Mondial 8 window switch removal out of center console | FerrariChat

Mondial 8 window switch removal out of center console

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by flowster_muc, Jul 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flowster_muc

flowster_muc Rookie

Jul 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Florian Dittert
    Hello together,

it looks like my driver side power window has died. Now i started to disassemble the door and want to check the wiring. To do all the tests i would also like to access the switch, but how can i get it out? How is it clipped in that center console? I've read through a lot of the amazing threads in here but no detail on how to get the switches out there?

Thanks a lot and rgds from Munich

Florian

2. tecmotion

tecmotion Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    Florida/ Chicago
    Full Name:
    Tammy
    Hi Florian,

I use a trim tool and pry up the metal retaining cover in the area of the side mirror switch. Use the same type of tool and pop up the switch in question. You can wiggle the switch back and forth to remove it from the harness. You can check using an ohm meter between the center and the outside 2 pins for continuity when you toggle the switch. These switches are the same for both windows, the antenna and the sunroof if you need a quick fix. They can be taken apart and cleaned or Ferrparts in California stocks new ones.

The switch pin out is:
    • center is +12v
    • the outside pins 1&5 are load
    • the inside pins 2&4 are ground
    Happy troubleshooting!
    Tammy

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

flowster_muc and Dr-Boost like this.
  3. flowster_muc

flowster_muc Rookie

Jul 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Florian Dittert
    Hey Tammy,
    thank you so much for that detailed description. Amazing! Actually i was lucky as the Motor was just kind of stuck.
    After helping him a bit with the external screwdriver thing everything works fine again... lets see how long... ;)
    Cheers
    Florian

4. asanyfuleno

asanyfuleno Rookie

Nov 12, 2021
    Brackley, UK
    Full Name:
    Mike Edwards
    I don't seem to have a metal cover in place so is it just a case of getting under the top and bottom ends of the switches so they can pop out?

5. tecmotion

tecmotion Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    Florida/ Chicago
    Full Name:
    Tammy
    Can you send a picture?