Mondial owners: Do you receive rude comments in reference to your vehicles' styling? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Mondial owners: Do you receive rude comments in reference to your vehicles' styling?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by GENERAL LEE, Aug 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Given his involvement and the size of the factory at that time, Enzo may have sat in your car and directed workers in some manner or other.

2. Brannon

Brannon Rookie

May 28, 2009
    University Park
    Full Name:
    Brannon
    I have to say the styling just continues to grow on you. I love the cab and initially went for functionality. As time passes the elegance in styling continues to amaze. Give it 10 years so that it and it's siblings pass the 80's cars are dated period and it will truly be a classic. Driving and handling are superb. Additionally , I am not alone in appreciating the beauty because I have my first in class award from a carshow that had in excess of 20 80's and early 90's Ferraris and lamborghinis. It's hard to beat the countach, gto, f40 and 328s, but it can be done!!

3. redpony

redpony Rookie

Jun 1, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Yes I did, with Kelly and directly with John. John got personally involved in the sale since it was his dad's car and even put some work into it apparently.

4. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    Man, what kind of people do you hang out with? I know I live in another part of the world. But It seems like I'm on another planet. Do these people own Ferraris also? I'm a member of the FCA and have been for over 15 years. I have never heard anyone insult another Ferrari owner about his car. A Ferrari is a Ferrari and we appreciate all of them for what they were designed and built for. I know some people buy these cars for status reasons only. I think maybe they could make a remark like that. Its all relative. I doubt if these people have a 250 GTO or a 57 TR. I've met a few guys that do and they would never put down another persons car.

5. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Michael, your Mondial is so friggin awesome!! It's the most stunning Mondial I have ever seen.

As for the original question...I get more friendly comments and thumbs up in the Mondial than the 308 by a large margin. My theory is that when I am driving a bright red 308, people think I'm some obnoxious rich guy wanker, and so they try to avoid me. But the Mondial, (mine in blue with kids seats in the back) just doesn't scream out pretentious. People are more like "What the heck IS that car? A Ferrari? Wow, I didn't know they made a 4 seater." And people always appreciate the looks of the car in person. It's a fabulous car--practical, fun to drive, sounds like a Ferrari, has enough get up and go to be fun while at the same time you can stuff the whole family in there. My kids love it.

Birdman

6. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    No, and I hope I never do. And like many others have said, who cares. Those who make negative comments about Mondials probably rarely smile. Conversely, everytime I'm in the Mondial, I'm always smiling!

7. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    The Mondial looks like the offspring of a cheese grater that went to bed with a 1981 Chevy Malibu.

And it's just gorgeous! :) :D ;)

8. J430S

J430S Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2008
    NY
    Full Name:
    John M
    Only once, by the venerable Benny Ciaola. He said in his Italian accent that it wasn't a real Ferrari but was more like one of those "red chevy's" which I took to mean a Corvette. From the '70's till now he has bought just about every model, but he never bought a Mondial.
    On the other hand my sister thinks my Mondial is better looking than my 430. Then again you should see the guy she married!

9. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Mondials look better every year. It is just subtle enough where it is really only recognized by cognoscenti who really appreciate it. For me, that's just perfect.
    People who feel they must make a rude comment about ANY enthusiast car is a true poseur if you think about it and not a true motor enthusiast. They can all do squat thrusts on fire hydrants as far as I care...

10. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    too true mate... it looks spectacular in black

11. effer

effer Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    near Montréal
    Full Name:
    François R.
    We want pics!!! :)

12. RockinRon

RockinRon Rookie

May 26, 2009
    Sunbury, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Ron Fuller
    #87 RockinRon, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For sure, but I am fond of it in silver, too. I got compliments from the bikers drinking in an outdoor bar as I sat for a stop light tonight. This was on the way home from a Cub Scout meeting with my son in the back seat. He loves the Ferrari as much as I do. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. tim@timmikel.com

Mar 21, 2009
    Ventura, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim Mikel
    Since I have no children and only date one woman at a time, I wanted a two seater convertible and got a 328 GTS. I absolutely love this car, but if I needed more room for a family, I would definitely pick a Mondial hands down. They are gorgeous!

Tim

14. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman