mondial 3.2 cabriolet, 1987, Red/Crema, 9500 miles, NJ, $40,000

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by DavidJ, Jul 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    Mondial 3.2 cabriolet, 1987, Red/Crema, 9500 miles, NJ

I have an acquaintance that is selling his Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet.
    I believe it is a 1987. Complete car. Title in hand.
    Red over Crema (off white, slightly yellow, not quite tan).
    9500 miles (yes, that is: nine thousand five hundred miles).
    He is the second owner.
    Located in Northern NJ.

Go here to see some fair quality pictures I took last week: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0fG6XBubJtiUzN

I’m just helping a friend who is not on Fchat and wants to sell his car.
    Contact; Larry (not the owner, another friend who is dealing with the sale of the car) at 201-788-0421.
    If I didn’t already have a Mondial T, I would grab this myself, it’s a beautiful example in great shape.

Thanks,
    DavidJ

2. 433rdmaw

433rdmaw Karting

Mar 23, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Jack Calhoun
    How much?

3. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    Guys, please contact Larry for further information.
    As posted.
    I'm just the messenger.

DavidJ

4. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Nice Mondial, but you should know that it isn't crema, it is tan. ;)

5. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    Maybe it is the photos. It was pretty dark in the shop, there was a electric power problem so most of the light we're off.
    It's not tan. I have a car with a tan interior, so I know what tan is. It is (as I posted) an off white, slightly yellow leather. I think is is called Crema but I'm just not sure that is the correct name.

DavidJ

6. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm really surprised no one is interested in this car.
    9500 miles, really nice condition. For those F-chatters that want a great example, the is the one.
    What are you waiting for? I would snatch it up in a minute but 2 Mondials is not in my future.
    I already have too many cars.

DavidJ

7. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    IMO at least some indication of price would help. People dont want to take the extra time to get in touch with another person just to find out it's probably out of their $ range. I would assume it's north of $50k, but the unknown is a little deterrent. JMWO

Stentboy likes this.
  8. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I agree. It looks like a very nice car in the pictures but it is 2018 and people want to see both a price and the date/mileage of the last belt service. It says he is the second owner, would be great to know how long?

Maybe he can sell it like this, but it will probably take a lot longer.

GLWS

9. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Hopefully this is ok, as comments aren't usually allowed on for sale thread, but since you asked.

I think the biggest problem is the unknown price and the fact that you aren't the seller. Its also got too many miles to be a super collectable, but so few that it clearly is very rarely driven (with the lack of license plate and the plastic still on the seat not helping that image) the poor pictures, and Mondail's not being the most popular model.

It looks like its in great shape. Have the seller chime in with a price and some service history with a couple really good photos and I think it will sell quickly!

10. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    Sorry guys, the owner is unable to comment. The person who is managing the sale of this car and a bunch of other cars for the owner (he is not a broker or a dealer but a close friend of the owner and a great mechanic) has just had a loss of a close family member and is not going to deal with this right now.
    I will go out on a limb and and say he did discuss $45K a few weeks ago with me, but who knows if that is the price today? There is paperwork for the last service, but not in hand right now. What I do know is the car was in the same shop I use and was about to be driven out as I was coming in. That was April 2013. Was the belt service done then? I'm not positive but I will find out. Either way, I would replace the belt if I bought the car. It is a 3.2 so its is easier to replace the belt through the driver side rear wheel opening than on a "T".
    The plastic on the seats was to keep them clean (light color) while my friend was working on the car (new battery and fluid changes) and moving it on and off the lift.
    As to the license plates: the owner had dealer plates and swaps the plate onto the car he is driving at any given point.
    Photos are a different story. We have to get the car out into the sun and you will see a beautiful example. As soon as we can we will do it.

I appreciate the helpful comments.

DavidJ

11. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    Update:
    This car was built in December of 1987 and was sold as a 1988 car. The emissions sticker indicates 1988 compliance.
    Also: this car comes with an after market killer sound system mounted in the trunk with aftermarket speaker replacements and additional Boston Acoustic speakers in the rear pockets (to the sides of the rear seats) where the convertible top "arms" stow. There is also a factory canvas tonneau cover that is used when the top is down to protect the interior. It was never used.

DavidJ

12. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    UPDATE: I finally got to take some nice pictures outside, of the 1988 Mondial 3.2 while we were moving cars to make space in a building.

To review:
    I have an acquaintance that is selling his Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet.
    It is a 1988. Complete car. Title in hand.
    Red over Crema (off white, slightly yellow, not quite tan).
    9505 miles (yes, that is: nine thousand five hundred and five miles).
    He is the second owner.
    Located in Northern NJ.

Go here to see some good pictures I took today: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0f5yeZFhGgC9kI

I’m just helping a friend who is not on Fchat and wants to sell his car.
    Contact; Larry (not the owner, another friend who is dealing with the sale of the car) at 201-788-0421.
    The car is a beautiful example in great shape.

Thanks,
    DavidJ

13. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015
  14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    The rules of the forum did not require a price when you first posted this ad, but they now do. Please post a price, if the actual seller declines to name a price we will close the ad. Thanks.

Schulz308 likes this.
  15. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    I will contact him tomorrow and get a price for this forum.
    Thanks,
    DavidJ

16. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Nice car as posted. Interested to hear price.

17. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    I spoke to Larry today.
    The asking price for the 1987 Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet is $40,000.

Mods: If you can edit and add this information to the title I would be grateful.

Thanks,
    DavidJ

18. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Done

19. Ciao55

Ciao55 Karting

Mar 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel D
    No pictures makes it a tough sell. The link does not work.

20. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Not sure if the car sold, but the original post was 13 months ago. The link / listing may have expired.