Mondials For Sale | Page 64 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. milko1969

milko1969 Formula 3

Feb 21, 2012
    Breda, Holland
    Full Name:
    Milko
    Mine has done 118.000 Miles and is still going strong!!!!!

davemqv and paulchua like this.
  2. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm surprised no one is interested in this. It's a great example. 3.2, 9500 miles, Red/Crema, great condition.
    Check the Ferrari for sale section, contact info is there.

DavidJ

3. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    djs308 and paulchua like this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It belonged to my friend Dr. Benjamin Brown. He was a huge Mondial enthusiast. The 25K engine rebuild is absolutely true, done with no expense spared by GMP cars. From what I know, it should be a worry-free car, it was absolutely cherished. If you look at my blog, you'll see a write up done by Mr. Brown about his car.

Feel free to ask me more questions.

2cam and davemqv like this.
  5. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    $32,500 for a car that recently had a $25,000 engine rebuild!! Holy cow. You're basically getting the car itself for $7,500. That's the bargain of the year.

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing, Paul.

paulchua likes this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Yeah it's a great deal, he had lots of custom cool stuff in it too. I suspect low price is due to high mileage.

davemqv likes this.
  7. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Thanks Paul. That's a great post on your blog.

I reached out to the contact today and it appears that the car is being sold through an intermediary in Tiburon called Surrey Car Company. Apparently, I would pay them and they would pay the owners. I haven't worked through an intermediary like that before (just direct with owners or dealers). Have you guys dealt with an intermediary before? My cybersecurity career-fueled paranoia has me questioning the legitimacy of such a transaction.

Thanks!

2cam

paulchua likes this.
  8. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Go for it Mike!! Looks like a great example at a fantastic price, high mileage (sic) be damned!! Best of luck.

Temple

2cam likes this.
  9. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Meh, I'm not concerned about mileage. I'm looking for a nice driver to enjoy - not a car to stick in a museum. The ultimate for me would be nice, clean (but not necessarily perfect), higher-mileage, maintained QV or 3.2 Coupe that isn't black or white. Red with tan or Silver with tan, blue, or red interior would be great as well.

2cam

paulchua likes this.
  10. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    I know you don’t care about mileage!! Haha, hence my “sic” after describing it as high mileage (and my “be damned” comment). I mean 70k mikes on a car that is +25 yrs old is high mileage?!?! What a joke!! In the Porsche world this car would be considered almost new!! Lol. Certainly it wouldn’t be considered high mileage!! Only in the insane world of Ferrari-land is 70k miles on a >25 yo old car considered “high” mileage. I know you think similarly but to me high mileage means the car has been regularly driven, and that means it’s been well cared for/looked after (and fully sorted!!). I think this car is a steal at 32k!! You should definitely go after her if everything checks out. Best of luck.

Temple

2cam, davemqv and paulchua like this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I don't know much about Surrey Car Company, so sorry I can't vouch for them. He lived near Sausalito, so going with a Tiburon company makes sense. I can tell you unless somebody got a hold of photos of the car and is pulling something funny, it's the real deal. I would still recommend a PPI done =Things could have happened since the last service. You should be able to talk to all parties in person. I wouldn't hesitate to call his wife or son too. I would also call GMP cars as well and talk to them to understand specifically the 25K in service. They know him well. I last saw Ben last year, and I was shocked to hear of his passing. He LOVED that car. He added a really nice aftermarket sound system, a Tubi, and has all the accessories.

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Here is the post of some pictures we took in April 2017.

Here is his obituary

Ben, rest in peace.

2cam likes this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I agree. I would argue the best thing to do is have the PPI done, if you're satisfied, fly out here and hand them the check in person get the pink sheet.

Drive er' home!

14. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    #1589 2cam, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Hmmm. I'm conflicted on this one. It looks like a nicely-maintained car with loving, long-term ownership at a very reasonable price. The flights to SFO over the next couple of days are pretty cheap. I've been checking into covered transport costs back to Texas - not too bad. However, as dumb as it sounds, I'm just not in love with the T series. :( I much prefer the earlier cars with their lower levels of refinement. Kinda like comparing a torsion-bar 911 to a later 964 or 993. They're all the same, basic platform, but things changed from a feel perspective as the cars matured and evolved in the the later iterations.

Anyone have a nice QV Coupe that they would like to sell (that's not black, white, or Oro)? ;)Something like this: .

2cam

davemqv and paulchua like this.
  15. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Love the color of this, hate the Cab. Deal breaker for me on any future Mondial purchase, and I'll own another for sure, but I have to have a coupe. This color in a coupe would check every box in the book though, and the price just cherries the top.

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I would say stay true to your heart. It's not dumb at all not to like the 't' (or any other car for that matter) - There are pros and cons to the t vs the 3.2, qv.

Don't settle, go with what you really want!

gsfent likes this.
  17. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    silver does look good on the coupe

18. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
  19. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    I believe it's sold, but do have the contact info for the seller if you would like to reach out to them. Send me a PM if you would like to have it.

Cheers,

2cam

20. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Nothing wrong with liking what you like. I happen to agree in this case and while I respect the 3.2 and t (and like them in their cabriolet versions), I strongly prefer the QV and the 8, especially in coupe form. Hang in there, you'll find one!

Actually, isn't there a blue on blue QV for sale in L.A right now? Serviced by GTO in L.A.?

21. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Oops, no sorry - it's a 3.2

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ferrari/mondial/2099109.html

22. billh1963

billh1963 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2004
    Mid-state, South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bill H
    davemqv likes this.
  23. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ah, ok. When you say it was discussed, I take it you mean not lovingly? Sorry, I don't recall discussing this car....wait, blue on blue. Was this the car that had the engine out because it had blown up and was supposedly rebuilt by Rifledriver (I think?). Same car?

24. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    No, that's a different one that you're thinking of (a QV in Austin). HUGE POS. It made its way around here, eBay and even onto BaT at one time. I drove the car and it was wildly misrepresented by the seller.

2cam

davemqv likes this.
  25. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ah, ok. I'm trying to find the old threads about Bill's car. It looks nice and according to the ad someone spent some money on it. It's represented as a well sorted car. Just wondering if that's correct.

paulchua likes this.