Mondials For Sale | Page 60 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    At least in today's market, for $75k it damn well better have a service!!!

Funny how the cab is priced higher??? Only 40 U.S. t coupes. And the roofs don't leak! ;)

Regards,
    Jerry

2. EXCELSE

EXCELSE Karting

Nov 27, 2014
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Brughia
  3. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
  4. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    The t coupe is “high mileage” (sic), 40 k vs 20 k, that’s why it’s higher priced Jerry

gsfent likes this.
  5. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    You have to laugh. Only in the Ferrari world is a 30 year old car with 40k miles considered "higher" mileage! ;)

Regards,
    Jerry

6. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Exactly!! You do have to laugh!! Even with 40k that’s a little over 1k a year- it’s still pretty much brand new!! Lol

7. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
  8. amerlin

amerlin Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2013
    Mondials are one of the greatest Ferrari secrets of all time. The car gets a lot of "negative" coverage, but I have to believe these are people that have a). Never Driven one and B). Do not have children that require the back seat!

The Mondial T (both coupe and Convertible) are outstanding cars, and yes, the prices sure are rising! Maybe that is because they only made approx 800 T Coupes worldwide and only 43 of those came to the states. Apparently, they also only made about 1080 Mondial T Cabs, with fewer than 400 coming to the states. Looks like supply and demand might be the cause of the increased value. Might also simply be the lack of sub $100k Ferrari models still on the market??

Merlin Auto Group and paulchua like this.
  9. EXCELSE

EXCELSE Karting

Nov 27, 2014
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Brughia
    I just can not imagine the separation of the Mondial 500 and the Admiral.
    For me they are one and undividable.

Regards,

Hans

paulchua likes this.
  10. Split S

Split S Rookie

Aug 22, 2015
    Have any of you seen Mondials come up for sale that need an engine rebuild? What kind of discount could be expected for a car like that?

From what I gather they seem like robust cars, so maybe that's not so common. Thanks! (First post)

11. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I would think a $20k discount should be in order in comparing a similar car with similar mileage.

paulchua likes this.
  12. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Typically, said car will suffer from other issues too. The devil is in the details. Without driving it too, your at a loss to establish what other needs it may have.

paulchua likes this.
  13. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I agree with this as well...And as the OP mentioned, these are generally robust cars, meaning if they need an engine rebuild, they were likely neglected and need additional attention.

paulchua likes this.
  14. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    I wouldn’t think a “split s” and an a-6 would go together. It would certainly be a slow one.

15. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Nice shot of the a-6 though.

16. Merlin Auto Group

Merlin Auto Group Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 18, 2016
    Atlanta
    Hi all. Wanted to share our points on a few comments made...

Not sure how this happened? Are we referring to the black Mondial T Coupe that was marked sale pending at one point?

Our inventory is automatically posted to our site each time we stock a vehicle into our dealer management system. There are times we take them down after the fact, if we know it may be a few weeks before the car is ready to be advertised, which will produce a "Sold" banner automatically as well. I'm wondering if perhaps this may have been the case on the Coupe, provided we're referencing that car?

If we were just buying cars, taking nice photos, throwing them up online, and asking for top dollar, I would agree that this is a nonsensical approach. This, however, is not our approach.

We do invest a great deal of resources to ensure each car is "turn key" by the time it gets delivered. For example, we just sold a 1985 308 wherein one of our technicians spent over 100 hours of time in performing the belt service, as well as replacing aged gaskets/seals/fuel lines/hoses/brake lines/etc. In other words, we do our very best to ensure we overlook nothing, and address anything that appears to be amiss (yes, even the AC should blow cold ;)). Deferring maintenance/repairs is not in our playbook.

We're no stranger to what it means to take a F355 in for it's 5-year belt service (a feat in and of itself), only to learn the cost just doubled once the engine was out and more was revealed. Rarely do we find a car "just needs belts", as represented. We'll even re-do an entire engine-out service if our shop foreman doesn't approve of the work done by the previous shop.

I'd wager that we could count on one hand the number of sellers who operate with the same standards, and are willing to stand behind the car after the fact. I'm not implying others are wrong for having a different selling approach; we've simply opted for a different mission. As such, we're not the place to shop for a bargain and it's still a "good day" if we make friends with those who share the passion but aren't looking for what we offer. There are other cars to pursue, no doubt.

I appreciate the perspective that many of you bring to the table in these forums, including this one. Most of us here are Ferrari-people and love everything the brand stands for. It is our goal to support a healthy market for these special cars, and we are proud to be a part of their evolution.

If anyone has questions/needs clarity on our process, feel welcome to give us a shout. My cell is 404-909-6794. Our owner (Adam)'s cell is 404-886-5031

I've attached a few photos of the Mondial T coupe during the service process. It's still in progress, but we're nearing the end. She's coming along nicely and we'll have photos up soon enough! With only a limited number of "T" coupes brought into the US, we are very pleased to have this one!

- Meagan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Surge74 and Wade like this.
  17. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid

I've seen a couple.

Last year, a completely disassembled Mondial 8 was sold in Florida. Engine was out and totally disassembled. I bid on it up to $8K. I think it eventually went for $12K.

Last month, AaronATS (on this site) bought a Mondial that wasn't running. I think the asking price was $19K. Not sure how much he actually gave. https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/advice-on-ebay-8.575615/#post-145977520

Sid

18. amerlin

amerlin Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2013
    If this happened, this was an error on our part. As many of you know, we do not play games, we sell fully sorted turn-key Ferraris, and while some disagree with our prices, others appreciate the piece of mind that comes with buying a Ferrari from us, and understand that usually the "cheap" Ferraris turn out to cost the most

19. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Re the Merlin t coupe (no affiliation, etc): I have spoken to Chris at Merlin and must say he has been very forthcoming about the history of the car and the work being done on it now (in house); I’ve even been provided pics of the work in progress. Thank you Merlin.

Temple

Merlin Auto Group likes this.
  20. Split S

Split S Rookie

Aug 22, 2015
    All, thanks for the input, I appreciate it. And Temple, you're right a Split S in a Prowler didn't work!

21. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    trumpet77 likes this.
  22. pappy.72

pappy.72 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2010
    Elgin, IL
    Full Name: