mondial T on ebay | FerrariChat

mondial T on ebay

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by cossiemetro, Mar 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cossiemetro

cossiemetro Karting

Sep 4, 2005
    essex
    Full Name:
    tony
    should be interesting they have had it for ages seems strange a ferrari dealer using e-bay ????? unless its going cheap????

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    The UK trade is waking up to the fact that Ebay whilst full of scammers and frauds (some of whom are trying to sell Ferraris ;) )its a really good marketing tool, most of the big American dealers use it, so its good to see Karl advertising on there

Be interesting to see what his T goes for, my guess will be around £16k, a great bargain for a practical Ferrari thats £10k less than its 2 door equivilant.
    Whilst I havent seen this car in person no doubt its up to Verdi's normal very high standards.

3. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    ..."2 door", methinks "2 seat" is what you meant...
    :D

4. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    you mean your's hasn't got 4 doors ;)

5. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    Pass the angle grinder...

6. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    :D :D, no don't do that!

7. cossiemetro

cossiemetro Karting

Sep 4, 2005
    essex
    Full Name:
    tony
    that T just finished a minter it made £13,100 did'nt even make the reserve
    whats that say about the market i think people are over pricing there cars a bit IMHO

8. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

Shocking and sad - same car would have pulled double that Stateside. UK consumer market has been driven down by chavs who use a "nail" as a pricing reference point, and the internet actually helps compound the drop of good cars.
    The ONLY prices that doesn't spiral downwards is property. It's a very strange scenario.

9. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M

10. cossiemetro

cossiemetro Karting

Sep 4, 2005
    essex
    Full Name:
    tony
    its a bit of both i suppose everybody thinks thir car is a gem but market trends dictate i'm not spending my hard earned on a car because somebody thinks thats what its worth otherwise we would all be car salesman i'd love a mondy T but i'm not paying dealer prices for a private car

11. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    think that was a dealer (verdi ?) car, and at that money was extremely cheap.
    Put into context, my mum just bought a Toyota Yaris for £10K.

12. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

13. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Not of course forgeting the its a mondial yuck discount......years of being slated by idiots who at best haven't compared them to period competitors and worst haven't driven them full stop (lots of people around who will recomend a car based on what they've read rather than what they know!)

As well as they blindingly obvious "my Evo/scoobie/saxo;) will beat that" reasoning, and the fact that there have never been so many used Ferraris to choose from, part of the 80's boom was driven by a demand for the cars........which when you've only really got 15 years of production of at most 3-4000 a year means there are never enough used cars for the demand........we now have 30 years + of 4000 units a year production to choose from and money has never been cheaper (why have an old mondy when you can LEASE a newer 360!)

14. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

15. Fractiousgit

Fractiousgit Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Ade

Because i OWN mine Andrew and would never get into debt for a car,there are some of us out here who don`t and won`t.But yes,I fear on the whole that you are right.My Integrales were faster than my Mondy,would i swap back.................no.How many RHD Mondials were made? How many awful looking Imprezza`s?(IMHO of course)

I am of the opinion that Mondials and 308`s will go up rather than down,as 328`s did,due simply to the fact that they can be worked on relatively cheaply and are a classic looking Ferrari(not that i`m biased of course).This was not a consideration when buying mine,i needed a four seater and had a budget to work to.They don`t have all the electric gizmos to go wrong with them,other than the damned air con!Again!Never mind,it ain`t summer yet and it has two windows anyway.

I don`t think i will ever upgrade to 355,360 etc etc,the repair costs are frightening to all but the wealthy amongst us.

My tuppence.

16. Fractiousgit

Fractiousgit Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Ade

17. cossiemetro

cossiemetro Karting

Sep 4, 2005
    essex
    Full Name:
    tony

18. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

19. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG

20. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    That would have been a much better & worthwhile test but it would not have entertained the target audience of 16-25 years olds.
    Over many years Top Gear built a reputation as a TV equivalent of Which magazine but for cars. It now is a the TV programme featuring cars aimed at the punters who buy lads magazines.
    I find that if I bear these facts in mind I can quite enjoy Top Gear and Clarksons videos...

21. Fractiousgit

Fractiousgit Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Ade
    There is a post of mine somewhere on here that explains the overpriced Mondials i looked at before getting mine.Take your time,there are good ones out there.Adnaans looks very nice ,if you want a T.

22. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden

23. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Malc I'm shocked and disgusted that you think the Top Gear team would risk damaging their reputation as serious journalists by doing such a thing just to give the piece more of a sensationalist kick................next you'll be telling me the Autoweek journalist wrote that article on Napolis's Enzo last week based on info he culled from Fchat........:D

Yours, disgusted from Cheshire!

24. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    TG is seriously entertaining. It is for me the best programme on TV.

It is after all what telly is all about ;)

I know Clarkson hates Mondials, that makes it all the cooler to own one :D

25. cossiemetro

cossiemetro Karting

Sep 4, 2005
    essex
    Full Name:
    tony
    i see verdi did'nt sell the car its back in the autotrader again
    at the same price