Mondial repaint with the correct Grigio tint. | FerrariChat

Mondial repaint with the correct Grigio tint.

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by MvT, Nov 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I've been of the grid sometime, but I have seen some people in the meantime outside the grid :) We drove with a group of Mondials to Italy and right before that I started to dismantle my Mondial for a repaint so that I would be finished for that trip. However, at that time I would not know I would not make it.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/mondial-euro-trip-2016.531764/

Some unexpected turns in my life falied in enough time to get it ready. Nevertheless we went anyway with my commuter, which I turned into a corporate F assistance car :)

I moved to a different place with a piece of ground which has no garage yet and my Mondial is stored on my old place. I feel kind of what PVDirk is going through when he moved, but I need to say the distances are much more unrealistic to just go to your Mondail. I just need to travel 15min and I'm there :)

Also in the meantime I had contact with the first owner via facebook where his daughter is a member and exchanged some details.

At this moment my Mondial is put together again and some minor things need to be done. I will take you through some process over the last year what I did and of course with some pics!

and thx for the enjoyable F-time of the Grid! the order of names has nothing to do with the amount of fun! :p bartzagato, Journiacois, stekkefun4, Enzo360, Bellbloke, kinnie, Alden, and almost the entire Dutch section. Great fun thanks guys!

-------
    Ok now we get to the whole meaning of the Mondial section :):)

Some of you might know I had some damage on the Mondial driving it, some of it my own fault and some of it by others, but taking your Mondial out on the road comes with a certain risk.

Now it was time to fix my garage damage. My garage jack failed while jacking it up and it beat up my left rear sill. with some heat and hammer tools I got it in shape again.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jeka likes this.
  2. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Jeka likes this.
  3. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Sir which flavor of tint would you like? the correct one of course. :p
    Now the inner one was not the original and still to dark. Also the metallic particles where not the correct ones. This is ordinary metallic and Grigio is aluminum based. This is something I learn from the painter.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    oops, so the PF emblems were not removed for painting?

5. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My favourite colour on the Mondial, bet it will look great when refinished :)

WilyB likes this.
  6. Freerange72

Freerange72 Karting

May 22, 2017
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Donnie
    My favourite color as well... Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jjmalez, WilyB, enzo360 and 2 others like this.
  7. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    What can I say other then someone took it the easy way. The last layer of paint has totally been removed.

I can already tell you that it does ;) some pics in a few days.

And to think I had a very tiny thought of painting it another color. I'm happy that I took the original color again :)

WilyB likes this.
  8. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #8 MvT, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    MaseratiMike likes this.
  9. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
  10. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Bumper repairs. Both bumpers had damage in an accidents with the first owner and it was not repaired that well. In fact the rear one was broken in 2 pieces and was not lined up properly. Redid both bumpers and they are ok again, but it was some extensive work.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

EXCELSE, Jeka and Roward7 like this.
  11. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Re-sanding was finished and time for a second primer layer before the color is applied.
    The whole car was stripped, trims, door handles, rubbers, fuel cap and kit removed from the windshield.

The roof line stayed as they are very delicate and no replacement parts anymore.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
  13. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
  14. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Thanks for the likes guys!

15. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Question: in which color did you repaint the B-pillar section next to the door (where the door hinges are located)? I have been doing some research with the golden one and concluded that was originally done in black. Same for the gutter around the engine and trunk lids.

16. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    It's correct that the inside is originally black like all Ferrari's. Mine is still the original paint on the inside. Thus black :) I have no intention to re-paint that section as it is good enough. some minor patina, but no rust or paint pealing. I like some of it still the original paint.

17. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    It's out! now let it sit for 6 weeks to let the paint dry in.
    I had photo's of the respray itself, but it seems I have lost them while my phone died last year :eek:

PV Dirk likes this.
  18. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Looking good paintjob....do you have a name for here(the car)? Zilvervloot ?!

Guido

19. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I call her Lady Grey on the forum. She has a will of her own, but that is not uncommon for Ferraris :p

20. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    love the color

21. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Thx! that was why I bought it initially and after seeing it in real life I fell in love with the interior color!

-----------------------------

Here is a painting pics not good quality though.. but it is all I have for the moment.

StuR likes this.
  22. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    love that color

23. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name: