Mondial exhaust | FerrariChat

Mondial exhaust

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Nyeguy, Nov 7, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nyeguy

Nyeguy Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    I noticed my exhaust became louder one day. My shop says they see no holes or leaks. They think I lost a baffle inside exhaust. Does anybody have any thoughts or tests to determine if this is the problem? We are thinking about cutting open to confirm.

2. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I just had my car serviced and they discovered that there was a rubber exhaust recirculation hose that was bad on one side. I don't know the name of the hose, but it is 19mm and you either need the factory part or specialized high-temp hose because it gets very hot. My Mondial was loud ever since I bought it. I never understood the Tubi discussions because the stock exhaust seemed plenty loud. This was the reason. The car is now much quieter and the power continues building above 7K RPM's where it used to taper off -- it seems to have lost a little mid-range punch though. I was going to post a thread to see if anybody had similar experiences. Overall the car is much more enjoyable to drive now. The shop happened to have the one failed hose in stock, but I will be bringing it back to have the other replaced when the part comes in.