Mondials For Sale | Page 59 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Ah I see thank you for correction, I will.adjust!!

2. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    It's interesting that the MSRP of cabriolets were about $30k more expensive than coupes. It seems like coupes now yield the same, if not more than cabriolets.

3. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    It's interesting that the MSRP of cabriolets were about $30k more expensive than coupes. It seems like coupes now yield the same, if not more than cabriolets.

4. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    You can say that again. :p

5. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Is that worldwide or only here in the US? Do we want what we don't have? Is it the look? Structural rigidity?

I personally love the coupe, but with my cab I have the choice to have both with minimal compromise. I don't feel any body roll, but haven't compared it to a coupe either.

paulchua likes this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Agreed, I think function of regional supply.

alexion likes this.
  7. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    I think definitely regionally related!! If you’re looking for coupes Europe your best bet. If you’re in the market for a cab the deals are in the U.S. Its all about numbers (supply vs demand). Plenty of cabs here in the US, coupes more of a rarity. It’s the exact opposite in Europe. Someone just posted somewhere in this forum the numbers of US coupes and cabs vs rest of world.

Temple

8. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    Has it ever been titled in the USA if you do not mind me asking?

9. mike dougherty

Feb 27, 2010
    any one know of the white T for sale on e-bay

33K miles and currently at $31K

10. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
  11. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
  12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  13. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    There was a black t coupe for sale that was in AZ a couple years ago. Before that it was as in Fla I believe. If it is the same car one of the members here looked at her, wasn’t it you Wade? Lots of rust in rear trunk area is what I remember most vividly.

Temple

14. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Merlin has a Mondi cab up now w/ 20k miles on her; asking $80,000.00. The coupe Merlin advert/listing has 40k miles; no price yet.

Temple

15. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    The Merlin prices seem to be at the very high end... Or are these prices for Mondials/328/TR's common in the USA nowadays?

16. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    Merlin always has very high prices and IMO not really reflective of the true market in the US. Of course those of us that already own one would like to see them get to that level.

17. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I would be surprised if they were able to sell something...

18. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    As an example, Enthusiast Auto Group sells BMW's for up to 10x their perceived value. Some people critique what they do, but the fact is, they service, then sell turn-key cars for those numbers and don't move on the price. Maybe they sell 5-10 cars a year and hit "home runs" vs. moving 50 cars for a small profit. People are paying for the due diligence, peace of mind, and an unmolested, no stories, fully sorted car. Similar business model to Merlin.

If you're a bargain hunter, there's no perceived value. If you want the best, what's $80k for a 30 year old, limited production Ferrari? I'm guessing there's an ass for every seat.

Now...if we, as owners stop giving these cars away, they will sell for more money, eventually. A common theme that I've noticed of late is, cars that are due for or overdue for their next major are selling for the prices that well sorted examples were selling for 3-4 years ago. Owners are not seeing the equity/justification of performing another service and are dumping their cars. If serviced cars commanded a premium, like the one Merlin is selling, that would change the entire market.

19. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Well you'll be happy to know there is a 45,000 km Valeo coupe listed in Italy since February for 128,000 Euros. Someone is taking the lead!

Regarding the Merlin car, as I discussed earlier, I don't like the games they played marking it sale pending, then sold, then bringing it back. Of course that's their right to do so, just like they can price it wherever they like. I just don't respect the former.

20. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Fair points Alex but is Merlin selling fully sorted “turn-key” cars? My guess is no. If I am to understand the international market it seems that dealers here in the US “over-price” their cars as a negotiating “starting point” and that “asking” prices are negotiable. In Europe it would appear that the “ask” is a lot more “solid” a price (read: much less negotiable). In the case of the t coupe here I very much doubt it will be a “turn-key” example, more I think it a dealer who wants to capitalize on the love the Mondial, especially the t, has been seeing in the last 6-12 months.

Temple

21. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    128,000 Euros!? That's ridiculous...unless someone buys it :eek:

I wasn't aware of that, but if that was the case, they should explain. They are active on this forum and commented on the yellow t posting the other day.

22. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I'm not sure actually. I thought they advertised their cars as needing nothing, but that might be another seller who also lists their vehicles on the high end of the spectrum. I agree with the ask relative to the wiggle room. I don't think one should ask $80k if they intend to sell for $60k, but with these cars, I feel like dealers will always take a shot at a homerun.

This is why I like BaT...Sure it's not as penetrated as eBay, but cars sell with open discussions, questions answered, quality pictures, and the propulsion of other bidders. eBay is a game of, I want that car, but no one is going to buy it, so I'll wait until it's relisted for less money. BaT is s*** or get off the pot!

gsfent likes this.
  23. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Called up Merlin; the ask on the t coupe is 75 grand. It is being serviced right now. I was told it might be several days before it is “up” on the web-site (pics, description, etc.)

Temple

24. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Yes,
    Merlin's car is different. The rusty one I wanted, did a ppi as well, was black with grey leather... I don't have the VIN in front of me, but it's a different number than Merlin's car.

25. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Yes; confirmed w/ Merlin. Car is out of Mass. I was correct, I thought it was you Wade who looked at that other black t coupe when it was in Fla. I especially remember the pics you took of the trunk (rust!!). From Fla it ended up in AZ where it was for sale about 2 yrs ago. When I contacted the seller then he told me it was sold. Looked to be a VERY neglected example. My guess is you (Wade) saw the car 4-5 yrs ago(?)