Monster Garage - Totally demented? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Monster Garage - Totally demented?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Sep 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I agree. I tried watching it when it first came out. But, just could not get into it. Too stupid, IMO. They could be doing something really cool instead. Channeling all of that talent for good, instead of E-Vil....;) But, it certainly must be popular if it is still on. I will watch that 308 episode, though.

But, I think it would have been cooler to make that 308 into a radical Street/Strip car. With a Blown Chevy Big Block, or Hemi sticking up from out of the hood. Front Engined, Rear wheel drive. Already Tubbed out in the rear, with the engine out. With big giant Slicks. Zoomies sticking out of the sides, where the Pininfarina tags are located. Now THAT would have been cool!

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Tonight at 7pm on the Discovery Channel:

"The Noodler

Mamma mia! Jesse James and a crew of Italian-American builders cook up the world's fastest (and only) pasta making European import. Yes, pasta made from scratch inside an Italian sports car ready to deliver 100mile an hour sauce!"

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oh boy, anybody else watched it?

I was torn between crying and laughing. The art lover in me tells me to look at this as an another art happening. The Tifosi in me just about wants to strangle the whole gang. And the rational thinker in me (yeah, he does exist on occasion) looks at it this way:
    - Labor and parts 50k
    - Ferrari 308 15k
    => Ferrari value after the show: less than 15k

Now imagine what these talented and experienced mechanics/engineers (although not so sure anymore about the engineer and his "talent") could have done to that car with all that time and resources? Instead they turned it into a non functioning kitchen appliance.

I wonder what happened to the car. It deserves better than this show.

Our own Giovanni did well and his gas burner worked. So did the guy from Berlinetta Motors with the conveyor belt. Both of them I'd be happy to use their services in the future. The rest of the team were a bunch of whackos screwing the pooch.

4. TwinOne

TwinOne Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    Mizar V
    Full Name:
    Robert
    The team, with the exception of Jesse's friend, tried to show respect for the car. I thoroughly believe Jesse James cares about nothing more than ratings and $$$. Very sad. I think they should now send the car to Chip Foose and let him resurrect it!

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    For those who missed it, there are some stills in this thread:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95085

I did like the paint job and the hydraulics opening the front bonnet (btw things added to the car after the artificial deadline). That's about all the positive I can think of.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. I've just been awakened after having to be heavily sedated after watching (and taping) that "show". I was belligerant(sp?) after seeing them tearing apart a "sister Car" of my own 1981 308GTSi. Bouts of uncontrollable crying. Fist pounding on the walls. Continously asking "Why, Why, Why!!! If there is a God! Why did he have to let this happen!!!???" So, my Daughter got sick of my whining and put something in my Chocolate Milk.

I've decided to take a little trip, er, Pilgrimage to SoCal. and find this poor, disrespected, ruined little car, and take it home and bring back to it's splendor of yore. And then, I'm gonna find jesse and stick his "Noodle" in the "Noodler" in that Pasta Grinder (Sandra Bullock won't be so "Congenial" with him about THAT!..) That is, after Someone Else fixes his crappy welding job that he did on it....twice! Awww!

(But, I did like that 3 color paint job...:) )

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hmmmm. I wonder what they did with the leftover parts? (that passenger seat looked pretty good. The Wheels. Etc....:) )

8. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Come on Frank let's go rescue that poor car. We can get it back into shape by the end of the summer. We can have a series of tech days at my place. You can cook all the ribs, (except mine) for everyone and we can rebuild it, we have the technology. What do you think?

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You have the technology, but not the windshield. They broke that out and a windshield on a 308 is easy 1 to 2k. But since they ruined the paintjob, it is just as well as the whole car needs a repaint.

10. TwinOne

TwinOne Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    Mizar V
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I think we should solicit a few $$ from the entire F-Chat community, buy one of WCC's creations and modify it! I bet we could come up with something creative like a automatic butt wiper.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I like your proposal.

I once went to an exhibit about bodily fluids. It was ultra grosse and targeted at kids. There I got some great ideas we could apply to one of his beloved choppers. Of course we would miss our deadline at the end of the project and would be forced to blow up the failed monster. Some of my rocket friends would gladly help with that part.

Sean will tape it and mix the footage into a cool DVD that we can send Jesse for x-mas. I'm sure he'd be delighted.

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    YES!

Geez! If jesse's welds don't hold on a simple pasta maker. What about his bikes?

13. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy

Same guy that sold them the car, got the spares. :)

14. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Tommy, you are the ultimate Wheeler Dealer; 'Billiam of Rosen' told me so! :)

P.S. Thanks for the great deal on the manual you sold me.......many thanks!

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Cool! Do you happen to have a contact # for them? Is it that "Italian Car Recycling" place?

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Read through this thread:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95085&page=8

FChatter sue308 sold the car to the guy who gave it to Jesse. So if you contact her I'm sure you'll find the owner of the spares. Keep us posted how it goes please. I really wonder what is going to happen to the car now.

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Jesse James in nothing but a human Cartoon Character, if you ask me.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hmm. He made a pile of money, has a 360 Challenge and Sandra Bullock at his side. Sometimes it pays to be Donald Duck.

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah, I know... (personally, I could do without Sandra Bullock, though....) Unfortunately, that shows what kind of a pathetically starstruck society we live in today...become a human cartoon character, become rich and famous....Hmmmmm....

20. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Not sure if this has been discussed, but does anyone know what happens to all of these useless creations? I'm sure in about 20 years they'll roll across the stage at Barrett-Jackson, where today's children who have become tomorrow's millionaires will buy them out of nostalgia.