Mondials For Sale | Page 58 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
  2. mike dougherty

Feb 27, 2010
    not a bad car

price crazy

i'm looking for a T ...low mileage no stories

pay a bit of a premium for the right car

PM me for a cash deal

3. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Curious, what do you consider "low mileage" as the newest Mondial is 15 years old?

Regards,
    Jerry

4. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    I’m guessing under 20-25k, that seems to be the “normal” demarcation line between maintained cars and high-mileage examples (in the insane world of Ferrari-land.

5. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    For a Mondial, that is about 1000 miles per year or less. You are right, Ferrari world is a bit insane.

Although I think there is a difference between low miles and not low miles, my original question and whether a car is maintained or not maintained.

I have 42k on my 1989, purchased in 2011 with about 28k on it. I don't like to keep totals on maintenance and repair costs (and upgrades) as it doesn't seem as expensive not to know!! :) And really, what's the difference? If she needs maintenance, she needs it!

That way, the Minister or War and Finance is kept blissfully unaware.... ;)

Regards,
    Jerry

paulchua and Temple like this.
  6. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Very, VERY artfully said (re the Minister of War and Finance)!! I like your sense of humor!! Or maybe I should say I like your sense of decorum!!

Temple

7. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    And for the record imho a car the age of a Mondial, even a t, that has LESS than 25k miles is not a low-mileage example, but very possibly a neglected example. I’ll take a a “high-mileage car” w/ 40k on the odometer over a “low-mileage car” w/ 20k on the odometer EVERY DAY of the week (and twice on Sunday). If it is a “very high mileage car” w/ 60k on the odometer all the better; as that means, even more than any service history, that the car has been properly looked after and maintained!! And here the best part- a better looked after car, a more “sorted” car at 1/2 the price!! I love the “insanity” in Ferrari-land (a better car at 1/2 the price- lol)!!

Of course ymmv.

Temple

MaseratiMike and gsfent like this.
  8. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    It is just a sense of self preservation! ;)

Regards,
    Jerry

Temple likes this.
  9. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid

I couldn't agree more! I bought my 85 Mondial with 64K miles. Even better, it had a history (either maintenance, oil change, or state inspection) that showed consistent use every year of it's existence. She checked out great when I bought her, and she runs great now! I put about 1500 miles a year on her, and so far (knock on wood) not a single major issue. The more I drive her, the better she runs. I try to give her an "Italian tune-up" at least once every 2 months. She really seems to run better after a hard run.

In my personal opinion, Ferrari built these cars to drive. Not to sit and be admired as "Art". High mileage, as long as the car has been maintained, is a good thing.

Sid

10. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    My t was imported when almost new, in the early 90's

LOL, yeah, sure. My one owner (me) "neglected" 8,000 miles t looks and operates as if not better than when new 28 years ago, and it has always been maintained by factory trained top mechanics. Poor neglected t... :p

11. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I am doing the math. Is that about 300 miles PER YEAR?

Regards,
    Jerry

12. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    LOL, yeah, sure. My one owner (me) "neglected" 8,000 miles t looks and operates as if not better than when new 28 years ago, and it has always been maintained by factory trained top mechanics. Poor neglected t... :p[/QUOTE]

Of course, as in all things, there are exceptions to the rule. You know how I feel about your car WilyB. As they say here in Italy, bellisima!! I’d love to see her again, I promise this time to control my drooling.

Temple

WilyB likes this.
  13. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    paulchua likes this.
  14. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I think BAT is a place where cars sell for fair market value.

paulchua and gsfent like this.
  15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    ROFL - hahaha thanks for the heads up. That's healthy money. Looks like it needs a major. 50K and call it a day.

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/motoring/in-pictures-the-uks-first-dedicated-ferrari-auction/

Capitalising on this demand, Silverstone Auctions is hosting the country’s first ever dedicated Ferrari auction, with 33 stunning cars set to go under the hammer on Friday, March 18.

It’s being held at Silverstone circuit in association with the Ferrari Owners’ Club, and several lots are set to raise sums well into six figures.

Here are a few of our favourites

Estimate £50,000-£60,000
    The Mondial has to be the most maligned Ferrari ever... the once-awkward styling is aging well, and as a four-seat classic grand tourer, the Mondial has a lot going for it.

17. mike dougherty

Feb 27, 2010
    still looking for a low mileage Mondial T

any color

no stories

PM me

18. MakoShark222

MakoShark222 Rookie

Aug 20, 2012
    Agency Missouri
    Full Name:
    James Grove
    I guess I screwed up then. :( I bought this 1989 Mondial t and it only had 40 some hundred miles. Now I have about 8k or so and just sits waiting till cash in time. hahhaha. Needs a clutch and has some minor front bumper damage (launched into park touched bush) but its a sweet car. I'm a Corvette guy because I couldn't afford a Ferrari most of my life and this was/turned out to be the best deal I've ever made on a car.

Some day if I need money or someone offers me some wild price I'll sell it but if not the car will just sit and sit till my kids have to sell it after I die. My kids know what the car is all about.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

paulchua likes this.
  19. hypoluxa

hypoluxa Karting

Jan 6, 2018
  20. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    These cars are as good as their maintenance history. Examples left sitting around can cost $20k to get in good order real quick. It’s also known that examples with higher mileage and maintenance history are more reliable.
    Not saying a low mileage car won’t command a premium someday, but I don’t suggest differed maintenance and playing the waiting game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. bencollins

bencollins Karting

May 30, 2015
    Whaplode, Lincs, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben Collins
    paulchua likes this.
  22. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Holy cow!! What a good deal.

paulchua likes this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Keep in mind Silverstone has a high commission and VAT (15% over sale price) after that and USD conversion is about 82k

Still a huge bargain!

24. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    The published price included the buyer's premium of 12.5%.

I know you are trying to keep a log Paul so here you go.

The buyer paid 52,875 GBP (About $71,000) and the seller let it go for 47,000 GBP (About $63,000). Makes more sense that the bidding went to 47,000 as opposed to 52,875. ;)

paulchua likes this.