Mondial CAB roof boot | FerrariChat

Mondial CAB roof boot

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by syata, Aug 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    One of my chrome/silver pull push buttons is not staying clipped in.
    Anybody repaired or replaced the button snap? If I need to replace it how do I do that without damaging the boot?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    the fastener bit goes before the male button bit. you can buy tenax fasteners online (get the right size... I don't have that with me right now). It's the three little spring loaded clips inside the female button part that go over time.

The tenax fasteners unscrew. One piece on each side of the fabric (or leather). You just unscrew the two halves and replace.

If someone doesn't come along and post exact sizes, I'll look for my last order and double check.

I've replaced three or four, and have a bag of spares I keep in the trunk.

3. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    If your original ones have black plastic caps with the prancing horse, you can VERY carefully pry those off and glue onto new ones. I left mine bare.

4. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    Thank you. I will try and unscrew the female button.
    Can it resend the spring or just get new ones?

5. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    If you look inside the fastener, there are four prongs, one or more is probably bent. Get a dental probe or small screwdriver and pry them back open. Unless they have bent and folded in such that they broke, which does happen, they will be good to go.

6. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    Thank you all for your help.
    I unscrewed the tenax fastener and comparing the non-functioning one with the others it looked like one of the prongs broke off. Maybe that is why the P.O. did not use the boot cover.

Does anyone know where I can get these locally or from where I can order one? I kind of need it by next weekend since I will try to get the car up to NY from NC.

Thank you.

SSY

7. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    Wrong country, I know. Bought mine from a boat equipment shop. They use a lot of those. LOOX is another brand that works with Tenax.
    /Peter

8. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    Or LOXX, can't remember.
    /Peter

9. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    I ordered a few from Eagle Day out of FL. The local body shops referred me to upholstery places. One upholstery shop knew what I was talking about and referred me to the local fastener supply shop. They also did not stock the item.
    I found them from Eagle Day. Called them and they will be in the mail by the end of the day.
    Problem solved. Thank you all for your help.
    SSY

Statler likes this.