Mondial T dipped beam problem | FerrariChat

Mondial T dipped beam problem

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Rupp3r, Sep 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rupp3r

Rupp3r Karting

Aug 26, 2016
    France
    Hello

I am facing a problem with my Mondial T since my right dipped beam is not working.

Things I have tried:
    -the right light assembly works on the left side of the car
    -the left light assembly doesn't work on the right side of the car
    -the fuses are fine
    -the relay is fine (swapped with a fan one and the same)

Here is where it starts to be interesting:
    -I have 12V when measuring the tension on the electric connector from the car
    -if I connect a small led light, it is barely lighting an the tension drops to 8V
    -If I do the same on the left side of the car, the led light is lighting strong

-I tried the same experiment by placing the led light at the place of the fuse and I have the same behavior: the led flashes weakly at the place of the right fuse (but a little bit better than on the connector) but very strongly at the place of the left fuse...

I think the guilty would be either my loom or something more higher than that like the fusebox, since the problem is already here at the place of the fuses.

I know that the Mondial fusebox is known for its problem but apart from this the electric of my car is really fine..

Do you have any idea regarding my problem?
    Could this be in my fuse box..?

2. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Chances are it really is your fusebox causing that. I had to replace the fusebox board on one of my cars because of a similar problem last year.

But it could also be caused by the cable tree, or the ground connection in that area (black wire connected to the chassis just next to the right pop-up headlight). Make sure the ground connection is clean.

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Try fitting a temporary extra earth wire to see if it works, if so clean up the earth connections.

4. Rupp3r

Rupp3r Karting

Aug 26, 2016
    France
    Hello

Thank your for your inputs.

Is there a different ground connection at the front for each head light?

Is it possible to remove one of the fuse plastic holder to inspect for the connection or is the only solution to replace or to fully rebuild it? :(

5. belfry

belfry Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Batt
    I had the same issue. It was the wiring between the fusebox and the light. I wired a 12v lead direct from the correct fuse in the fuse box to the lamp fitting. It works fine now, although I will replace the original wiring at some stage.