Mondial Ignition Question | FerrariChat

Mondial Ignition Question

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by naccer, Oct 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. naccer

naccer Rookie

Feb 16, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Neal Caudle
    #1 naccer, Oct 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My thanks to this thread for instructions on removing the ignition switch in my Mondial, but here's another question.

First this is an 85 Euro Mondial, I've replaced the starter with one from Gustafson, and it is turning over great. I also replaced the battery, however I still do not have it running. I've narrowed this to a drop in current through the ignition switch to the CIS.

I've taken the lock portion apart from the plastic switch portion, which was very very easy, this would be on really easy car to steal BTW.

But on to my question: is the only way to clean it to drill out the two brass rings, or will spraying some in the clearance between the top and the base work? And if cleaning the contacts on the switch doesn't work is there a source to replace it? Three wires and has 4832 marked on the front, otherwise no markings.

Thanks ahead of time...Neal
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    There is a small bolt on the upper or lower side. Take this of and the lock will come of.....if you give enough play on the wires in the back. You have to disconnect those wires first on the end of this green gain. It did'nt worked out with me, I just cutted the wires and removed the green gain.
    When pulling the lock. There is some tinny arm behind that will come of...this arm is connected to that part that blocks the steering wheel. There is also a little spring behind it...so watch out. Its difficult to put it all back in place. You need a lot of patience.

Guido