Monterey Historics and FCA 2004 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Monterey Historics and FCA 2004

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mule, Jan 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    If you drive to Anchorage in August, no bugs to worry about. Just moose, bear, caribou, elk, sheep, and senior citizens in RV's. The mosquitos are in the spring, early summer farther north near Fairbanks.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Once we get closer to this date, we'll need to make some plans. Coming to Monterey with some friends for the entire week. Will stay in town and near by.

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Any bag limit here? Or is it open season?

4. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner
    Brian C.

Go to this website www.pashnit.com
    Follow the link to California motorcycle roads.

You can put together some pretty good loops out of Monterey.

I have just been plotting my route to Monterey from San Diego.
    I can get from the North side of L.A. to Carmel without putting a tire on a freeway.

Dr. Tax:

The drive from Monument Valley to Mexican Hat and then up to Moab Utah is very scenic. There is a nice road that follows the Colorado River from Moab to Grand Junction Colorado that is great. It is the only road runs next to the river along its length.

I love Canyonlands NP, Arches NP and Dead Horse Point State Park.
    The scenery is exceptional. The best way to see it is from the back of a dirt bike. But a car drive is still pretty good.

Erich

5. rex550

rex550 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Taking the car to the track is worth it (though hard on the car, it is what they were built for, right?).

I just hit laguna this last Friday 1-2 with a random assortment of cars. Here are a couple pics of the 550. It was raining part of the time, so it is was fun (and scary) to figure out how to correct the slides.... Don't expect rain in August.

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    We should all wear nametags that ID us with our Fchat handle & real name so we know who is who in Monterey

Of course once you see my silver race car it will be pretty obvious who I am :)

7. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    William, how about we all wear a "Carbon Clone" t-shirt?

8. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    I want to drive my F40 up there. It sounds like fun. Any reasons that I shouldn't? I live in So. Cal.
    Any suggestions on what events to attend?

Thanks,
    Rick

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, That's just wrong... but shouldn't the t-shirt say Carbon Copy...?

i'm hell-bent on being there this year... i hope a lot of people from FerrariChat go, i'm looking forward to reuniting with people i've already met and finally meeting people i haven't...

10. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    "As for the normal Monterey events, each event has its own management, and they make their own plans. While we have been in contact with each of them, they run their own events. The FOC, FCA, or Ferrari does not dictate what happens at these events. Depending on your areas of interest, you may or may not want to participate in said events. So, the basic schedule is:

Thursday Aug. 12th – The Pebble Beach Tour. Entrants in the Pebble Beach Concourse have the option of participating in this 50 mile tour around the Pebble Beach / Carmel area. While participation does not affect scoring, if there is a tie in Sunday’s judging, the person who participates in The Tour would win. Since Pebble Beach is honoring Ferrari and Rolls Royce, it might be interesting to see these cars doing what they were designed to do…

Friday Aug 13th – The Concorso Italiano – This event is honoring Ferrari in general, and the Dino in particular this year. This will be a major event for Ferrari owners, and anyone with an interest in Italian cars or motorcycles. There are corals for non-Italian makes as well. Representatives from Ferrari and Pininfarina will be there. There is also practice for the Historic Auto Races and auctions.

Saturday Aug 14th – The Monterey Historic Auto Races – This is the first day of a two-day event, but Saturday is the main day, and more heavily attended. The FOC has their hospitality tent at the top of a hill at turn 10. We feel this location provides the best view of the track and the pit entrance. We also have parking for Ferraris in the tent area as well as down the hill. The FCA also has a tent, and there will likely be a Ferrari tent as well. There will be a Ferrari parade at noon, and Ferrari displays. Ferrari has not firmed-up their plans yet, so I don’t have more detail. Sat. evening is the FOC’s Barnyard event. This is a free event at the Barnyard shopping mall that is the only event to offer the public FREE access to Ferraris and other exotics. There are also auctions later in the evening.

Sunday Aug 15th – While the Historic Auto Races continue, The Pebble Beach Concourse is the main event. Again Ferrari and Rolls Royce are honored, and both will be well represented.

I know the FCA has rented the track at Laguna Seca Monday and Tuesday, but I don’t know any of the details…

As I said, Ferrari has not firmed-up their plans. I went to Italy in October to work on this, but between the 612 announcement and the upcoming auto shows, there weren’t ready to get into the details. After the Detroit and L.A. Auto Shows, we will again be working on this issue, and hope to have more details soon."

11. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    It takes 3 days to get from Palm Springs to Monterey?

I assume they're doing some partying along the way... or hitting each track along the way... or ??? What are the details of this FCA trip to Monterey?

12. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Details have not been released yet, but if it is like last year, yes the FNA tour involves a number of stops with apparently some frisky driving along the way. Although no animals were harmed during last year's tour, or so I'm told.

Dr Frisky Tax

13. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Registration is up now for the Concorso Italiano on Aug 13, I just signed up

14. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
    I'm in. Just signed up for CI 2004 and the FCA2004 meet F1 ticket. That means 2 days on the track at Laguna! I look so forward to it. I participated at the FCALA2002 meet and had a great time. No way I'm missing FCA2004. Look forward to meeting you all there.

15. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris

16. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nice! Looks like turn 6. Not such a forgiving turn if you mess that one up.

17. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
  18. toms

toms Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    "I know the FCA has rented the track at Laguna Seca Monday and Tuesday, but I don’t know any of the details…"

FCA has the track for Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Rolls Royce has rented Laguna Seca for Tuesday. Ferrari NA wants to do a Ferrari Challenge Race on Thursday afternoon, but details are not final.

19. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I thought the Challenge Race was scheduled for Sunday at the end of the Monterey Historics. But I can't remember where I read that.

20. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Pricing finalized for the FCA 2004 events.
    Formula 1--$950.00
    Formula 2--$650.00
    Ed

21. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Going to be pricey. I just registered for two. Add tickets to Historics, Concourse Italiano, Pebble Beach Concourse, hotel, etc.

The FCA rep said the "goody bag" was worth $150 alone. Better have some good stuff.

22. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Actually I just got my invoice for $975 for F1 ans $650 for F2. It is still vague as to what is included. The Original site listed some special ferrari events @ historics and ferrari at quail which is the concourso I think , then driver
    s school/rally/aquarium etc..The site further said F1 was all events including track for $400 plus final fee TBD. But the actual invoice Lists driver's school as extra 395 and no concourso and no special events and you pay $975. I'm not sure what is happening. Personally, I'm only in it for the tracktime. I don't see why I just can't sell off a F2 package (which is F1 without the track) for a substantially reduced price to someone who wants it. Oh there is no peble beach entry included but they give you a ride there from the doubletree

23. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    WTF is RR going to do with a race track ? :)

24. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002

You don't take your Silver Cloud out and put it through the paces?? :D I'd imagine they'll be chauffering passengers, showing them how their tea still doesn't spill as they barrel through the corkscrew.

--Dan

25. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    On the PDF form on the website it lists three contacts. Call one of them and he should answer your questions. My view is F1 if you bring your car, F2 if you don't, the other one if you are a kid and can't drink (socials, dinner, etc.)

I did not know that F1 did not cover EVERYTHING. Pebble Beach, Historics, Concourso Italiano are not FCA events, which is why they are extra/seperate.