Mondipalooza 2013 Hershey PA - Sweetest Mondials on Earth | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Mondipalooza 2013 Hershey PA - Sweetest Mondials on Earth

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jgoodman, Aug 2, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Cool, love the cockpit photo, wonder who's car that is? lol

2. 82MondialQV

82MondialQV Karting

Mar 24, 2012
    Ocean Grove Victoria
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wish I could have come to Mondipalooza and represented the Aussie Mondial owners, maybe next year.

3. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Next year might be in Texas. Well that's what have been said.

4. ssrealty

ssrealty Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Chris Warren
    I created a post to sponsor an event next year. Did not get much traction. Below is the link and original text:

Text..........
    Anyone interested in a 2014 Central Tx Mondipalooza? I could not come close to matching what Jay did, but would be willing to sponsor an event in Austin, Tx.

We could check out bats on Lake Austin (now Lady Bird Lake) with a boat cruise, do a hill country drive to Ferdericksburg, eat lots of BBQ and Mexican food, possibly see a baseball game (minor leaque team- Round Rock Express), check out/tour Austin Ferrari dealership or Moorespeed, go to Ester's Follies comedy club on Sixth St, check out South Congress and eat dinner, go to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels (about 50-60 miles South of Austin), go to a shooting range (It is Texas afterall) and or have pool party for non shooters, possibly meet up with other Ferrari owners from Austin/San Antonio for cruise. If you like history stuff, we could go to state capital, LBJ library, LBJ Ranch, Bob Bullock museum, Lady Bird Wildflower Center, or check out The National Museum of The Pacific War and shop in Fredericksburg.

Just a thought.

Link.............

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mondial/416246-mondipalooza-2014-central-tx.html

Let me know if there is an interest. We discussed spring break, fall time frame, etc. Summer months are hotter here but still could be an option.

5. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Chris I will not commit for this one. It is much further for me. I would have to talk about it with the GF after we know when. But it is not impossible that we could be there.

6. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Google map show around 2000 miles one way. I'm off from work july and august.

7. robogeeks

robogeeks Karting

Sep 15, 2012
    We can attend if it is at the end of June.

We leave for a family vacation right after the 4th of July and get back in August.

8. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #708 soucorp, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Monica,

Did you guys ever figure out why your Mondi didn't start?
    Hope all is well in Miami.

Best
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. robogeeks

robogeeks Karting

Sep 15, 2012
    Wow, that picture is great, you would think we are a wealthy family out for a Sunday drive in our Ferrari, which is kind of true, except for the wealthy part.

Unfortunately we haven't had a chance to work much on the car, we spent so much time getting ready for Mondipalooza that we put a few other things on the backburner, so when we got back home we had a lot of to do. Julian had some projects around the house he wanted to finish, and he had to get ready for the new school year, and I have been traveling a lot for my job, after all, we have to pay the bills. But we did do a little troubleshooting and we are pretty sure the problem is that the fuel pump is not getting enough juice. We are planning to go over all the grounding points, and also look into installing a relay to power the pump directly from the battery. Hopefully we will have time to get some work done on the car soon. The good thing about living in Florida is that we can drive the car year round, so we don't need to be in a hurry, we can take our time and fix it right.

Were you able to take care of that slight oil leak on the right side?

10. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Good to hear from you. Best part of Florida is the nice weather year round.
    My old leak still needs to be looked at, its a drip here and there but totally drivable. I think its from the loose oil sender unit but have not had time to look into it yet. I'll get to it in a few weeks, we've been so busy this summer, its crazy.

Best

11. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Jay,

I absolutely love the photo of the Mondials in front of Geno's!! What a great pic along with some others I saw for your event. Once again, I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

Congrats however, on putting on a fantastic event for such an under appreciated car!

Forza Jay (and the Goodman family) and Forza Ferrari!!

Bill P.

12. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Robogeek and family, If you go to Mondipalooza in Texas and we are there we want you to be our park guide again. We had great time with you.

13. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #713 jgoodman, Sep 5, 2013
    Mondipalooza was all about family. That is what the Mondial does the very best.

Thank you Bill. It was a very special time for me and my family and other Mondial owners. I need to check my cholesterol! Hopefully we'll meet soon.

Chris,

My Mondial is getting a major service as we speak. We are planning to reciprocate and drive our Mondi to Texas. I love the idea. Let's start solidifying the dates. We would love to see everyone again. Roadtrip!!

Robogeeks, your family is truly inspirational. The love is clearly there. You've gotta get ready for Texas 2014. And you guys are again in charge of the evening light show! ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. ssrealty

ssrealty Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Chris Warren
    I would be happy to sponsor an event next year. I know it won't be as successful as the PA event- looks like many Mondial owners live on East region of US. I would hope there are some central or Western US Mondial owners out there. Lots to do in Austin, and we could schedule some road trips with Austin Ferrari and surrounding area club members.

Below are some proposed dates:

Week of March 10th (spring break)
    Mid-Late June - last school day is June 6. I know this varies in other areas.
    Open to fall time frame suggestions

There is a Texas Stars Hockey game on 3/12. Round Rock Express 2014 baseball schedule is not yet published (in case we wanted to do a sport event). There are many home baseball games in June/July. The Dell baseball stadium is also next door to Austin's famous Salt Lick BBQ.

Below are some corresponding websites.

The Salt Lick
    The Official Site of The Round Rock Express | rrexpress.com Homepage
    Texas Stars Hockey

Other things to consider off top of my head- road trip to Fredericksburg, State Capitol, Esther's Follies (local comedy club on 6th st), Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, LBJ Home/library, Schlitterbahn, Lake Austin boat cruise, iFly indoor skydiving, Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, Circuit of Americas, local shooting range, etc.

Let me know if there is an interest.

15. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #715 jgoodman, Sep 6, 2013
  16. robogeeks

robogeeks Karting

Sep 15, 2012
    We were deeply touched by all the kind words.

Claude, we had a blast at the park with your family. We will gladly hang out at any park with you and the family.

Jay, you and your family were the ones that were TRULY inspirational. Your vision and attention to every detail made Mondipalooza so EPIC. There was so much love. It's good in your hood with your brood.

It was also great to see how the spouses and kids all became instant friends.

We also have to thank Mario who helped ignite the fireworks.

Chris, we hope to be there for Mondipalooza Texas 2014, however we won’t be able to make it after July 1. How about mid-June such as Father's Day Weekend 2014?

Monica

17. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    Found out today from davidj about this whole gig. Completely missed it. And I voted to start the Mondial forum on Fchat.... Shame on me. Had the time to swing it this year too. Looks like everyone had a mondi good time.

18. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #718 soucorp, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    I'm having serious MondiPalooza withdrawal. It was too good, thanks again to the Goodmans !

C H E E R S

YouTube disabled the video on mobile platforms because of music copyrights, but it still works on a PC.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtQp0uJS6y8[/ame]

19. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Mike...what a great video. Great times with great people!

My oldest Jules was just talking about her memories there the other day.....

Hope your family, and you are doing well.

Dave

20. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    we both enjoyed watching again. What a fun event. 25% car 75% people. (maybe 20/80)

Thank you.

21. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #721 hank sound, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    Hi, dear Mondial brother & sisters,

My sincere feelings are these - - though your heart races in anticipation of the future, You're advised to not include in that madness, the thought of doing a 2014 (Mondial) event. I say this because I believe It will dilute the uniqueness and "flair" of the event. (2) Every two years - or even less, in terms of frequency, keeps it from being a "club gathering". The benchmark has been set. Something so widespread, yet focused, needs to be (and must remain) special . Cars & coffee events ........ sure, we'll go to them weekend after weekend. But ------------ the "Palooza", Ahh, so different - and should remain "special" - and we wait for it to happen - - just my .02

Cheers, Hank

22. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #722 jgoodman, Oct 24, 2013
  23. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #723 jgoodman, Oct 24, 2013
  24. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #724 jgoodman, Oct 24, 2013
  25. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Awwwww. As we miss you too. So serene now and to think it was filled with Mondials and smiles just a few months ago.