Mondial t overheating | FerrariChat

Mondial t overheating

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by johnish, Jun 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnish

johnish Karting

Jun 21, 2004
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Isherwood
    My 1992 Mondial t overheats. I've checked that the fans come on at the right temperature, and go off at the right temp, but after I have had a three figure run, then drop down into traffic, the fans can't contain the temperature, and the poor thing boils. Water levels are OK, the system has been bled. Has anyone else had this problem?

If so, how did you cure it?

Will I need a new radiator?

2. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    First step would probably be to try changing the thermostat - it could be sticking. Next thought would be a water pump on its way south or the radiator......

I.

3. Cafe racer

Cafe racer Rookie

Mar 22, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Nigel Waterfall
    My T does exactly the same thing, fine at speed but overheating in traffic, I changed the temperature sensor in the radiator as the fans didn’t seem to be working. New sensor fitted & fans cut in at 90c.

However the problem continued, on a test drive things seemed ok (still a little warm - but it was a hot day) anyway while taking my car for its major service the problem re-appeared, initially things were fine, probably because i was travelling on a major road (for over an hour) temperature was at 90! However as soon as i changed to smaller roads & speed reduced the temperature started to climb (hitting 115 at one point)

After some research it seems that (from the 348 forum) the fan connectors can corrode causing the fans to run slow or stop, I have passed this information onto the workshop & lets see what happens! I have asked them to flush the system & have fitted a new thermostat anyway.

If this doesn’t solve the problem i will have to do some more work!

I will post up results whatever happens!

4. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

a former colleague collected his brand new T from the factory. On his drive back to London and hitting high temps he dropped it straight into Maranello UK.

They discovered fans were incorrectly wired and resulting in fans on at low temp and fans off at high.