Monterey Speed Traps | FerrariChat

Monterey Speed Traps

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by tonyc, Aug 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    I had to drive into Monterey twice today and I saw three locations where the police had radar guns.

The first place is entering HW68 East Bound from HW1, There is a nice stretch of road where we all tend to open the throttle. Police were hidden on the right side where they could not be seen.

The second place I saw a motorcycle cop is on Fremont Ave coming off of HW1 exit heading towards down town Monterey. There is a cemetery on the right and soon after the road crests there is a driveway to enter the cemetery, That is where the police had a radar gun aimed up the hill.

The third place, is our only local tunnel. Two motorcycle cops were at the end of the tunnel heading towards New Monterey/Cannery Row. They are impossible to see when you enter the tunnel.

Have fun and enjoy Monterey :)

miketuason, Mirek, SECRET and 2 others like this.
  2. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'd offer an additional spot, HWY1 S of Castroville and the intersection at 156 I've seen CHP up on one of the overpasses there shooting radar. Tickets issued downstream by additional CHP.