Mondial Hot Start Failure | FerrariChat

Mondial Hot Start Failure

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by murcielago8898, Jan 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. murcielago8898

Jan 14, 2010
    Very frustrating that my 85 Mondial does not start after it warms up. Just turns over. I can make it start by pulling the rubber intake connector back (letting fresh air in, but not activating the bosch fuel injection) Any ideas? Obviously it is flooding.

2. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    1. Have you checked for vacuum leaks?
    2. Checked the crank position sensor?

3. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    Spend some time reading the several threads already posted here and in the 308 section of FC. There are many possible reasons and many of us have experienced the same situation. Not fun. Hope a simple fix appears for you. SG

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Wade likes this.
  4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    This is probably a failure of the fuel pressure Accumulator, pt no 113978. Look on the diagram for the fuel tank pump and it is next to it.
    When the engine is cold it will start fine but if you stop it the retained engine heat will soak into the fuel pipes in the engine bay and cause the fuel to vaporise. When you try and start it, you are trying to inject vapour rather than liquid. The pressure accumulator is there to maintain a positive pressure in the fuel line and prevent the vapour forming in the first place- very easy diy fix by taking the back wheel and liner off, be sure to fit new seal washers or loctite on the threads

Wade and Mark C Harvey like this.
  5. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I give it 90% that this is it what Mike mentions!

And if it is only after a long drive turn off and on your battery using the switch next to it. If it starts afterward you have an electrical problem. After installing a new fuse board that issue was gone for mine.

6. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    You mean pulling back the hose that goes to the intake plenum ? Has the mixture screw been played with? What are your pressures ? System, cold control, and warm control.