Mondial Pic of the Day Thread | Page 72 | FerrariChat

Mondial Pic of the Day Thread

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by soucorp, Sep 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Congrats Mike!! The search is over. She looks great.

Temple

paulchua and 2cam like this.
  2. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    paulchua likes this.
  3. Mark C Harvey

Mark C Harvey Karting

Jul 17, 2018
    West Hartford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mark C Harvey
    Looks fantastic, like the twin of mine!!!!

Congratulations and enjoy

4. IndySB

IndySB Rookie

Aug 2, 2018
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    bocaf430, MvT, JLF and 4 others like this.
  5. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Beautiful! Stephane must have owned this car at one time - it has the same wheels that he seems to have put on every Mondial that he's touched. Stephane, do you have a warehouse full of those wheels? ;) Just kidding of course. They look great on the Mondials.

2cam

ronfrohock, paulchua and IndySB like this.
  6. IndySB

IndySB Rookie

Aug 2, 2018
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    In fact he did own it prior to the owner I purchased it from. Looks amazing on the 19" Speedlines, and allows far more rubber on the road than the car has power for, but handles and looks great!

Mark C Harvey and paulchua like this.
  7. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Stephane has probably owned half the cars/Mondial’s in this thread!! Lol 360 Challenge wheels I think. Actually on second look they are NOT 360 Challenge wheels, Mondial wheels in a very similar style though. Both look great on the Mondial!! Has your car been delivered yet Mike or still anxiously awaiting her?

Temple

Mark C Harvey and IndySB like this.
  8. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    When Browsing the internet for some Mondial stuff I bumped into my own Mondial. Someone took a pic, I guess 3 or 4 years ago when it didn't had a respray yet. First I saw the pic of the dash and thought, this looks very familiar. There are not many who drive with a towel to prevent reflection. Clicking further I came on the guys Flickr page where I found the other pic.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. IndySB

IndySB Rookie

Aug 2, 2018
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Full Name:
    Scott
  10. Mark C Harvey

Mark C Harvey Karting

Jul 17, 2018
    West Hartford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mark C Harvey
    Took the wife and kids out for a Sunday drive to the town of Falls, CT. Passing by the local bikers cafe and had to u-turn to park behind these beauties. Had a good chat to the owners and got some recommendations for backroads home.

WilyB, 2cam and IndySB like this.
  11. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Hey Temple. Yes, it's here! It arrived on Sunday and I've already put 200 miles on it. I LOVE it! ;) I'm making a list of items to address on the car. A number of the console buttons aren't working (glovebox, gas door, antennae) and need to be taken care of. I've taken several (not post worthy) pics. It seems difficult to get a good shot. Pictures just can't convey how nice looking these cars are in person.

2cam

12. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Great pic Scott. Glad you are the new owner. I loved that car and regretted selling it not long after. I did buy those wheels for a few Mondials, of course now they are collector items, no longer available.
    Enjoy it and drive her often, she will love that.

IndySB likes this.
  13. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Now at its new home in Austin. Not nearly as cool as Ojai. Poor car... ;)

2cam
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

djs308, IndySB, JLF and 3 others like this.
  14. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    So f’ing great!! And great to see that you already enjoying her!! The kids too yet? How she running? Isn’t Rifledriver (Brian Crall) near/in Austin?

Temple

paulchua likes this.
  15. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    IndySB, ronfrohock, Allen S. and 6 others like this.
  16. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Haha! Yeah, my son loves it (we went on a 50 mile cruise the first day and several other shorter drives). My daughter still likes the 911 more but is slowly warming up to the Mondial. I took the car to drop them both off at school yesterday and they're asking to do it again. ;)

The car runs and drives fantastic. It's smooth, quick, and sounds incredible. It's due for a belt and tensioner change and Brian will probably be the guy for the job. I'll be reaching out to him in the next few days.

2cam

WilyB likes this.
  17. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    You’re very(!!) fortunate to have one of the most revered Ferrari mechanics/techs so close by. How does the f car compare to the p?

Temple

18. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    What a great looking Mondial!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

WilyB likes this.
  19. milko1969

milko1969 Formula 3

Feb 21, 2012
    Breda, Holland
    Full Name:
    Milko
    Hello.

Great wheels. What are the seizes and brand? Are They also for sale in europe?

20. IndySB

IndySB Rookie

Aug 2, 2018
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Good to hear from you Stephane! Am I correct that the wheels are 3pc Speedlines? 19x9.5 front and 19x10.5 rear? I mounted 245/35ZR19 and 285/30ZR19 Yokohama Advan Sport V105 tires, fit and look great!

21. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Love those wheels. So much so that I tried to buy them again for the next few cars but unfortunately they were discontinued. They are actually 2 pc. Speedline knock-off's, so not even a brand name you can track down today. I bought them from a Highline dealer in Florida who had the worst customer service on the planet but they were selling those wheels like hotcakes back then. Take good care of them, and enjoy the car, it is a blast! Here is a pic for you. How can anyone not love the Mondial coupes???

Attached Files:

IndySB, paulchua and 2cam like this.
  22. IndySB

IndySB Rookie

Aug 2, 2018
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks for the info, and the pic! You were even brave enough to crack the sunroof open, I've not done so yet other than just seeing that the switch works.

I attempted to drive home from Detroit to Indianapolis after I purchased it, but developed a serious exhaust leak about halfway and played it safe, put it on a flatbed for the remainder of the trip. Was afraid it had a cracked exhaust manifold, of course on the impossible to reach side, but after tearing into it I found that an exhaust gas recirculation plug from when it was de-smogged had worked its way out of the head and somehow was still laying on top of the manifold. Easy fix, reinstalled plug, reassembled and is running great.

I've made several small repairs and am having some upholstery work done next week. I replaced all the lid struts, for which I had to source a top mounting bracket for the rear trunk lid strut and found supposedly the last one out of Italy through Algar Ferrari. Installed a new AGM red top Odyssey battery, went through the fusebox and treated all connections with Stabilant 22A, which made the windows work twice as fast, also disabled the catalytic control units since the previous owner had installed a catless exhaust and the "slow down" lights stayed on constantly. Had a wheel straightened and mounted new rubber, other than that have just been detailing it and enjoying the ride!

23. IndySB

IndySB Rookie

Aug 2, 2018
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    JLF and Allen S. like this.
  24. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Wow. Love it. Looks like it is in good hands. ;)

25. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    sixcarbs, MvT, JLF and 1 other person like this.