Monterey Is there a gathering during car week for Ford GT ('05-06) owners? | FerrariChat

Monterey Is there a gathering during car week for Ford GT ('05-06) owners?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by bitzman, Aug 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Going by appreciation (some going for over $300K, more than twice what they cost new ) I would surmise there is a staunch owner group that meets often at big car events. With 4038 made, which is like roughly five times the number of Miuras made, you would think you would see them more than Miuras, which I don't?

2. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    Our large national gathering is later in the year and the 100 spots available this year are gone. Roughly 60/40 split between 17-21s and 05/06s this year. Not sure why appreciation would be a factor, but that's about $70 million worth of GTs.

Art138 and Davesvt2000 like this.
  3. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    A lot of the $300k+ cars are still “in the wrapper” so they stay in their storage facilities. On the other end of the spectrum are guys like myself, who struggled for years to buy one and taking a trip to the coast just makes little sense financially. Then finally, most of the FGT owners I’ve met are not of the “tea & crumpets” crowd, which I associate with events like these.

Enjoy the Miuras, I was reminded last week how great it is to see one in person.

Thecadster likes this.
  4. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I don't think "tea and crumpet", those must be Bentley owners, especially those with pre-war Bentleys. I imagine they are more like musclecar owners who've graduated to a higher level of musclecar owner. But I only met '05-'06 owners mostly, and so far only one new Ford GT ('17-'21) owner who ordered a special car with carbon fiber body parts and he was extremely knowledgeable about his car. So I think ih the current model you have a difference in demographics from the ''05-06 including age, income, education--I haven't tried to find out if Ford has published those specs.