Montoya Could Miss Bahrain | FerrariChat

Montoya Could Miss Bahrain

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by F1racer, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Breaking news on atlasf1.

Montoya injured himself playing tennis.
    Rumour has it that it might have been a motorbike accident (collar bone). - Official explanation that he fell playing tennis (injured shoulder)
    They say he's out for 3 weeks.

McLaren are rushing the mods to the MP4/20 so Wurz can drive it in Bahrain. For now its 50/50 between him and De la Rosa. We will know more news this week.
    http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=32394

2. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Forget Alex for Bahrain, he is doing a lot of tyre testing in an MP4-19B chassis right now. McLaren are making an MP4-20 which he will fit, but it won't be ready until Barcelona. Now McLaren are rushing so he can drive during fridays practice in Bahrain. If Wurz is not capable to drive on friday, some say Ron Dennis will call up Mika Hakkinen for Friday in Bahrain. (Remember MH said, he wouldn't race F1 again - but this would be just testing!)

This is frustrating for Alex. All those years with McLaren and its De la Rosa who's going to drive ...
    Wurz is a top driver and very unlucky to be stuck in a testing role (his fifth straight testing year with McLaren) A waste of talent!

3. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Good!

Montoya's reckless driing and lack of respect for other drivers will not be missed.

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Now all we have to look forward to is Michael's reckless driving and lack of respect for other drivers.

5. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Here's a toast to seconding that!

Carol

6. s_eric09

s_eric09 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    George
    It would be nice to see Mika Hakkinen. Montoya should known better......sigh oh well. I'm still waiting to see the promised match up between JPM and Kimi

7. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Wurz is a waste of breath. Let him rot in a ditch.

8. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ahhhh

Arnt we all full of love here.....

9. amslb182

amslb182 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2004
    Ct
    Full Name:
    Andrew LeGrant
    I think both JPM and M. Schumacher have a bit of reckless driving and lack of respect for other drivers in them, but that is what makes them both so succesful and entertaining to watch, you can't win at racing by being nice.

10. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Not gonna happen with Hakkinen - he's driving an AMG-Mercedes C-Class in the 2005 DTM Series.

Carol

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    LOL!

The way JPM has driven so far this season, it won't make much of a difference if they put Wurz or Mika in that cockpit.

12. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Connie is expecting a baby very soon. JPM seems less agressive.
    I think it will take a few more races before we see the old Montoya.
    But still JPM 8 points, KR 1 point.

13. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Because its been over 2 years Mika is out of F1, the FIA would have to give him a Super License. They cannot do that before he drives 300 km during a test , which cannot be done in the week before a GP.

And yes Hakkinen is in DTM. He's committed to it.

14. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    "Good!

Montoya's reckless driing and lack of respect for other drivers will not be missed."

Are you nuts or what? Since you're the self proclaimed expert and the apparently fervent wisher of injury and ill will to anyone other than your hero perhaps you'd care to explain Mr. Schumacher's results as compared with Mr. Montoya's this year. Where's YOUR respect for the other drivers?

Or maybe you're just talking about the way Juan Pablo uses a hair drier????

15. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Michael Schumacher = 7 time World Champion and atleast 2 more to come

Juan Pablo Montoya = 0 World Championships and will never ever win a world champioship.

Montoya is a reckless driver that has based his entire racing career on diving into the inside line of another racer and terrorizing drivers by threatening them with his car.

I respect all other driver excepting JPM and Sato. They are both reckless and insane drivers who will probably end up hurting someone on the track someday. I just hope that no one else has to pay for their stupidity.

16. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Unless the FIA changes the current tire rules or Bridgestone pulls a huge trick out of their hat ASAP, those "2 more" for MS may never get here.
    I wonder how Ferrari would look this year if they were on the Michelins?

17. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    OT

Good question Dr. Tom. I was thinking the current problem is due to Ferrari's having to push last year's car through the air with this year's wings, while everyone else (except Minardi) has been able to push THIS year's car through the air with this year's wings. But that doesn't hold water if you compare Rubens' results agains Mikies.

18. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Remember 2003... everyone said the same thing.

End of the Ferrari era. End of the Michael Era.

Don't hold your breath!!! Michael and Ferrari will silence the critics again.

19. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I hope you're right!

20. MclarenPower

MclarenPower Rookie

Mar 14, 2005
    MIAMI
    Full Name:
    Elvis
    #20 MclarenPower, Mar 30, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yeah for all u Montoya haters he is gonna be out for only this race.He will be back for Imola because he is healing his shoulder besides Ferrari will not win at Bahrain My fellow TIFOSI FANS.

EXPECT RENAULT TO DOMINATE
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Pretty embarrassing for superstar Montoya to pause because of a self inflected wound. I just question whether he really plays tennis that aggressively that he caused a hair fracture in his collar bone or did he simply fall off his motorcycle?

22. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I'm glad he didn't have a more serious injury - self inflicted or not.

23. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    The Independent is a pretty well respected newspaper, not some tabloid rag. I bet Ron Dennis is absolutely seething!! :)

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Rumour has it, that his fracture is severe enough for him to also miss Imola and Barcelona. That would give Kimi plenty of time to establish a leadership position within the team, for what that's worth.