Mondial T Fuel Lines

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Peter, Oct 11, 2021.

  1. Peter

    Peter F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

    Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I looked through the search function here and didn't find the answer to this; I will be replacing the two fuel pressure regulators ('89 Mondial T Cab with Motronic 2.5) soon and much like what I did to my 308 GT4 on a couple of occasions, I would like to replace all of the fuel lines while I have the system drained of fuel.

    I noticed the Bosch pressure regulators use - on the pressure side - a different type of threaded connection, which, after looking into it, appears to be a metric type. From what I can gather, this is some kind of DIN or ISO standard.

    Before I head to our company's hydraulic supplier with the regulators in my hand, does anyone know the specific type of fitting used and is it only used with these, or are they used throughout the fuel system (rail ends, filter connections and at the fuel pumps)? I don't have anything apart yet on my car, I want to know beforehand.

    I would like to use stainless braided PTFE teflon hose with the appropriate hose ends as a replacement. The hose is common enough (and I already have a supply of it), but it seems only SAE and JIC type of fittings are available for it. Do I have to source out the ends from a European supplier?

    Thanks in advance.

    Image Unavailable, Please Login
  2. To remove this ad click here.

  3. stekkefun4

    stekkefun4 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed BANNED

    Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
  4. JLF

    JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

    Sep 8, 2009
    Do you sell those Strekke? That’s next on my list as well.

  5. Peter

    Peter F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

    Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Wow, those look beautiful. I see that the fittings used are of a machine-crimped type. I'm looking for "field-rebuildable" type, as I can assemble these myself.

    Considering you're in Belgium, I suppose these fittings are more common there? Your source for these please?

    A reference page which details various connections, lists what I believe are these type of fittings. Can anyone confirm if these hoses use the metric type (ISO 8434-1)?:

    Hydraulic Hose Fittings Charts - JIC, NPT, SAE, ORFS (

Share This Page