Monthly Breakfast in OC | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Monthly Breakfast in OC

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Bmyth-FDC, Jan 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

When should we have our monthly OC breakfast?

1. First Saturday of every month

2. Last Saturday of every month

3. First Sunday of every month

4. Last Sunday of every month

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    I'm sleeping! I'll give you a key to the house so you guys can come in and wake us up! I miss you guys too!!

Hey, I like the last Sunday @ 9:00am a lot! What do you think?

2. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    It all sounds good to me! I would prefer to go on a sunday, first or last. This should be fun!

David

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #28 Chiaro_Slag, Jan 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

If I get the keys to your house, I may take them red calipers home with me!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills

Hey I am known for making big breakfasts when i have crew at my pad. I'd help ya out. ;) I'll bring a model or two.

During the summers, I make breakfast for the Southampton Fire Dept every other Sunday with some of my cycling buddies across the street at Revolutions. If you keep them fed and happy, they are less likely to close down my summer bbq's. I am used to cooking for a large unruly mob.

My vote is last week of the month, brunch. And during the summer we should plan a bonfire night at Bolsa Chica. (bring your car covers)

Saturdays, for those that dig adventure, I go trail running up in Angeles Crest (great drive) or Corral Canyon in Malibu then go and do a bbq in the Palisades at my homey's place.

5. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Well,
    Where ever we end up, there will be an F1 race every other Sunday! I'm sure we can plan either a morning drive or ?? but I am sure there will be a group of us that get together for the race......
    If it is decided to come to Haus of Pizza, let me know so I can make arangements there. We sort of have a seperate room that I should be able to keep for us.

Rick

6. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    Jerry,
    Bring me your's and I'll make them red. Please leave mine alone!

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    lol - If I knew how to take them off, I would! :)

8. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Okay, so the polls are in!

I think the consensus is to pick a regular date that would satisfy the following criteria:
    1) Easy to remember
    2) Don't conflict with Crystal Cove (for those that would like to attend)
    3) Flexible time for those traveling in from outside the area

How about this?
    LAST SUNDAY of every month at 9 AM

To be fair to the folks in different parts of So Cal, wouldn't it be fun to pick a different location each time? And if it falls on a F1 sunday, we can all venture to Haus of Pizza to watch some racing after a breakfast/drive!

I don't know about you guys, but I kinda liked the Coco's at Fashion Island last time... easy atmosphere, plenty of parking... and my vote would be for a change of venue from CC... perhaps the MacArthur/PCH parking lot near Tommy Bahama's.

Byron

9. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    One other very nice location is the new center recently opened across from the Newport Bluffs. The cross streets are Bison and MacArthur. There is a Pei Wei Restaurant on the corner of the lot. You see it on the right every time you merge onto the 73 freeway heading north. There are five or six eating establishments there. I am not sure if there is a coffee place or not for an early morning rendezvous. Anyway, nice open parking lot, easy access, etc.

10. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    That's a great idea, Jeffrey. Do you mind cruising by there to see if there are any breakfast-type food establishments? Btw, I don't think we had a chance to meet last weekend at CC... maybe we'll get a chance to meet one of these days.

Byron

11. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I'll do that Byron and it would be a pleasure to meet you as well. Are you planning to attend CC this Saturday?

12. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    The one other thing about that corner mall is that it is high visibility. This could be both good and bad. However, if we decide to congregate there first (as opposed to some other group) - we could unofficially claim it as F-car territory! Ha ha!

13. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    It is probably a good spot, it has a Krispy Kream or however you spell it, its a major lot, easy to get to. Seems like it could be good.

14. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Oh dont get me near a Krispy Kreme...I get dragged out 50 pounds heavier and still eating :)

15. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Crispy Kreme? They are DOUGHnuts? Give me something with substance. If I wanted cotton candy shaped like a doughnut, this would be where I would go. *cough, hack, spit*

16. RAMIN

RAMIN Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    Los Angeles
    WLA, Santa Monica, or Beverly Hills all sound great to me too. Gotta have something for us in L.A. too; OC already has the Crystal Cove event... I vote for any Saturday A.M.

Ramin

17. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    FastRed355, Ramin, everyone...

FDC will be hosting the monthly drives as usual...many of which will be in the LA area. The OC monthly breakfast is just an event that a lot of ppl in OC have expressed interest in doing.

We will be hosting a drive early Feb. and every month following.

Look for other events as indoor karting, tech sessions, and the big spring charity event.

Byron

18. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Last Sunday of every month sounds good to me aswell. I am glad that some LA breakfasts are being considered as OC means a long drive for some.

Rick- Kind offer re: using Haus of Pizza! We'd have to be outa there long before you opened or your staff might look at you funny.

Brian- Since your awesome home theater demo I was thinking that I should have brought my Testarossa video (about 30 minutes) to play. Does your high tech system also play regular old VHS tapes? I think Ramin would love a copy if he were to see it.

I also enjoyed the coco's AND Brian's pad. Either way, I'm in.

19. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Unfortunately no, no VHS in the theater. With the resolution difference of VHS vs. higher quality formats, you'd think you were going blind if I showed VHS. I am pretty sure I know which tape you're talking about though.

20. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
  21. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Well, the polls are in...
    With the recent "backlash" from the Crystal Cove gathering, I think many of us share the same sentiment of doing informal "get-togethers" possibly at another venue/location.

We started this vote a while back - I thought I would revive this thread to see if there is still some interest... The LAST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH is coming up on 2/29. For those of you interested, I propose we do a little get-together and have some breakfast...

Some have suggested the Coco's in Fashion Island, others suggested Brian's house (again!!:))... I like the suggestion of The Bluffs, a new plaza that just opened up in Newport Beach, near Bison/MacArthur.

How 'bout we try there for Feb? We can meet up, have some coffee, talk cars, and possibly go for a leisurely cruise afterwards?

We can pick a new location for next month... maybe in South Bay or even LA... that way the last sunday of the month breakfast thing doesn't ever get dull - we can continue to attract new people at new locations.

I'm game for 2/29 if you guys are!!

Byron

22. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    I vote for Los Angeles. Maybe Malibu or Calabasas. Oh, and also first Sunday. Anymore LA votes out there?

23. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Brian,
    The last Sunday sounds good. If there is an F1 race that weekend, maybe we can either meet at Haus of Pizza or somewhere else to watch the race. I am going to Calabasas this weekend, I will let you know how it goes.

Rick

24. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Too early for me to schedule it, but I hope I can make it.

To put it bluntly, we need two locations or to pick a centralized spot considerate to those in LA and Ventura counties (not Newport beach, not around Crystal Cove). If two locations, we would benefit from having two coordinators or one person who will be attending both all the time. This person (or individuals) will be responsible for making the reservations and be able to be reached in an on road emergency.

If this becomes a regular get together, to meet up and show face for a few hours and share a meal, the F-cars should not be required. But if you want to stretch their legs, by all means. This is not a car show, it should be a get together amongst friends first and foremost! Share the mileage ;)

My 2 pence,
    Sunny

25. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I love the idea of watching the F1 races at haus of pizza.

I should be joining Rick for Calabases this weekend - But it's a bit too far for me to do regularly.

Crystal Cove days are coming to an end - I love seeing all the different cars though. :(